PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a lathe?

Lomax
Thu Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:09 AM
I would like to find someone who could spin me out a set of front and rear axle sliders for my Duc. Does anyone have a lathe and a source of Aluminum round stock and would be willing to make these for me? Please PM or E-mail me at lomaxcm@louisville.stoetek.com or post any advise you may have.

Ride Safe.
Marc.

Dysco
Thu Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:42 PM
Why not use Delrin? Also, does the Duc have hollow or solid axles?

Lomax
Fri Mar 4th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Yep your right. Derlin would be great also. Yes the Duc has hollow axles both front and back. I just need someone to turn them down for me. I found a place in the UK that makes nice front sliders and no one seems to have ever heard of rear sliders. I have front and rear on my Buell so I am sure it could be done.

Cheers.
Marc

Mac020
Fri Mar 4th, 2005, 07:09 AM
I own an entire machine shop and would be interested in looking at what you have in mind. We are in the Springs if you are interested. Prolly cost ya a 12 pack or so.

Lomax
Fri Mar 4th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Here are a couple of photos of what I want done. A couple of knobs (???) machined down to fit inside the axle ends. Run a 1/4x20 all thread thru the axle with a nut on each end to hold them on. I really appreciate it but don't know when I could get to the springs. I guess I would need to wear my big back pack in order to carry enough payment with me. :lol:

Mac020
Fri Mar 4th, 2005, 12:57 PM
You could send them down and I could make US a couple. Then we could meet somewhere. I'll bring my pack! :) I've got the black delrin and the technology.

Dysco
Fri Mar 4th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Not to spoil the beer party, and just for the sake of giving you options: http://supermotoengineering.com/sportbike.htm

You can also just buy their mounting kits if you're into good lines...

/supermoto rulz

Lomax
Fri Mar 4th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Dysco, Thanks for the info. I contacted him and we will make me up a custom set for the Duc.

Mac020. Thank you so much for the offer an I still owe you a beer. :lol:

Ride Safe.
Marc