PDA

View Full Version : Riding to the MRA races on Saturday

Sean
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 03:18 PM
I think I'm going to ride out to HPR on Saturday. Anyone interested in going out there with me? I'm open to suggestions, but here's what I'm thinking:

Meet 9:30
KSU 9:45
See a couple practice sessions
Get some free lunch from Grand Prix Motorsports
Watch the afternoon races
Head back around 5ish?

There might also be a BBQ, so play it by ear. If you want to go with me, holla. Meeting at THOCO (120th/25). FYI, I plan on riding like a grandma out there. It's long straight roads but I can't afford another ticket.

fairrpe86
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Grand Prix is serving lunch on Sunday only.

Sean
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Grand Prix is serving lunch on Sunday only.Good to know :up: Looks like I'm bringing the tail bag or saddle bags to toss some food in. I'd be happy to carry food for others as well.

eklew
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Awesome Sean, can't wait to hang out with you this weekend!!!

chad23
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 05:46 PM
I guess i will have to wait to put the new rear tire on. If I can go I will let you know in a dayor so. oh by the way i plan to ride like a complete jackass and practice wheelies all the way there.

Sean
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Awesome Sean, can't wait to hang out with you this weekend!!!Team Pineapple FTW! :rock:

If I can go I will let you know in a dayor so. Coolio, just let me know :up:

i plan to ride like a complete jackassWhat else is new? :banghead:

rybo
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Team Pineapple FTW! :rock:

Not on Team Rybo this time Sean???

Sean
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Not on Team Rybo this time Sean???You know I got nothing but love for ya. Just mixing it up this race. Besides Spleenless Racing has two new people to cheer for you, and I can't compete with their combined volume! :shocked:

Kitten
Mon Jul 20th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Team RYBO or team sesame chicken...

Sean
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 04:25 PM
Bump.
If I don't get any takers, I'll just drive out there. Sounds like most people are going on Sunday though.

rforsythe
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Sean maybe try posting this in the Canyon forum?

Sean
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Do people actually read posts per forum area? I thought everybody just hit new posts. Plus, it sounds like everybody is going on Saturday. Maybe I need to get friends that race in ROR? :lol:

Motodrew
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 03:37 PM
I'm going Saturday, but no set time or anything yet. Not sure if I'm caging it either. I'll have to look at the weather. Just depends how I'm feeling in the morning after tonight's birthday festivities!

Valguard
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Ill be heading up on Saturday. Caging it though with my wife. Ive never been out there and we just moved here so is there a good place to sit/watch? A place CSC'ers gather perhaps?

michaelawsome
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 09:00 PM
i thought somone was planing some big ride there on sunday.. and isnt the free food sunday?

Sean
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Ive never been out there and we just moved here so is there a good place to sit/watch? A place CSC'ers gather perhaps?Not sure yet, never been there to watch a race yet. Look for a white Honda Accord and come say Hi!

i thought somone was planing some big ride there on sunday.. and isnt the free food sunday?Yup and Yup. I have friends racing on Saturday, I'd rather support them than go with a bunch of people. Def get out there one of the days, it'll be a ton of fun!

dirkterrell
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Stop by the High Precision Racing Pits (brown/white pentagonal canopy, bikes 211 and 636). We'll have lots of free Eldorado Springs water and vitamin water.

Dirk

freddiewest
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Sean,

If you change your mind about riding out to HPR tomorrow let me know I will definitely be riding just spent all day on the CBR new map on the pcV, new speedo healer so need to let it stretch it legs a little... i can meet you up north too...

I have done a couple of track days at HPR and watched the last race out there, think the exciting corner is #1 that is at the north end of the track!!

Keith

whitebrad
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 07:28 AM
anyone still going?

was planning on it, so i am checking

freddiewest
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Brad I am still going just trying to get everything together

jdoucett
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 06:15 PM
anything set up for sunday

Sean
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Sorry guys, went out this am and didn't really check. Hopefully you didn't ride. At 6:00 when I started coming home it was pouring. Some poor guy in a yellow/blk R6 was behind me getting soaked.

Turned out to be a great day. Hopefully all of the people that didn't make it today will be able to make it out there tom.!

anything set up for sunday
There's a couple of threads going, be sure to check them out. :up:

Valguard
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Emily and I made it out. It was a blast! And thanks for the free drinks Dirk! They were much appreciated. I'm thinking about trying to ride up on my bike tomorrow...cant decide though. Forecast says 30% chance of scattered storms, whatever that means. Sure would like to see the big race though. Oh decisions, decisions.

dirkterrell
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Emily and I made it out. It was a blast! And thanks for the free drinks Dirk! They were much appreciated.

:up: Nice to meet you and chat with you David.

Dirk