PDA

View Full Version : Apex - July 18th (mixed review)

modette99
Sat Jul 18th, 2009, 01:16 PM
In the end I had a :) about the deal, however management still sucks there.

As some might know my FZ1 is for sale, well I hate to sell anything that might have a safety issue so I went and bought a new rear brake pads from Apex. Pretty busy down at Apex today, I guess they had some sale going on.

I wait in line at the parts counter and when my number is called I go up tell them the year, make, and model of motorcycle and I needed the rear brake pads. Guy says that will be $30 for the Organic and I'm like that is fine I will not be picky as I'm selling the bike. I pay and go home.

I dick around int he morning and then decide what the hell I'll put the pads on just to get it over with. Hell I noticed something not right very quick when I saw my pads have two pins and the one they gave me has a hole for one. So I take the old pads and head out to Apex, I'm pretty pissed off and it is not like they are right around the corner from Monument...so I battle traffic and head back downtown.

I get there and wait in line again. This time it is a girl that helps me. I tell her simple I need the right pads and hand the ones they sold me back to her. She looks it up and says yeah that looks nothing like them, I say I know as I pull out the old ones I took along. Then she says well we do not have the EBC Organic or the Double HH in stock. She then looks up the Yamaha one and says we do have that in stock but they are like $42.99. She says, well I will give you 10% off, and I'm like you do know I drove back down here from Monument. She seems sorry and apologetic she then says well let me put in 15%, but then she says well I will have to ask the manager. She runs off and says the manager said no, I then said but I did come from Monument and it is your mistake not mine. She says; "What the hell I'll give you the 15% anyways". And that is what she did. I was happy, but when I think of it the manager should of said, "okay do the 15%".

As I have said many times I am no fan of Apex, one reason why I bought the No-Mar. One reason why my bro-inlaw took his triumph to Erico once.

So thumbs up for a parts counter gal that knows how to make a customer happy. However on the same token thumbs down to Apex management that does not care if the customer ever returns. I'm sure those parts are marked up 30-40% so not like they were going to loose money. And when you think about it the 15% probably paid my gas and 64 miles to go and come back twice, but still far short from time wasted.