PDA

View Full Version : IT'S ON come see it all happen as the six niner returns to the track!

rybo
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 12:09 PM
On July 25th for a stunning back to back performance in middle weight and heavy weight endurance!

That's right the bright red ducati (#69) piloted by the guy they call RYBO will be starting from the back row of the grid and hoping to finish NOT LAST at High Plains Raceway on the 25th!

Come cheer me on! There are 2 4 1 gate passes available for spectators and a cooler full of refreshments in my pits. If you're nice I might even show you pictures of my kids! (or if they are up to it they may even BE there!)

Even though I'm STILL unemployed I'm making the effort to support the MRA and keep motorcycle roadracing alive in Colorado.

Come see what all the fuss is about, I guarantee that it's worth it!

Scott

P.S. Bonus points for anyone who protests Ralph for any reason....

McVaaahhh
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Sweet Scott.

I'm planning on being there so I'll be hollerin for ya. :applause:

Kitten
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Go Scott! You know I'll be there. Can't wait, wish I could join you on the track.

mtnairlover
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Damn you all to heck! I needs to get ma house in order for da move! How can I do that if y'all are gonna be teasing me wit da racin' and da mountain ridin' (flamed1 - Pat and Denise) and all dat shite!!! Sheesh...I'ma bout to combusticate over chere!

Decisions, decisions...

If'n I don't make it...I'll be cheerin' ya on from ma house, over all dem der boxes and shite that I'll be sho nuff fillin' up.

Ok, we now return you to a more subdued mtnairlover...:)

dirkterrell
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 12:43 PM
And I'll be out there trying to minimize the number of times Rybo and Ralph lap me in HW Endurance. :) We'll have the Eldorado Springs water and vitamin water in our pits.

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/PMP2009apr25/dirk_diego_pit.jpg

It's even approved by Sully

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/PMP2009apr25/sully.jpg

Dirk

dragos13
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Welcome back Scott!

Thats going to be some great saddle time running back to back endurance races. Trust me, you will be FAR from last!!!

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Aw Scott...I'll be up at work then, but I'll be cheering for you for sure!!!!

Tipys
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Ya for Scott!!!

and Sully approved water.

Sean
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I'll be out there on Saturday. But I already promised Team Pineapple that I would cheer for him. Betta watch out for the speedy asian. :shocked:

P.S. Bonus points for anyone who protests Ralph for any reason....Like a hate club? :dunno: Team Skinny is going down!!!!!!:turtle:...:turtle:...:turtle:

rforsythe
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 01:15 PM
If you're nice I might even show you pictures of my kids! (or if they are up to it they may even BE there!)

If mine's up to it he may be there too, though we're kinda hoping that doesn't happen quite like that. :shock:

Like a hate club? :dunno: Team Skinny is going down!!!!!!:turtle:...:turtle:...:turtle:

When you see the race, you'll understand. ;)

eklew
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I'll be out there on Saturday. But I already promised Team Pineapple that I would cheer for him. Betta watch out for the speedy asian. :shocked:

Thanks Dude!!!!:siesta:

rforsythe
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 01:32 PM
As for Elden, I will simply place a bowl of sesame chicken in an obvious place along the track (in a non-impact zone for safety, of course), and he will be too drawn to it to continue.

Kitten
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 01:34 PM
As for Elden, I will simply place a bowl of sesame chicken in an obvious place along the track (in a non-impact zone for safety, of course), and he will be too drawn to it to continue.

Now that's funny right there. Word has it he would like some rice noodles with that.

Sean
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 01:34 PM
so that way, he can pass you twice? :slappers:

UglyDogRacing
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 01:42 PM
good to see you coming back out Scott

eklew
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 02:19 PM

Yummy!!!! Nomnomnomnomnom:drool:

cromer611
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 08:32 PM
can I be your umbrella boy scott? I know you got jungle fever right about..... .... ... now!

64BonnieLass
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 08:47 PM
can I be your umbrella boy scott? I know you got jungle fever right about..... .... ... now!

Do you have a baby blue, short sleeved 69 shirt, that kinda shows...ya know.....stuffffff? Do you...do you...?????

I think not Cromer!!!! :)

rforsythe
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 09:41 PM
You gonna grid up in Endurance with the rest of us Terri? Remember we have a date for Saturday morning practice too.

64BonnieLass
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 10:16 PM
You gonna grid up in Endurance with the rest of us Terri? Remember we have a date for Saturday morning practice too.

Oh god, I forgot the date part for practice.

