PDA

View Full Version : Lifes a bitch.. then you die..

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Man.. it seems like everytime you get a foot hold on life, it kicks you square in the ass and you fall 10ft back. I was laid off two weeks ago and there is NOTHING locally in Construction/ Project Management. I have huge accolaids and those don't help me for shit. Now.. I'm looking at loseing my house or going into bankruptcy. Kewl part is.. my mortgage company won't help me until I'm 4 months delinquent and rolling into foreclosure. I was responsible with my spending to the point that if I pinched my pennies (when employed) everymonth I could save $500.00. I chose to enjoy life and had some unforeseen expenses gobble up most of my savings.
SO.. do to a screwed up economy and irresponsibility of others, I'm suffering. Why the hell am I paying for the stupidity of others?! F-U if your one of those who lived well over their means. Because of you.. I'm looking to lose my house. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Shea
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Sorry man. All the luck in the world to you.

Wyck
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I chose to enjoy life and had some unforeseen expenses gobble up most of my savings.
SO.. do to a screwed up economy and irresponsibility of others, I'm suffering. Why the hell am I paying for the stupidity of others?! F-U if your one of those who lived well over their means. Because of you.. I'm looking to lose my house. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

How is you choosing to enjoy life mine or anyone else's problem?

Shea
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 09:56 AM

Ask Bush, Obama, Frank, Paulson, Bernake, Geithner, Graham, the entire Senate, House of Representatives, et al. My life is now your responsibility, regardless of the choices I make...awesome time to be alive :(

Wintermute
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 09:56 AM
That sucks Boyd. Hang in there man. You never know when something will pop up.

~Barn~
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Don't listen to Shea, Boyd.... He's a bitter, bitter dude, and save for a cursory g'luck!, he's not the type to help you try and find a solution, only do his part to compound and contribute to blame.

Regardless, I do wish you the best, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything in your line of work. Also, (I don't know if she regularly checks the board), but you can PM or shoot a board-genereated-email to a member who goes by "Lucky". She has some work history with this exact field, and she may have some leads or contacts for you, back here in CO. She lives/works out of state now, but hopefully she can turn you on to something. Hope that helps.

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:01 AM

I still saved.. every month. Even if only $50.00. When I say enjoy life.. I mean: Date, spend time and money ON friends and family, RIDING, etc. The unforeseen expenses are what killed my savings: Medical, Auto, Flooded house due to old hot water heater. SO in your response.. does that mean you live financially irrisponsible or are you being defensive just for the sake of it?

TurboGizzmo
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Man.. it seems like everytime you get a foot hold on life, it kicks you square in the ass and you fall 10ft back. I was laid off two weeks ago and there is NOTHING locally in Construction/ Project Management. I have huge accolaids and those don't help me for shit. Now.. I'm looking at loseing my house or going into bankruptcy. Kewl part is.. my mortgage company won't help me until I'm 4 months delinquent and rolling into foreclosure. I was responsible with my spending to the point that if I pinched my pennies (when employed) everymonth I could save $500.00. I chose to enjoy life and had some unforeseen expenses gobble up most of my savings.

I had this happen back at Christmas when i had a 20% paycut and no christmas bonus......I knew bad things where coming but they wouldnt help till i fell behind.....I let it slide a month and got a manager and explained I was trying to be proactive and if they prefer to have the house back they could....finally they helped....keep pushing and sorry for your luck :(

Devaclis
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Go to www.pbsj.com (http://www.pbsj.com) and look in the career section. We have a LOT of construction related positions all over the country and in Dubai.

I would also check with CDOT, FDOT and all of the other DOT offices around the country.

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Sorry man. All the luck in the world to you.

Thanks man.. I'm afraid I need more than luck to save my 745 credit score. :( I can tell ya something.. if I lose my house.. I'm not going to buy again until ALL of my school loans and vehicle payments are gone. That way.. I'm saving a thousand dollars or better a month. I can't believe the effects the stupid in society have on those who responsible/intellegent. Let this economy be an eye opener for those of you who believe that you can distance yourself from the stupid idiots in society. It doesnt work that way..

