PDA

View Full Version : You like UFC? You like EA Sports games?

Devaclis
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Well, you now have to choose which one you like more. Your favorite fighters are now barred from appearing in EA sports games.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/07/ultimate-threat-appear-in-eas-mma-game-no-ufc-contract.ars

Zach929rr
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Someone needs to kick Dana White in the nuts.

Devaclis
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Don't mess with Dana, EVAR!!

Matty
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Someone needs to kick Dana Straw in the nuts.

Fixed it for ya!!!

Devaclis
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Many have tried. None have succeeded. Few lived.

PiercedDuc
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 11:12 AM
We could pay your wife to do it...but she's probably too busy riding around on her new GSX-R. :)

Devaclis
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I will get this little guy I know, named Alex, to protect me. TINY dood. He should prolly work out :)

PiercedDuc
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Aww, damn. Guess I better run off to the gym. :lol:

bulldog
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Well Dana White believed in the sport when very few did. He put in the time and money to get the sport where it is now, so yeah he is the main guy and can pretty much do what he wants. He never said they can't be in the EA game, just that if you do you won't be fighting in the UFC. I am sure he made an exclusive deal on the UFC game and now others just want to take a piece of the money. Where were these people ten years ago? From what I have seen, Dana White is pretty fair, but he is not about to let someone else take over what he has made.

puckstr
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Re: You like UFC? You like EA Sports games?
OH I thought is said:

Re: You like KFC? You like EA Sports games?

MMMMMMM KFC:yumyum:

D3ADM4N
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 01:27 PM
for being kindof an asshole, Dana white is pretty smart considering the success theyve had by choking off or buying any other MMA groups.

Devaclis
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 01:29 PM
The Vince McMahon of UFC?

Wait, aren't they the same "sport"?

Horsman
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Someone needs to kick Dana White in the nuts.

Yeah, Yeah, Kick him, kick him in the Jimmy!!!

bulldog
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 01:38 PM
The Vince McMahon of UFC?

Wait, aren't they the same "sport"? You are really going to compare Dana White to Vince McHahon and UFC to WWE! First of all, UFC is in no way like WWE (one is a sport and the other is entertainment) and second, Dana White does not approve of his fighter acting childish like the wrestlers and wants it known that UFC is a sport with trained fighters that respect their sport. Brock Lesnar even got chewed out by him on Saturday when he acted un-professional after winning his fight.

Zach929rr
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Brock Lesnar even got chewed out by him on Saturday when he acted un-professional after winning his fight.

Did he really? Good for Dana White for doing that. Lesnar is such a bitch.

Devaclis
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Hmmmm, yeah, I am going to compare the two. If it were not entertainment it would not be on Television. It would not be a video game. It would not "entertain" so many people.

The people in WWE don't train? They are not professional entertainers? No flashy clothes? No smack talking? No hyped events that "you'll only need the edge of your seat for"?

Bullshit. Stop being a UFC nutswinger and see it for what it is, a televised cash cow for Dana and his company. What, vince does not promote his sport? There are more likenesses to these two than differences.

bulldog
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Did he really? Good for Dana White for doing that. Lesnar is such a bitch. Here is one of the articles

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dw-lesnar071209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I even read one that said that Dana told Brock that their sponsor "Bud Light" which Brock made fun of on Saturday, is more important than he is and he has no problem getting rid of him.

bulldog
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Hmmmm, yeah, I am going to compare the two. If it were not entertainment it would not be on Television. It would not be a video game. It would not "entertain" so many people.

The people in WWE don't train? They are not professional entertainers? No flashy clothes? No smack talking? No hyped events that "you'll only need the edge of your seat for"?

Bullshit. Stop being a UFC nutswinger and see it for what it is, a televised cash cow for Dana and his company. What, vince does not promote his sport? There are more likenesses to these two than differences.One is scripted and the other is a sport that people have been competing in for years called Martial Arts. The only difference is Dana made it where people of different martial arts could compete against eashother. Yes UFC is also entertainment, but it is a sport like football, basketball, etc

Devaclis
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I like Dana, don't get me wrong. I am not a UFC fan, but I do watch it every now and then. I think he learned how to be a businessman the best way you can, and he is tougher and better for it. Not taking any shit from your employees is kick ass. But I have also seen the circus that is the reality shows for this obsession. hahaha "reality"

bulldog
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I like Dana, don't get me wrong. I am not a UFC fan, but I do watch it every now and then. I think he learned how to be a businessman the best way you can, and he is tougher and better for it. Not taking any shit from your employees is kick ass. But I have also seen the circus that is the reality shows for this obsession. hahaha "reality" Reality Show? I think you are talking about the "Ultimate Fighter Show", which is a way for him to bring in new talent into the UFC. I don't see how it is a circus though. In the end it is about finding the next fighters. Of course he needs to make money in order for it to go foward, but if you really research Dana White and what he has done for MMA, it is much more than just making money for him. Yes you could compare him to Vince, but that is like comparing any two business men in the television.

