PDA

View Full Version : you are a good rider

Devaclis
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Good enough to instruct others on how to ride safely. But that will never mean you can't die on a motorcycle.

Motorcyclist killed in Ebensburg
By SANDRA K. REABUCK
The Tribune-Democrat
EBENSBURG — A local man who reportedly was leaving on a trip to Tennessee was killed Wednesday morning when his motorcycle hit a Jeep Wrangler on Route 160 by the Ebensburg Mini-Mall in Cambria Township.

The victim was identified as 63-year-old Raymond A. Bremer, a retired schoolteacher who was operating a Honda motorcycle.

The cause of death was listed as trauma to the front of the head, Coroner Dennis Kwiatkowski said.

The coroner said that the victim, who was wearing a helmet, was pronounced dead at the scene.

“Mr. Bremer had just left his house and was on his way to Tennessee on a bike trip,” Kwiatkowski said. “He was headed south on Route 160 to meet some people.”

Township police said the accident happened as Alec Nedimyer, 20, of Summerhill, the driver of the Jeep, was attempting to make a left turn into the Mini-Mall plaza.

The motorcycle hit the side of Nedimyer’s vehicle, police said.

State police, including an accident reconstructionist, and Ebensburg police assisted the township police. The investigation is continuing.

Route 160 was closed for several hours Wednesday between the B&W Road (Industrial Park Road) and Mini-Mall Road because of

the investigation.

Bremer was retired from Central Cambria High School, where he taught business and computers. He was a member of the Greater Johns-

town Touring Club and served as a motorcycle safety instructor. He was a football referee for PIAA District 5.

He was a graduate of Bishop McCort High School and Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

Survivors include three children: Chad of Ebensburg; Jill Felicetti of Mars, Butler County; and Leigh Holland of Loretto; and three granddaughters.

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 01:02 PM
It would appear I was correct.

McVaaahhh
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Gotta watch those left turns. Those have to be one of the top killers. :down:

Devaclis
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 01:07 PM
It would appear I was correct.

Right some of the time does not mean right all of the time. There are no absolutes when it comes to these types of crashes.

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Agreed.

RIP rider.

dirkterrell
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Good enough to instruct others on how to ride safely. But that will never mean you can't die on a motorcycle.

Yep, all you can do is minimize the risk. You can't eliminate it. Life is the deadliest thing we know. I'm surprised it hasn't been banned yet.

Dirk

#1Townie
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Right some of the time does not mean right all of the time. There are no absolutes when it comes to these types of crashes.

isnt that the old saying i had a broken clock that was right twice a day or somthing??

anyways sad story for sure.. sounds like a good guy..

Wintermute
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 05:14 PM
RIP.

("was wearing a helmet" is pretty generic. Not all helmets are equal. He could have possibly been saved by a proper full-face if he was wearing a brain bucket or 3/4 and the "the front of head" injury was to his face. I say that knowing that I'm going to slip on my 3/4 for the ride home in an hour.)

#1Townie
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 05:56 PM
wtf???

are you real??

leave it alone..

Drift
Fri Jul 17th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Life is the deadliest thing we know. I'm surprised it hasn't been banned yet.

+1