Wyck
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:07 AM
I still saved.. every month. Even if only $50.00. When I say enjoy life.. I mean: Date, spend time and money ON friends and family, RIDING, etc. The unforeseen expenses are what killed my savings: Medical, Auto, Flooded house due to old hot water heater. SO in your response.. does that mean you live financially irrisponsible or are you being defensive just for the sake of it?

A little bit of both. But if I lost my job and couldn't afford my rent and unforseen events gobbled up my savings I wouldn't be here blaming anyone but myself. It sucks but it's life and you have the option to make the best of it. I'm not going to throw you a pity party when you are playing the blame game.

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks Barn.. I will definetly PM Mrs Lucky. Leads and networking are where I'm at right now. I just had two General Contractor firms (my strongest leads) call this morning and say.. um sorry.. Not hiring. That makes about 8 companies of the major 10 or so here in town that have said no. Any leads anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dana.. going to that link right now. Hell.. I'm even considering working in Iraq for a 6 month to year jaunt. Anything to survive. At least unemployment will pay all of my other bills outside of my mortgage.

Shea
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Thanks man.. I'm afraid I need more than luck to save my 745 credit score. :( I can tell ya something.. if I lose my house.. I'm not going to buy again until ALL of my school loans and vehicle payments are gone. That way.. I'm saving a thousand dollars or better a month. I can't believe the effects the stupid in society have on those who responsible/intellegent. Let this economy be an eye opener for those of you who believe that you can distance yourself from the stupid idiots in society. It doesnt work that way..

I'll keep an eye out man...and not to get your hopes up...I might have something in that field coming up. It's a big if, but you'll be my first call if it firms up. :)

McVaaahhh
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Tough times out there for a lot of folks: Good Luck Boyd. :cheers:

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:17 AM
A little bit of both. But if I lost my job and couldn't afford my rent and unforseen events gobbled up my savings I wouldn't be here blaming anyone but myself. It sucks but it's life and you have the option to make the best of it. I'm not going to throw you a pity party when you are playing the blame game.

Not looking for a pity party.. I was ranting.. Last I checked.. that was okay. BTW.. you say rent.. I say mortgage. Big difference. And actually.. there are the decisions of a lot of other people that effect even your life in ways you don't know that they are affecting it. Broke banks, media, investors, oil companies (to name a few) have all had a huge part in this economic shit house we're all in. Developers aren't able to get financing = fewer projects for BID = Less capital of General Contractors = Need to eliminate over head = 39 people in my business unit alone getting laid off when a giant axe fell two mondays ago.

I hope that when your ranting and networking when life hits you head on, people are sympathetic, not defensive to a general statement of dissappointment.

~Barn~
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:17 AM
<snip...> Let this economy be an eye opener for those of you who believe that you can distance yourself from the stupid idiots in society. It doesnt work that way..

I have to say I disagree. I'm not trying to discount what you're feeling and experiencing, but I've never more firmly felt as "in control" of things, as I do now.

Granted, any type of emergency or disaster can change things in a heartbeat, but I like to think I'm reasonably prepared for something that might come up. And if it does, (read: if I were to lose my job), I wouldn't harbor any blame toward any group or person. I would just simply do my best, and recover like always.

Come to think of it, if something like that were to happen, I would probably be the "stupid idiot" who caused it; thus further embedding that belief of exactly how much influence I have over the situation. So yeah... with all deference, I disagree.

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I'll keep an eye out man...and not to get your hopes up...I might have something in that field coming up. It's a big if, but you'll be my first call if it firms up. :)

Shea.. you might be my hero! If things pan out for you and yours, and I get placement.. I owe you drinks.. majorly! Not that my hopes are up.. but.. anything that keeps a little hope around is better than not. PM me with your email and I'll send a resume just for grins.

