PDA

View Full Version : Need dishwasher help!

sugarrey
Sun Jul 19th, 2009, 06:44 PM
I have a frigidaire newer style (not under warranty) that is not draining poroperly. Had the landlord fix it guy come and he said the he thought it needed a new motor, then he told me the motor was fine and that it possibly needed some new o-rings because he couldnt get it to seal so I dunno.

I know that it leaks now onto the floor, and when the cycle is complete it has dirty ass water in the bottom (not draining). Anyone have experience and the time? I have cash.

Im near colfax and 25.

Wasnt sure where to put this, so if you need to move it.....move it :)

sugarrey
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks Rhino for the help !!!

Rhino
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 07:11 PM
:up: I do what I can.

fullgrownbear
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Mine has standing water in the bottom..

Any info rhino?

sugarrey
Tue Jul 21st, 2009, 12:48 AM
Its crazy....I have gotten 4 pm's and now FGB your the 5th who has the same issue..B4 Rhino gets back up to post I can tell you that my issue was a plugged drain hose. About 7" of ranch sunflower seed residue had the hose plugged up. I cleared that and it was clear sailing. Also had to replace an o-ring because the handyman that came out to fix it (who failed miserably) chewed that up all to hell and it was leaking all over the floor!

Jeff

Rhino
Tue Jul 21st, 2009, 06:10 AM
Mine has standing water in the bottom..

Any info rhino?

Is it draining at all? Or drains, but leaves some water?

How old is the unit?

Basic troubleshooting:

Is the drain line kinked?

Any blockage, like say....sunflower seeds?

Is the filter at the bottom clear? Food, plastic, paper,etc.

Some units drain on a timer, some on a float. Try turning the dial to do a 2nd drain cycle and see if that helps. If there is a float, check to see that it's not sticking.

Does it drain into it's own drain line or into the garbage disposal? If the disposal, check to see if that tube is blocked.