PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know anything about Burt Ford??

thirdgenlxi
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 06:36 PM
In Englewood, I believe. Got a job offer from the guy there today (diesel tech), just wondering of anyone knows anything about them as far as being a decent place to work for, honesty, etc. I know stories about dealerships, good or bad, usually travel pretty fast.

I've been out of a job for a month now here in Georgia and starting to look elsewhere, and pretty much move to wherever I can find a job at. Nobody is biting around here. If this seems like a good company and all, I may end up moving out that way very shortly. But I'd like to do my best to try and make sure it's gonna work out before I move out there. It's a loooong move (1500 miles), and I'd hate to get out there and have it not work out

Any thoughts appreciated :)

thirdgenlxi
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Oh yea can anyone fill me in on the cost of living out that way too??

longrider
Mon Jul 13th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I can tell you as a customer I will give Burt Ford a positive recommendation. A friend of mine work at the Parker store and seems quite satisfied, he has been there 5 years+. Brian is a rider (R6) but I dont think hes a member here, I will see if he can give you any 'inside' info

whitebrad
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 02:30 AM
when i was out in Atlanta, the Cost of Living was a little higher than here... of course, that was a decade ago...

fyi

GixxerCarrie
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 05:31 AM
pm Jared85...He works for the one in Parker and has for a couple years.

Riverdog
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 02:29 PM
If you have been out of work and you have an offer I would take it, if the money is right. Cost of living is not too bad, may be a little higher than Georgia. As a rider I would take Colorado over Georgia any day, but you will want to make it out here before the season comes to an end. With any luck at all, we will have a nice long indian summer. As far as the dealership I don't own a Ford, but was not real happy with Burt Mazda. I think they are franchised and owned seperatley.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

In Englewood, I believe. Got a job offer from the guy there today (diesel tech), just wondering of anyone knows anything about them as far as being a decent place to work for, honesty, etc. I know stories about dealerships, good or bad, usually travel pretty fast.

I've been out of a job for a month now here in Georgia and starting to look elsewhere, and pretty much move to wherever I can find a job at. Nobody is biting around here. If this seems like a good company and all, I may end up moving out that way very shortly. But I'd like to do my best to try and make sure it's gonna work out before I move out there. It's a loooong move (1500 miles), and I'd hate to get out there and have it not work out

Any thoughts appreciated :)

Devaclis
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Here, use this:

http://cgi.money.cnn.com/tools/costofliving/costofliving.html

As for Burt, I have had good experiences with them. No complaints from me. And that is a shocker. I complain about free money.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 03:37 PM
I bought my car from Burt Mazda (they share lots with Burt Ford) and have no real big complaints. Like any dealership, there are positive and negative aspects. As far as the service department they seem to be OK as well. I usually end up going somewhere else though because they are always too busy for my schedule.
Good Luck with whatever you decide!