I can't do Endurance...no way...

I can do LOR, Sportsman and whatever Jen makes me do. THAT is what I can do.

Okay, I'll getter done minana.

rforsythe
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Fair enough, you're still doing Sat practice though. :)

dirkterrell
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I can't do Endurance...no way...

I thought so too last year and then Applehans convinced me to try it. It is now by far the race I enjoy the most. Why do you think you can't do it?

Dirk

hcr25
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I thought so too last year and then Applehans convinced me to try it. It is now by far the race I enjoy the most. Why do you think you can't do it?

Dirk

Oh sure blame me :)

I think endurance is by far the most fun for your $$$

You get saturday morning practice, endurance practice and the 30 minute race for $50.00. There is always someone to race with, pass or get passed by.

Mike

64BonnieLass
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 11:03 AM

Dirk

I think it is maybe too fast for me. Course, so is LOR these days. Holy moly, the fast women on that grid. Whoosh!! :)

rforsythe
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I think it is maybe too fast for me. Course, so is LOR these days. Holy moly, the fast women on that grid. Whoosh!! :)

Have you seen the size of HPR? Lots of room to spread out.

Definitely sign up for it, you will have fun. If you're getting too tired to finish just pull off early, no harm in that. But it's definitely the best bang for your buck race-wise, which is why a bunch of us are doing it. :)

dirkterrell
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 11:20 AM

Every chance I get. :D

No doubt. I like it because it gives me a chance to get into a rhythm and enjoy the tactical nature of racing. I can get behind someone, study them for a lap or two and not feel pressured that if I don't make the pass right now, it's all over. That, and the grids (at least in HW and Open) aren't insane. I get passed like crazy by the experts but it's always clean and I am able to learn a few things as they do. I don't have to worry about being run into (as has happened to me once this year in novice practice) by people whose eagerness isn't matched by their skills.

Dirk

dirkterrell
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 11:24 AM

You would run LW/MW endurance and I don't have any experience with how those go but the grids are noticeably larger than HW/Open. But in HW/Open I get passed by the very fastest guys out there and not once have I had any problem with that. If you ride a consistent line, those guys will go right by you without incident. And like Ralph says, if you get tired, just pull off.

Dirk

UglykidJoe
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 11:45 AM
So for a spectator is there seating, or would it be better to bring lawnchairs in the back of the pickup? Is there a cost to come watch this, do I need to bring my snackerals and beverages?

Dizzy D
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 03:52 PM
There are no grandstands to sit. At this track you can not see more than one turn as a spectator. You will have to walk to find a spot to watch. Yes bring a chair.

Keep in mind there is not even running water at the track, so yes bring your own water.

64BonnieLass
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Yes there are some stands to sit in over by the track exit - or there were. You can see turn 4 (kinda), 8 and the corkscrew.

Standing at the wall by the grid you can see front straight, back straight, T1, T8, and corkscrew.

Standing over by the track entry wall, you get an up close and personal view of T1 (yum), and you can see T2, T3.

500rgurl
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 09:58 PM

You get saturday morning practice, endurance practice and the 30 minute race for $50.00. There is always someone to race with, pass or get passed by.

Mike

Yea! Mike also convinced me to do MW endurance last year! Boy is it fun!

Valguard
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Sounds awesome! I love supporting people. Heck, I'll even drag my wife along and call it a date. Do you know how much it will cost to get in?

UglyDogRacing
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Sounds awesome! I love supporting people. Heck, I'll even drag my wife along and call it a date. Do you know how much it will cost to get in?

$10 but if you bring this its 2 for 1-

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn373/UglyDogRacing/MRA/MRAFlyer_2009_2For1-1.jpg

rforsythe
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 07:32 AM

My 2nd date with my wife was to the track... Guess it worked!

dragos13
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 07:35 AM
There are no grandstands to sit. At this track you can not see more than one turn as a spectator. You will have to walk to find a spot to watch. Yes bring a chair.

Keep in mind there is not even running water at the track, so yes bring your own water.

You can actually see turns 1-4 if you are standing on the east side of the paddock. Then on the west, where there are stands now, you can see turn 8 on the back side of the track, and also turns 13-15 (the corkscrew). :)

No running water however Mo is the track cook and he will have plenty of GREAT food and lots of drinks.

Bat
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Sweet!

We are coming out to support our Sheila :yay: and seeing you and that be-yoo-ti-ful Duc out there will be icing on the cake. Here's to a great day/weekend for all our racers. :up: