PDA

View Full Version : 12 months prison for speeding

drago52
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 08:19 AM
This isn't in the USA, but it is a pretty interesting story. Guy gets caught by a Police Hayabusa rider (with mounted video camera).

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2009/July/jul2009-12-months-jail-for-speeding-biker/

McVaaahhh
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 09:26 AM
1 year in jail seems a bit excessive to me, but sounds like the guy was a douche to the officer and overall just an ass-hat.

rforsythe
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:52 AM
1 year for speeding, no matter how fast, is ridiculous. Bikers get killed, driver gets probation. Biker speeds without hurting anyone yet, gets a year. Huh?!

I also like how there was no mention of how fast that cop on the Busa had to be going to CATCH UP TO this other rider going as fast as the cop claims. The guy on the R6 was bad enough, but I don't care how much "training" you have to ride at high speed, that is a lot more risk to the folks they're out there "protecting". Soccer Mom Suzy in her minivan is not expecting the R6 at "100-117mph" (cop's quote), let alone the Busa at the speeds he'd have had to be going to catch up.

Not sure how it works in the UK, but out here it isn't illegal to be a dick to the cop either. Attitude aside, you should not be made an example of simply because you are a prick.