PDA

View Full Version : Molly -post surgery..Not for the squeamish

Pandora-11
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I can't stand it. They took out cancer the size of a softball.:(:cry::banghead:

64BonnieLass
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Karen. Just love her, kiss her, talk to her. Be thankful you have her. I think she looks pretty good really. She just needs to heal and get lots of catering and love, just like the rest of us would need after a surgery. Right?

She will be a sore puppy for more then a few days. Cater to her and love her.

What did they tell you in terms of expectancy? Happiness, pain?

I'm here for ya. I know the feeling all too well.

kalibra
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Glad she's over the hard part.Now a quick recovery!

mtnairlover
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Lots of lovin'

I don't have much else to say. I guess 'softball' kinda got to me.

Lots of love and a speedy recovery.

Pandora-11
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Lots of lovin'

I don't have much else to say. I guess 'softball' kinda got to me.

Lots of love and a speedy recovery.

Watch your dog carefully because all Molly had that you could see was a tiny little barely noticeable fatty lump the size of a dime. Totally hidden under hair.

mtnairlover
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Yeah...after reading some of the posts here about labs, I will. He's got some lab in him and I have no idea what's inherent in chows, cept for extreme loyalty...but then, that's all dogs, huh?

THE3BS
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Give that doggy all the love you possibly can.

Horsman
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Baxter says give her plenty of Milk Bones and Beggin Strips!!!

64BonnieLass
Wed Jul 15th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Here are the words that I live by in my life with both dogs and so many other things in life:

'Ten Commandments for a Responsible Pet Owner as Dictated by the Pet'

1. My life is likely to last only 10-15 Years. Any separation from you will be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your
friends, your entertainments but I have, only you.

5. Talk to me . Even if I don't understand all of your words I do understand your voice when speaking
to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the
bones in your hand and yet choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or un-cooperative ask yourself if something might be bothering
me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be
getting old, or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old . You too will grow old.

10. On the difficult journey, on the ultimate difficult journey, go with me...please . Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I Love you so.

Take a moment today to thank God for your companions. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, a less joyful thing without them.

Bueller
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 06:39 PM
I met Molly today and she is a sweatheart, hope she is with you for a long time to come ;)

Pandora-11
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks Bueller! They've given her a year to live. She's irreplaceable.

sugarrey
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 08:09 PM
Our shiba inu is just over a year old. We have spent over 2k on her in vet bills between lung cultures, kennel cough (6 months of it), dentistry bills and bee stings.....and would spend 2k more if need be.... Some animals are just part of the family unit. Hope you get to enjoy her for many years to come regardless of what the docs say.

Mental
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 08:42 PM
I know its heartbreaking for you, but I agree, she looks pretty good. Dog are rugged, you'll see.

mclarke
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 06:54 AM
There is no amount of money in the world that I would not spend on my Mack man....

Best of luck for a quick recovery for Molly!

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv296/MClarke81/Me/MattandMack2.jpg