Shea
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Shea.. you might be my hero! If things pan out for you and yours, and I get placement.. I owe you drinks.. majorly! Not that my hopes are up.. but.. anything that keeps a little hope around is better than not. PM me with your email and I'll send a resume just for grins.

Sent :)

Wyck
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Not looking for a pity party.. I was ranting.. Last I checked.. that was okay. BTW.. you say rent.. I say mortgage. Big difference. And actually.. there are the decisions of a lot of other people that effect even your life in ways you don't know that they are affecting it. Broke banks, media, investors, oil companies (to name a few) have all had a huge part in this economic shit house we're all in. Developers aren't able to get financing = fewer projects for BID = Less capital of General Contractors = Need to eliminate over head = 39 people in my business unit alone getting laid off when a giant axe fell two mondays ago.

I hope that when your ranting and networking when life hits you head on, people are sympathetic, not defensive to a general statement of dissappointment.

Rant away just remember this is a public forum and people express their opinions. You expressed yours I responded with mine. That aside this is nothing against you personally because I think you're a cool guy and I'm sorry that you're in the position that you're in. Unfortunately there are a lot of people on these forums in your situation but for the most part they are just saying hey life sucks right now so if you know of any work I'm ready and willing and need it, not bitching and ranting. Yeah the economy is shit now but its nothing compared to what most of our grandparents went through in the great depression. You will get through this and you will not have to experience what they did. Be thankful for that.

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I can respect your stance Barn. I've just had way too much exposure to people who do goofy things that have screwed me one way or the next. I'll survive. I have no doubt of coming out of the other end of this and moving on. I'm just tired of what I see and know there are a lot of people in my shoes, who are suffering in the same way. Makes me wish I'd have punished my cheating ex-fiance 3 years ago by taking half of the house we bought together, instead of walking away, distancing myself and being the bigger, better person. That is where I was a stupid idiot.

~Barn~
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I can respect your stance Barn. I've just had way too much exposure to people who do goofy things that have screwed me one way or the next. I'll survive. I have no doubt of coming out of the other end of this and moving on. I'm just tired of what I see and know there are a lot of people in my shoes, who are suffering in the same way. Makes me wish I'd have punished my cheating ex-fiance 3 years ago by taking half of the house we bought together, instead of walking away, distancing myself and being the bigger, better person. That is where I was a stupid idiot.

Things will turn around man, don't get too down. People who can ever achieve to get themselves where they want to be in the first place, are exactly the same ones that I would bank on, to have a brilliant redemption.

Pandora-11
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:44 AM
:argue: wow...ya'll are on fire today.

bulldog
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:46 AM
How is you choosing to enjoy life mine or anyone else's problem? Wow, way to kick someone while they are down Wyck :( The guy got laid off......

Keep your head up man and hopefully something will come up for you man. You seem like you are at least on top of it and not waiting till the last minute when they are about to take your house. If I hear of anything in construction I will let you know. I know a few people on the board had this happen and they offered their services for pretty much anything they could do (construction, painting, yardwork, mechanics, etc). Maybe make a post and see if you can get some side work to hold you off till you find a stable job.

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Rant away just remember this is a public forum and people express their opinions. You expressed yours I responded with mine. That aside this is nothing against you personally because I think you're a cool guy and I'm sorry that you're in the position that you're in. Unfortunately there are a lot of people on these forums in your situation but for the most part they are just saying hey life sucks right now so if you know of any work I'm ready and willing and need it, not bitching and ranting. Yeah the economy is shit now but its nothing compared to what most of our grandparents went through in the great depression. You will get through this and you will not have to experience what they did. Be thankful for that.

True.. true.. and I think your pretty chill as well. I'm just in a mood, my apologies. Agreed.. nothing compares to the dust bowl and the great depression and for that I'm thankful. I take a lot of pride in my successes, achievements and the strength to make the right decisions. So when I've made sound decisions (98% of the time) and others haven't.. it irks me.

Pandora-11
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:49 AM
What all do you do Boyd? I know the guys who run Classic, Pulte, and Palace homes here in the Springs.

