PDA

View Full Version : 303 Cycle Yet Again...

vampie
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I went to them today with no prior warning, got 2 Pilot Powers installed and out the door in like 30 minutes (single sided swingarm). Their price and service is unbeatable. A+ job guys!

Oh, and those balancing beads really do work. 80 mph and smooth as glass.

konichd
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 02:02 PM
^No problem man, those dyna beads are the hizzy fo' shizzy! ;)

willb003
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Do those work well at slow speeds like 20 or 10 mph?

vampie
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Do those work well at slow speeds like 20 or 10 mph?

I don't think it really matters. If your tire is out of balance at those speeds then you've got bigger issues. :)

Cap'n Crunch
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I stopped by 303 cycle this afternoon and had them put on new Bridgestones on the R6. They had me out of there in 30 minutes and the price was awesome! I agree -303 rocks! Thanks guys!

noskills
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I don't think it really matters. If your tire is out of balance at those speeds then you've got bigger issues. :)

A co-worker pulled his weights from his cruiser and said just below 15 mph is where his bike started to shutter. He didn't make it a block before he turned around to put the beads in that he picked up from 303cycle.

konichd hooked me up as well on Friday with a 180 PP Rear and some beads. Thanks :up:

willb003
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah thats why I was wondering about slow speeds, if you were to take off the lead weights off and going slow so that the beads do not get spread out enough, guess I was just wonderirng what the slowest speed is that they start working at?

noskills
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Yeah thats why I was wondering about slow speeds, if you were to take off the lead weights off and going slow so that the beads do not get spread out enough, guess I was just wonderirng what the slowest speed is that they start working at?

Not my experience but my co worker has said very smooth at all speeds after beads applied. I will be testing on my bike tomorrow.

sugarrey
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Myself and liquidairotb stopped over there and got shit, something about being part of an "R1 gay parade party", then DK asked if all my fairings fell off on the ride over (because I am currently plastic-free) waiting for my new sharkskinz.

So if you like verbal-abuse, stop by 303! :) Ruthless I tell you!

Tipys
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Myself and liquidairotb stopped over there and got shit, something about being part of an "R1 gay parade party", then DK asked if all my fairings fell off on the ride over (because I am currently plastic-free) waiting for my new sharkskinz.

So if you like verbal-abuse, stop by 303! :) Ruthless I tell you!

HMMM he usually saves such kind words for Gixxer riders

konichd
Sun Jul 19th, 2009, 08:27 AM
No problem guys, we appreciate the business :)

As far as the beads check out innovativebalancing.com, essentially at @15MPH they start to separate out and begin to find thier balance point in the tire. This is how they always keep your tire in balance as they are constantly adjusting.

Black Phantom
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 02:08 PM
Hmmm i didn't even know they used beads till I read this post. Speedy feels great, maybe I'll bring the Rocket to them and see if that helps with the vibs I'm getting. You guys ready to install a car tire on a bike? :crazy:

Yousef

konichd
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 02:15 PM
WTF Yousef!?!?!?!?! ;)

I'll get busy on that car tire like JRP at a Playboy party!

Black Phantom
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 02:32 PM
Hope your machine can handle a 245 wide tire, it's gonna be fun watching you guys :scream1:

Sir Bacon Lube
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 02:39 PM
WTF Yousef!?!?!?!?! ;)

I'll get busy on that car tire like JRP at a Playboy party!

You had me at Playboy party... :hump:

dcbeggs
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I'm in the need of new tires, is 303 Cycle the recommeneded place to go?

Airreed
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 10:31 AM
303 cycle and TFOG have the best prices on tires and mounting! They are also both small business that support the sportbike community.

Tipys
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Hope your machine can handle a 245 wide tire, it's gonna be fun watching you guys :scream1:

245 isnt all that hard

sugarrey
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 11:11 AM
245 isnt all that hard

Were still talking about tires right?

Tipys
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Were still talking about tires right?

yes. What else would I be talking about.

dapper
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I went to them today with no prior warning, got 2 Pilot Powers installed and out the door in like 30 minutes (single sided swingarm). Their price and service is unbeatable. A+ job guys!

