PDA

View Full Version : Extra Stuff happening at the next MRA race!!

The GECCO
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Just in case you need any additional incentive to attend the MRA races on July 25/26, here are a few extra things that will be going on:

Saturday

- I will be giving rides in the Cobra to raise money for the club. $40 for two laps, $50 for three laps. All the money goes to the MRA. It now has Kuhmo slicks and racing compound Carbo-Tech brake pads, best lap so far is a 1:59 and change, so it makes for a fun ride. I'll do this at lunch and at the end of the day on Saturday.

- There will be a pot luck BBQ at the Vanmar pit area after the races on Saturday, everyone bring a side and something to throw on the grill!

Saturday Night

- The band "Iron Tear" will be performing on Saturday evening. They play anything from Barry Manilow to Lionel Richie, with a little Tom Jones thrown in for good measure :) OK, OK, they are actually a hard rock band, lots of 80's and 90's classics - Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Metallica, 3 Doors Down, etc. They played out here for the SCCA event a few weeks ago and we had a great time. I am paying for the band personally, this will not cost the MRA anything. If anyone wants to contribute, please send me an email.

- Johnny Burr and the The Walnut Room (http://www.thewalnutroom.com) has generously offered to donate a keg of beer for all of us at Saturday nights show. That's right - FREE BEER! BYOB once it's gone!

- If the weather cooperates we will also have a BONFIRE once the sun goes down!

Sunday

- We'll do a parade lap of the track at lunch on Sunday. $10 per vehicle (car or bike, bikes will be at the front of the line). It will be low speed, with pace and chase vehicles. Helmets will be required for all bikes/scooters/etc.

So, Saturday afternoon we race, then ride in the Cobra, then eat at Vanmar (please don't eat first, vomiting in the Cobra is very taboo), then listen to some kick-ass rock while drinking FREE BEER! I mean, really, what more could you want?!?!

SEE YOU THERE!!

Sticky 296
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Stop by the Team Grand Prix Motorsports pits for free lunch! We will be grilling up hotdogs and burgers and have a lot of delish drinks on hand!

P.S. any Team GPM racers reading this please give me a call. Thanks.:).

eklew
Thu Jul 16th, 2009, 04:17 PM
That is awesome to hear Glenn! Thanks.

dragos13
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 06:48 AM
WOW what a great weekend we have planned.

If you guys aren't doing anything next weekend try and stop by to watch some awesome racing. $10 for a full day of entertainment is hard to find these days. Plus FREE FOOD AND BEER!!!!

Sean
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Sticky, is this just for MRA racers, or can spectators stop by as well?

Stop by the Team Grand Prix Motorsports pits for free lunch! We will be grilling up hotdogs and burgers and have a lot of delish drinks on hand!

Sticky 296
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Everybody is welcome! Grand Prix is providing grub for all!:)

racedk6
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Everybody is welcome! Grand Prix is providing grub for all!:)

Grubbs is gonna be Grubbin! :siesta:

Sean
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Everybody is welcome! Grand Prix is providing grub for all!:)Sweet :rock: I'll see you guys on Saturday! Thanks!

Sticky 296
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 09:24 AM

We will be serving up on Sunday