Devaclis
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:50 AM
meeeee-ow

Keyser Soze
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Don't listen to Shea, Boyd.... He's a bitter, bitter dude, and save for a cursory g'luck!, he's not the type to help you try and find a solution, only do his part to compound and contribute to blame.

Regardless, I do wish you the best, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything in your line of work. Also, (I don't know if she regularly checks the board), but you can PM or shoot a board-genereated-email to a member who goes by "Lucky". She has some work history with this exact field, and she may have some leads or contacts for you, back here in CO. She lives/works out of state now, but hopefully she can turn you on to something. Hope that helps.

We've been looking for a while, Barn, and cant find anything back home. That's why we're here in beautiful Wisconsin :lol: As a matter of fact, my step dad was a project manager and has been laid off for the last 6 mos. in CO. Good luck to ya Boyd.

Wyck
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Wow, way to kick someone while they are down Wyck :( The guy got laid off......

I'm not kicking him while he's down. His negative attitude is doing it to himself. Tell you what I'll pay for a session with my therapist for him.

Jason if you want it let me know cause I don't have any contacts in construction for you and I can't pay your mortgage.

~Barn~
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks for replyin' to the man, Rob. :up:

You two need to get back over here, one of these day. I'm pleased to hear you're looking!

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:55 AM
I didn't read everything here, but I'm definitely playing the blame game. I had a very successful business for ten years designing custom homes. In a two week period all my clients called and put their projects on hold. The second week was all the same people calling to cancel their projects. Almost all of them said they were gonna ride this economy out and wait for things to turn around. So they're sitting on their multi-million dollar bank accounts and I haven't had a gig in a year.

If things were still going the way they were a year ago, I would be one year away from being debt free. We threw all our money at the house and bills. Double and triple payments on everything. Now, I'm surviving on credit cards and by paying the minimum on everything. I can totally afford my life if you don't take away my clients (i.e. screw the economy up so bad that rich people don't want to spend money).

Almost all the other architects I worked with are out of business. Same for the builders. They went from building six million dollar homes to out of business in a month.

So now what? Get a job? There aren't any...

~Barn~
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I didn't read everything here, but I'm definitely playing the blame game. I had a very successful business for ten years designing custom homes. In a two week period all my clients called and put their projects on hold. The second week was all the same people calling to cancel their projects. Almost all of them said they were gonna ride this economy out and wait for things to turn around. So they're sitting on their multi-million dollar bank accounts and I haven't had a gig in a year.

If things were still going the way they were a year ago, I would be one year away from being debt free. We threw all our money at the house and bills. Double and triple payments on everything. Now, I'm surviving on credit cards and by paying the minimum on everything. I can totally afford my life if you don't take away my clients (i.e. screw the economy up so bad that rich people don't want to spend money).

Almost all the other architects I worked with are out of business. Same for the builders. They went from building six million dollar homes to out of business in a month.

I hear ya Dean-O.... And from talking to you personally, I know what a bitch it's been. I'm just glad you have Kim there with you, and that you are a man of varied talents. Just remember man, things can always get worse. Just like with Boyd though, I'm pullin' for you guys!

Keyser Soze
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks for replyin' to the man, Rob. :up:

You two need to get back over here, one of these day. I'm pleased to hear you're looking!

Always lookin! Right now nothin is popping up anywhere near home. Overseas...thats another story.

64BonnieLass
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:03 AM
www.indeed.com (http://www.indeed.com)

I just typed in construction project manager in Denver, CO

Quite a few listings came up. Yes, the market is flooded right now, but you have to try.

Take a peek Boyd and see if something will work for you.

I'm sure sorry to hear the news. Keep your chin up. :)

Raptor
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:10 AM
True.. true.. and I think your pretty chill as well. I'm just in a mood, my apologies. Agreed.. nothing compares to the dust bowl and the great depression and for that I'm thankful. I take a lot of pride in my successes, achievements and the strength to make the right decisions. So when I've made sound decisions (98% of the time) and others haven't.. it irks me.