Devaclis
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 02:01 PM
^^ Oh, and YOU SUCK!! haha I am just giving you shit mang :) I know there are a BUNCH of UFC fans here. I never really cared too much for it. Hell, I never liked WRASTLIN' after Junk Yard Dogg, Jake the Snake, The HEart Brothers, and the Shiek all went away.

Isn't there supposed to be a dude from Average Joes in UFC?

I think the only reality show I watched all the way through, and maybe it was more of a special, is when Dana was training to come back and fight this dude.

TheStig
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I think you two should settle this with a MMA fight!!! lol

Anyone ever listen to Jason Ellis's show? He always talks smack about Lesners tattoo on his chest. He says its a Penis shooting a load haha.

Devaclis
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 02:33 PM
No way, is much bigger than me and has a MUCH cooler bike :)

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 02:48 PM
comparing UFC to WWE is like comparing Michael Jackson to straight men.
Down right comical. I've never been able to watch a full episode of WWE, but I would pay to watch UFC. Cmon, seriously? The only injuries in WEE are from mistakes in their act.

Devaclis
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Yeah, seriously. Start to finish. What is so different that they are not remotely the same thing, to a fan?

Zach929rr
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Take a lady to a WWE match and see if you get laid that night.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I guarantee that she won't have all her teeth

Zach929rr
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 03:01 PM
:spit:

Devaclis
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 03:04 PM
teef

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 03:21 PM
BTW...does anyone have a link for the post fight interview...it seems UFC has removed it from Youtube and Yahoo

~Barn~
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 03:34 PM
The post fight press conferences are available on UFC.com

bulldog
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 03:37 PM
I think the only reality show I watched all the way through, and maybe it was more of a special, is when Dana was training to come back and fight this dude. lol....Dana has never fought in the UFC :slap: :lol:

~Barn~
Tue Jul 14th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Dana White was going to get in an exhibition boxing match with Tito Ortiz, during the middle/end of their falling-out.

The show that Dana is commenting on, was a "build-up" that got produced and aired, but the boxing match itself never reached fruition. Tito never appeared at the weigh-in, and essentially blew the whole thing off.

whitebrad
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 03:43 AM
sort of still off topic, but check this out...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dw-brockcarwin071309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

i like carwin, but i hope he's ready...

his last fight he got a little rocked by Gonzaga, who doesn't hit nearly as hard as lesnar's bitch ass... (i think lesnar puts rocks in his purse before the fight...)

but anyway, might not be a terrible match-up if carwin can cut to '65 and then get to about '95...

'course he needs to get by velasquez first...

here's his apology, in case anyone was looking: http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/mma/UFC/14458660

~Barn~
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 07:37 AM
While Gabriel Gonzaga may not be known for world class striking, I wouldn't say that he lacks any sort of power with his shots. You may not think so, but I'd say he is definitely right up there with Brock, in terms of how hard he hits.

Lesnar may arguably be the most "powerful" heavyweight out there, but sheer bulk doesn't equate to the damage you can do with your strikes. It's a power and technique thing, and Lesnar is obviously still in learning mode.

For that matter, in the 5 MMA fights Lesnar's had to date, he hasn't KO'd somebody with a single clean shot. Gonzaga however:

- Knocked Mirko "CroCop" Filipovic into the middle of next Thursday with a head kick.

- Broke Randy Couture's arm with a body kick that Couture blocked.

- Broke Shane Carwin's nose with a straight right.

- KO'd Kevin Jordan with a right hook to the jaw.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 08:35 AM
The post fight press conferences are available on UFC.comI actually wanted to hear the post-fight interview in the ring w/ Joe Rogan...not the apology. No need to hear an apology w/o hearing 1st hand what he was apologizing for. I lookd on UFC.com and couldn't find anything other than the press conf.

Matty
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Kimbo vs Lesner..... i want to see that one.

whitebrad
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 08:42 AM
all very true, but with the power lesnar generated LAYING on top of Mir in a half guard, with no hip or body torsion, i figure he HAS to hit harder than Gonzaga...

he knocked Hering into a backward somersalt with that right...

he knocked Mir about 3-5 feet back in part 1...

he knocked Mir out like i described above...

so, i am not 100% sure, but i am guessing he hits harder in the guard than gonzaga, and his takedowns are very bullish... he does generate a HUGE amount of drive after first contact on his shots... Carwin may need to be able to use all his power for hip escapes, which, as a wrestler, i don't know if he has the techniques...

so my assumption is based on that, and that is pure speculation, but that is the danger area i see most.

I do not see any footwork from lesnar that would generate standing knock-out power, so his stand up is suspect, but man, he hits really hard in guard... looks like a VERY sloppy Ortiz, but has that sort of damaging power from the top...

once again, great to talk with you about mma...

looking forward to the Cane/Velasquez fight...

you see Couture's comments about lesnar v Fedor? interesting read on yahoo main page... (sports section)

PROFLYER
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I know Shane (Carwin). He trained at my gym here in Loveland for a while. I'm a good sized guy for sure (6' 225) and don't feel small by any means...THIS man, however, makes me feel like a midget. He told me Ganzaga was his stepping stone to Lesnar and he was just waiting for them to set the fight up....sometime this fall he was thinking when I talked to him last. Super nice guy, his wife is a realtor here in NOCO and they're just all around good people. I'd like to see him do well!!