+1

Well done guys!
:)

jakeway
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 09:00 PM
Couldn't be happier with 303!!

Samson
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 01:20 AM
303 Rocks, Hooked my R6 up with some BT-016's and they had me in and out within 25 minutes like it was nothing!

konichd
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks for stopping in guys we appreciate it!

OUTLAWD
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 12:28 PM
303 FTMFW!

got some new shoes mounted on the brit and some new pads for the jap

...now if only you could move the shop an hour north of the current location...

konichd
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 12:38 PM
303 Cycle North....hmmmm.... :)

dcbeggs
Sat Aug 8th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Got my bike back from 303 this afternoon. Had a leaky front shock and they fixed both. Very easy to work with, very trusting guys. Great price with great work to go with it.

JonnyD
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Took my Hawk to 303 yesterday for some new Pilot Road 2's (at the recommendation here), awesome service! Definitely going back for future work.

konichd
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks guys, we appreciate the business for sure :)

luckydevil
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 03:37 PM
same story as above, stopped in with little warning (i did call to see that they had the right brand/size in stock) and 30 mins later the zx14 had new shoes Pilot Power CT2. fast, friendly, inexpensive.
and the beads work like magic.

RUMotarded
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:52 AM
303 hooked me up with a great deal on a set of Power 2CT's, rode in and out in under an hour without an appointment

honda919
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Ya I could dig it farther up north... Thanks for great deal on my pilot power 2cts for the gix they are great... So maybe we can talk you guys into a 970 cycles for up north? Haha

hcr25
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Hey guys, When having 303 Cycle put new tires on your bike be sure to ask them about brakes aswell. They are now carrying Ferodo Brakes and tire change time is the perfect time to look at your brakes. Sometimes we forget about brakes untill they dont work :)
Mike

konichd
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Look for special deals on Ferodo front brake sets on our website as well ;)

Wyck
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 10:02 AM
OK OK I WILL BRING MY BIKE IN!!!!! But I don't think I can afford brakes right now so probably just an oil change.

Monica
Wed Aug 19th, 2009, 02:57 PM
As much as I hate to see my post count increase, I am willing to do so to support 303cycles. I recently wanted to surprise Marc with a few new toys for Baby. David not only had to order parts for me, he also had to figure out what parts to order. I was no help whatsoever - I just gave him vague clues like 'tires' and 'sprockets' and he patiently walked me through all my options. (and then steered me gently towards the correct option when going up 14 teeth on the rear sprocket seemed like a good idea to me)

He even let me hang out in his shop while he changed the tires and he answered all my questions - without rolling his eyes or shaking his head at my ignorance at all things mechanical.

So - if there is anyone out there that doesn't know what 'balancing a tire' means - or gets confused when people refer to a tire and a wheel as though they are two separate pieces - or falls asleep when people discuss the difference between aftermarket levers - I highly recommend 303cycles.

ghostrider_9
Wed Aug 19th, 2009, 03:18 PM
As much as I hate to see my post count increase, I am willing to do so to support 303cycles. I recently wanted to surprise Marc with a few new toys for Baby. David not only had to order parts for me, he also had to figure out what parts to order. I was no help whatsoever - I just gave him vague clues like 'tires' and 'sprockets' and he patiently walked me through all my options. (and then steered me gently towards the correct option when going up 14 teeth on the rear sprocket seemed like a good idea to me)

He even let me hang out in his shop while he changed the tires and he answered all my questions - without rolling his eyes or shaking his head at my ignorance at all things mechanical.

So - if there is anyone out there that doesn't know what 'balancing a tire' means - or gets confused when people refer to a tire and a wheel as though they are two separate pieces - or falls asleep when people discuss the difference between aftermarket levers - I highly recommend 303cycles.

Much thanks to 303 Cycles for helping her out.

Did I mention that my gf rocks?

konichd
Wed Aug 19th, 2009, 09:45 PM
^^^Thanks again for the support and enjoy the new trinkets! ;)

Pharmgirl
Wed Aug 19th, 2009, 10:21 PM
without rolling his eyes or shaking his head at my ignorance[/B] at all things mechanical.

I do not believe this for 1 second. David cannot contain his sarcasm and/or eye-rolling.