It's pretty amazing you hung in there this long, being a construction position. That probably says good things of your worth in what you do.
I think construction was one of the first industries to take the hit. I managed several depts. at a construction supply company for 5 years. When things started getting bad, I took a 15% salary cut, then a few months later, another 10%. These cuts were company wide. They also cut their contribution toward my insurance from 90% to 50%. After riding this out for about a year, my mortgage was suffering bad! I wound up having to give up my townhome to a short-sale, just to avoid foreclosure. Now I'm renting in Centennial.
I saved, had awesome credit, all that good stuff. I was prepared for emergencies, such as being able to buy a water heater and new ac unit on the spot when the old ones failed. Apparently I wasn't prepared enough for the shit storm we're weathering now though.

Everyone has their way of dealing with it I guess. Honestly, I've mulled over the blame list and it's long my friend. Damn, freakin long! Regardless, it has been much easier on me, and especially my family, to take things I can only do my best to change in stride. I don't want to add a breakdown or coronary to my list of issues, know what I mean?

As far as work in construction or site management, best of luck! This town is about as dead as dead gets for that. Who is building right now? There is such a back-stock of homes on the CO market right now that it's really hard to see anyone going full-project-ahead anytime real soon.
I hear Texas has a much better market right now. My buddy who worked for the same company I did (they shut down completely earlier this year) just moved down to Spring and got a management job within his first week. Still, with your mortgage, it would be tough to just jump up and leave.

Keep your chin up man. I know that in the face of what seems like utter disaster, that's not easy. It will definitely make things easier in the long run though. Best wishes and hang in there.

TurboGizzmo
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:19 AM
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything"

Isnt there bail out helping government programs thingys now for home owners?

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I'm not kicking him while he's down. His negative attitude is doing it to himself. Tell you what I'll pay for a session with my therapist for him.

Jason if you want it let me know cause I don't have any contacts in construction for you and I can't pay your mortgage.

Wow.. intense.. thanks for the support and contradiction from everyone.

Lol.. Wyck I don't need a therapist. Unemployment is about its ups and downs, kinda like breaking up in a relationship. I'm not all negative, but so far in the course of 2.5 hours, I've had an additional 4 calls back from people saying No. Generally, I'm positive but its hard when you hear a bunch of negatives. Thanks for the offer about the therapist though. Lolz

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:28 AM
What all do you do Boyd? I know the guys who run Classic, Pulte, and Palace homes here in the Springs.

I'm an architect by educational creed. I know a lot of/about modeling programs and 2D drafting. I've built basswood models and 3d models. I started in construction as a laborer when I was 13 in residential and have moved into commercial construction and performed: cost management, scheduling, submittals, QC/QA, BIM model management and development, MEP/FP coordination, Layout (for foundation work), asbuilting, Quantity control, ASI's, RFI's, Invoice payouts, amongst many other talents and skills. I've provided trainings on exterior skin Quality control measures to in-company project teams as well as external customers (owners and architects). I've set up trainings and developed best pracitices for BIM (building information modeling). I pick things up extremely quickly.

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Wow, way to kick someone while they are down Wyck :( The guy got laid off......

Keep your head up man and hopefully something will come up for you man. You seem like you are at least on top of it and not waiting till the last minute when they are about to take your house. If I hear of anything in construction I will let you know. I know a few people on the board had this happen and they offered their services for pretty much anything they could do (construction, painting, yardwork, mechanics, etc). Maybe make a post and see if you can get some side work to hold you off till you find a stable job.

Yea.. trying to stay on top of it.. Anybody know the success rate of male prostitutes (female clients only.) on colfax? Lolz. Jokes. I wouldn't mind a little side work.

Pandora-11
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Pm being sent.

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:32 AM

+1... this is exactly where I'm coming from.

Mental
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Totally talking out of my ass here, but

As a site manager and that construction resume you listed, how far are you from a Project Management Professional certification?

http://www.pmi.org/careerdevelopment/pages/certification-and-the-job-market.aspx

My buddy was in comm and went this route. But they did a lot of work with construction, one local memeber built a damm in China. Its a new cert but it does have global implications.