PROFLYER
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Nevermind, looks like he's taking on Cain this fall. If he wins Lesnar will be next.

~Barn~
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 09:22 AM
I actually wanted to hear the post-fight interview in the ring w/ Joe Rogan...not the apology. No need to hear an apology w/o hearing 1st hand what he was apologizing for. I lookd on UFC.com and couldn't find anything other than the press conf.

I have the entire PPV broadcast. Hit me up later if you want a copy of it.

whitebrad
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 09:24 AM
I know Shane (Carwin). He trained at my gym here in Loveland for a while. I'm a good sized guy for sure (6' 225) and don't feel small by any means...THIS man, however, makes me feel like a midget. He told me Ganzaga was his stepping stone to Lesnar and he was just waiting for them to set the fight up....sometime this fall he was thinking when I talked to him last. Super nice guy, his wife is a realtor here in NOCO and they're just all around good people. I'd like to see him do well!!

+1!

i know he's a big, super big guy, and i know he's tough as nails, no denying it... (any pro fighter in the ufc is tough...) but he has to get by Cane Velasquez first... i hope he does it, after all, because i KNOW Cane will not match up well to lesnar at all

Horsman
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Kimbo Slice vs Butterbean!!!! unless that has already happened....

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Yeah i want a copy of it. would you take a ticket to the aerosmith concert (you gotta go w/ me) as a trade?

~Barn~
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Nevermind, looks like he's taking on Cain this fall. If he wins Lesnar will be next.

Indeed. Barring any injuries to either man, he and Velasquez will be fighting at UFC 104 on October 24th, out at the Staples center in L.A. The winner of the fight, get's the next crack at Lesnar.

I'm a pretty big Velasquez fan, and as much as I hate either guy to suffer a setback from this fight, I do want Shane to win. I just think he has the tools moreso than Cain does, to actually possibly beat Lesnar.

Carwin has a thick beard (a la his recovery from Gonzaga), retarded power in his punches, and an appreciable wrestling background that will serve him well for grappling with Brock and keeping the fight on his feet. Shane won't be playing a Ju Jitsu game with Brock, like Mir, he'll sprawl and shuck and scramble, and do everything to avoid having to fight from the ground, and if he lands something flush on Lesnar's chin, I think he'll shut the lights off.

Velasquez is a very young man, and I think if he loses to Shane, it will only serve to help improve his game. Going to be a great rest of 2009, in MMA, that's for sure!

~Barn~
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 09:38 AM

Did you know that Kimbo will be on the upcoming season of SPIKE TV's The Ultimate Fighter? As will Brenden Schaub, another local Auroa product, with quite the promising future. It's an entire season dedicated to Heavyweights. And plus, I think Brenden and Shane Carwin are actually former training partners. :think:

Anyway... here's an article (http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Spike-TV-Reveals-TUF-10-Cast-18439) about the cast. The season starts in September.

Yeah i want a copy of it. would you take a ticket to the aerosmith concert (you gotta go w/ me) as a trade?

Why yes... Yes I would.

:music: DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LADY! :music:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 09:40 AM
sweet...i'll get you the details later this week.

PROFLYER
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Indeed. Barring any injuries to either man, he and Velasquez will be fighting at UFC 104 on October 24th, out at the Staples center in L.A. The winner of the fight, get's the next crack at Lesnar.

I'm a pretty big Velasquez fan, and as much as I hate either guy to suffer a setback from this fight, I do want Shane to win. I just think he has the tools moreso than Cain does, to actually possibly beat Lesnar.

Carwin has a thick beard (a la his recovery from Gonzaga), retarded power in his punches, and an appreciable wrestling background that will serve him well for grappling with Brock and keeping the fight on his feet. Shane won't be playing a Ju Jitsu game with Brock, like Mir, he'll sprawl and shuck and scramble, and do everything to avoid having to fight from the ground, and if he lands something flush on Lesnar's chin, I think he'll shut the lights off.

Velasquez is a very young man, and I think if he loses to Shane, it will only serve to help improve his game. Going to be a great rest of 2009, in MMA, that's for sure!
Well said.

Zach929rr
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Kimbo doesn't know how to fight for shit. Maybe some UFC training will help.

whitebrad
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 05:33 PM
kimbo can kick a lot of ass... don't get it confused... he may not be elite yet, or ever, but he is still a bad ass...

the thing about him is, well, it takes a lot of guts and man-ness (fake word alert!) to man up and go to the organization that is the best, but talked so much shit about you and basically trashed you... i have much respect for him...

he never got involved in talking all that trash and promoting himself as the best or anything, his handlers did that and are probably kicking themselves for it right now...

i would like to see him succeed... he has a lot of heart