Now not so much talking out of my ass, but there is money out there for a full time student, especially if you're retrurning to school. It takes a little while, and even then, you eat a lot of ramen noodles, but it beats the hell out of the alternative.

Just a thought, best of luck to you.

Skinbabe
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Boyd... do you have any opposition to going out of state for work? I might know a guy that can get you a job with some oil rough necks. Its hard work, long days but really good money. PM me if you want.

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:39 AM
It's pretty amazing you hung in there this long, being a construction position. That probably says good things of your worth in what you do. I think construction was one of the first industries to take the hit. <snip>

<snip> Regardless, it has been much easier on me, and especially my family, to take things I can only do my best to change in stride. I don't want to add a breakdown or coronary to my list of issues, know what I mean? <snip>

<snip> Keep your chin up man. I know that in the face of what seems like utter disaster, that's not easy. It will definitely make things easier in the long run though. Best wishes and hang in there.

Thanks.. My ability to hang in this long gave me a lot of false hope that picking something up quickly would be easy. That's my fault. It is hard to keep a positive outlook when utter dissaster is at my door.. but after a camping trip this weekend.. I'm beginning to "accept" my future, sucking up my pride (close to 30 years old and probably going to move back in with Mommy.. Lolz) and doing my best to make the changes and steps I can.

Pandora-11
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Everyone has been hit close to home. Stay tough and positive. Tomorrow ALWAYS looks different.

Skinbabe
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I'm beginning to "accept" my future, sucking up my pride (close to 30 years old and probably going to move back in with Mommy.. Lolz) and doing my best to make the changes and steps I can.
Keep you head high. Do what you have to do to take care of you...no shame in that! you'll find something and things will work out in the long run!!

Shea
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks.. My ability to hang in this long gave me a lot of false hope that picking something up quickly would be easy. That's my fault. It is hard to keep a positive outlook when utter dissaster is at my door.. but after a camping trip this weekend.. I'm beginning to "accept" my future, sucking up my pride (close to 30 years old and probably going to move back in with Mommy.. Lolz) and doing my best to make the changes and steps I can.

Just remember man, it's just a house. We like to wrap up our identity in material things but if you lose it, the sun will still rise, you will still be the capable you and life will go on. I know from personal experience. Adversity is just an opportunity for personal growth. :)

But I think you'll pull through. Something is right there...

Filo
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Sorry to hear about the unemployment there Boyd. If I hear of any building related jobs, I'll let you know. They are doing a ton of work up at CSU right now, maybe they need help.

Oh, and Shea and Barn. I respectfully submit this is not the right thread to bash each other. I made you a new one here:http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33750

Spiderman
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Barn / Shea

Take it to PM if you feel you must continue.

Wyck
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Wow.. intense.. thanks for the support and contradiction from everyone.

Lol.. Wyck I don't need a therapist. Unemployment is about its ups and downs, kinda like breaking up in a relationship. I'm not all negative, but so far in the course of 2.5 hours, I've had an additional 4 calls back from people saying No. Generally, I'm positive but its hard when you hear a bunch of negatives. Thanks for the offer about the therapist though. Lolz

Haha I know but it was all I could think of to offer. Maybe a better offer would have been to buy you a beer sometime :cheers:

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Boyd... do you have any opposition to going out of state for work? I might know a guy that can get you a job with some oil rough necks. Its hard work, long days but really good money. PM me if you want.

I'm willing to try anything once. I'd be interested in hearing what all this entails.

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Haha I know but it was all I could think of to offer. Maybe a better offer would have been to buy you a beer sometime :cheers:

Lolz.. I might hit ya up on that sometime! Thanks for the offer!

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Just remember man, it's just a house. We like to wrap up our identity in material things but if you lose it, the sun will still rise, you will still be the capable you and life will go on. I know from personal experience. Adversity is just an opportunity for personal growth. :)

But I think you'll pull through. Something is right there...

Keep you head high. Do what you have to do to take care of you...no shame in that! you'll find something and things will work out in the long run!!

It's amazing how easy it is to get your identity wrapped up in silly things like possessions and credit histories and etc. If I lose my house, I won't go back to another mortgage until I get school loans, auto payments and the little bit of credit card debt I have payed off. And in another 10 years (after economic recovery from this monster) when the next downturn comes, I'm going to make sure I'm ready and this doesn't happen again. Until then, I have Fight Club waiting for me on my DVR. That should envoke the right kind of spirit for the circumstances.

Shea
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Until then, I have Fight Club waiting for me on my DVR. That should envoke the right kind of spirit for the circumstances.

Yeah seriously that movie is amazing. Watch the limo scene a couple times, that'll get your mind right :)

Wintermute
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 12:23 PM
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything"

Isnt there bail out helping government programs thingys now for home owners?

There should be, but every time it's been killed by unified Republicans with help from a few "moderate" Dem assholes.

There is no clearer example of how bought-and-sold our gov't is to corporations than the fact that we've spent trillions on bailing them out but can't get a single thing passed to help individual homeowners. Especially since kicking people out means that the houses will crumble with no maintenance, the neighborhood will go downhill screwing the other homeowners, etc, etc.

mtnairlover
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I hate this economy. I hate...no wait...I loathe my ex for the p.o.s. that he is. This is gonna be a "I'm right here with ya on the whole economy sucking front, etc." type of post.

Last year, my previous job didn't know whether my program would stay alive, especially with the community not voting for a levy or bond in so many years. I worked in a school district at a voced school. So, my boss took my program away and proceeded to tell me that I was lucky I had tenure...basically, he couldn't fire me. So, at the beginning of the 08/09 school year, with no program to run, I got fun jobs like babysitting in the teen-parenting nursery, and monitoring a computer lab (babysitting high school kids). I couldn't take it anymore. I needed to feel my worth and so I bit the bullet and found work outside of school. I found my (almost) dream job working at an online college, which is what I did my Masters degree in. It's a perfect job for me. But, because I left public education, I had to move my PERA. And because my ex had not been paying child support and I could not live month to month (3 kids at home) without it...I had to take my PERA in cash instead of roll it into another retirement account. I paid off credit cards and paid off my bike...I love that feeling, don't get me wrong.

What's the downside? I have no retirement (SS from the time I was 16 until 30 years of age). I'm 45 now and will have to put away for retirement and there's no way I will be able to retire when I want to...I'll be working well into my 70's.

That's one of the reasons for my buying a house. I am using what's left of the retirement to hopefully invest in something that will give me some sort of return later on...crossing fingers.

What's sad about the house buying? I don't make enough to buy something that is in a nice neighborhood and is in move-in condition...and I won't have enough left over to fix up before moving in.

So, yeah...this economy sucks ass. You work your ass off...do the best you can for yourself and your future and right when you think you've got it figured out...BAM!!! Something shitty happens.

But, there's always tomorrow...

Horsman
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Hang in there. We all have options/decisions to make. One door closes another opens - hell, you might find a better job than the one you had. keep your chin up, things do get better. I'll keep my ears open for you... let you know if I hear of anything. Just remember: they can take your money but they can't take you!

Horsman
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Haha I know but it was all I could think of to offer. Maybe a better offer would have been to buy you a beer sometime :cheers: Can you buy me a Beer sometime??? :drink:

Shea
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 12:48 PM
One door closes another opens - hell, you might find a better job than the one you had.

pfft you and your "optimistic view of the universe"...shut the hell up and buy me a beer bitch (that I probably won't drink, but buy me it anyway)...

:)

Wyck
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Can you buy me a Beer sometime??? :drink:

NO! You have a job...and you drink too much anyway :p :drink:

Devaclis
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Hell, I would move back in with my parents if I had to. Lots of beer, good food, nice house, beer, good food, beer.

Horsman
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 12:55 PM
pfft you and your "optimistic view of the universe"...shut the hell up and buy me a beer bitch (that I probably won't drink, but buy me it anyway)...
:)
http://www.jeffpidgeon.com/uploaded_images/heavymetal-742174.jpg

NO! You have a job...and you drink too much anyway :p :drink: I drink too much because Shea doesn't drink what I bought him - he's an expensive date. Can't let it go to waste... :drink:

mtnairlover
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 12:57 PM
lolz...bunch'o beer'oholics

Matty
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 01:01 PM
don't know if it's been said yet. But on a positive note, more riding time now!!!

Shea
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I drink too much because Shea doesn't drink what I bought him - he's an expensive date. Can't let it go to waste... :drink:
lol, you have no idea :)

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 01:05 PM
don't know if it's been said yet. But on a positive note, more riding time now!!!

Lol.. yea.. As soon as I get my rectifier replaced. I've fixed everything but that. Just waiting on it to ship. Riding is one of the few pleasures I can enjoy on unemployment!

Horsman
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Lol.. yea.. As soon as I get my rectifier replaced. I've fixed everything but that. Just waiting on it to ship. Riding is one of the few pleasures I can enjoy on unemployment!
Just an idea - get some roommates to help with the mortgage until you get back on your feet. Craigslist anything you don't need. Make Wyck pay for your drinks. Sell all of your too small shirts to Shea. Open a WoW account and have Dana show you how you can make $1000 an hour selling Magic potions to 15 year olds via paypal. things will get better :)

Devaclis
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Potions do not make money. Dana makes money.

SusanExpress anyone?

Graybird
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Just an idea - get some roommates to help with the mortgage until you get back on your feet. Craigslist anything you don't need. Make Wyck pay for your drinks. Sell all of your too small shirts to Shea. Open a WoW account and have Dana show you how you can make $1000 an hour selling Magic potions to 15 year olds via paypal. things will get better :)

:spit: Thats some funny shit!!!!

Devaclis
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 01:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/devaclis/072009_bounty_1.jpg

Mister BOYD
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 01:34 PM

Lol.. yea.. all of that is in the works. Except for the too small shirts.. Never had any of my own. WoW.. lol.. had a roomy who was all about that. Eat, slept, smelled of WoW. He was a weird guy.

Horsman
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 02:32 PM
smelled of WoW. He was a weird guy. Have you met Dana??, He reeks of "Wow"!!!
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/2009-07-1516-22-37112.jpg

Sex Panther is the only thing that can top that smell...
http://www.bradsdeals.com/images/sex-panther.gif
By Ron Burgundy...

Pandora-11
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Jason,
Your resume was emailed to all three builders. One went with me to Mongolia, and the other two have sons who play baseball with my son. We all had a great time in Laramie this weekend. They are great people.

Good luck!

Karen

Airborne Helly
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:33 PM
I'd hold you up to say to your mother, "this kid's gonna be the best kid in the world. This kid's gonna be somebody better than anybody I ever knew." And you grew up good and wonderful. It was great just watching you, every day was like a privilige. Then the time come for you to be your own man and take on the world, and you did. But somewhere along the line, you changed. You stopped being you. You let people stick a finger in your face and tell you you're no good. And when things got hard, you started looking for something to blame, like a big shadow. Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that! I'm always gonna love you no matter what. No matter what happens. You're my son and you're my blood. You're the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, ya ain't gonna have a life.

Rocky Balboa

Sorry, that quote is what I thought about when I read your post. Not meant as an insult, but as motivation. In this day and age we don't have the luxury of feeling bad for ourselves or playing the blame game. Know what your worth, know what your capable of and go out and get it! Good luck!

R6Blake101
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 10:49 PM

Wait a min. everybody must be hating me right now. I pay my rent and etc, but I only work part-time. If I'm lucky 20hr a week sometimes I don't work 3 weeks straight. The thing is? I like it this way even better if I don't work.
I'm just a LUCKY SOB.

Good luck on everything.