PDA

View Full Version : JOHNNYMOTHAFUCKINROCKPAGE!!! (Johnny Rock Page Suspended for 2 events)

Mother Goose
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:17 AM
MOTHAFUCKINSUSPENDED!!! (http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/557/4082/Motorcycle-Article/American-Superbike-Mid-Ohio-Race-1-Results.aspx) :lol:

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=37409

MetaLord 9
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:18 AM
OHFUCKNOBITCHESDKWILLSHITKITTENSFTMFW!!! :lol:

Mother Goose
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:20 AM
:spit:

sugarrey
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:25 AM
interesting video. i didnt see or hear about it. can someone post a clip of the action that started this argument?

konichd
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:38 AM
Basically he was being passed by the leader (Josh Hayes) and then Aaron Yates (2nd place) had a tough time getting around him in the closing laps. He was giving a blue flag letting him know faster riders were coming, he held his line (in accordance with the rules) and is now being unfairly punished.

JOHNNYROCKFUCKINGPAGEFTWFOLLOWEDTHERULEBOOK! I officially hate AMA/DMG, :music: Johnny's a rock star baby, signed Johnny Rock on your GF tits :music:

TFOGGuys
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:40 AM
Johnny need to learn the 1st rule of racing: Don't argue with the guy who has the power to suspend you. Make your case, then accept the decision. It's a lot like arguing with a traffic court judge, in that it's unlikely to improve anything. Especially when all you got is "I held my line".

konichd
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:42 AM
JOHNNYROCKMAKESTHERULESHEDOESNOTFOLLOW!

:music: I'm a rock star baby its a little to late :music:

Devaclis
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:47 AM
What is this, Formula racing? No passing, no lane changes, no looking at other racers in a menacing way?

Fuck that. Let Europe have their bitches. In America we race to the death!

Desmodromico
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
Between this and the 1125RR fiasco AMASCAR keeps digging a bigger and bigger hole...

rforsythe
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
The message I got from that video: "Fuck the rules. If it messes up our TV ratings, your race experience is meaningless to us. Get the fuck off the track and let the fast guys do the same shit they always do."

I gotta say, that was one of the most unprofessional displays I've seen from an AMA official to date. JRP might be an idiot, and definitely isn't as fast as the front of the pack, but Ludington is basically saying "you followed the rules, did what you were supposed to, but affected our audience experience so fuck you, you're DQ'd".

Gotta side with JRP on this one. He got bent over and slammed, and if they're going to uphold this DQ then they basically are saying the rulebook is completely irrelevant when compared to TV ratings. The ironic part is this whole DMG thing was supposed to level the playing field a bit, but it seems it really just put the bias on who brings the advertising dollars instead.

Jim - I disagree with you. He was already given a ruling, and was arguing it based on following the rulebook, which in most realities means you did it right. The best thing he could do was get that debacle on video, because it shows AMA officials flat out saying "we don't care what the book says, we like this other guy more than you so we will uphold whatever we want in his favor". It is proof that the "rules" aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Fuck the AMA.

dirkterrell
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 11:33 AM
Gotta side with Ralph on this one. It's clear what's important to the DMG/AMA people and it's pretty lame. Getting around people is part of racing and if Yates couldn't get it done with JRP doing what he was supposed to be doing, then that's Yates' problem.

Dirk

Pharmgirl
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
I think that it is interesting that Mladin actually AGREES with DMG on his suspension. Of course, he is probably tired of lapping that asshat multiple times every weekend.

konichd
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 11:39 AM
:music: You don't know what it takes to get this motherfucker done :music:

Wyck
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 12:44 PM
:music: You don't know what it takes to get this motherfucker done :music:

:music:
We are pointing right at you
We are breaking everything, r-rowdy like a classroom,
Pack of wolves,
'Cause we don't follow the rules,
:music:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 12:47 PM
I agree w/ Ralph as well...these factory guys are paid top $$$...they are on faster/better bikes all around, and shouldn't have a problem getting around the privateers/non-factory racers. That's racing, lap traffic should always make for better racing IMO.

BOO AMA

Wyck
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 12:53 PM
THANKSDKTHATSONGISGOINGTOBESTUCKINMYHEADALLDAY!!!!

konichd
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 12:57 PM
NOPROBLEMIWILLSEEYOUATBIKENIGHT ;)

Sean
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 01:05 PM
They be hatin' on the JRP style, that's all. :321:

If it's considered bad manners or against track etiquette, fine, go talk to him. But it's stupid to suspend someone for that. It's racing, deal with it.

Mother Goose
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 01:05 PM
WESHOULDALWAYSTYPELIKETHIS

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 01:08 PM
Ummm.... :no:

konichd
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 01:31 PM
LIVETHEDREAMKIDS...LIVETHEMOTHERFUCKINDREAMS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px7XAJH88mw&feature=player_embedded

Mother Goose
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 01:31 PM
DONTYOUSHAKEYOURHEADATME!

Wyck
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 01:50 PM
IWILLBELIVINGTHEDREAMATBIKENIGHTSEEYOUBITCHESTHERE !

TheStig
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 03:06 PM
Watching that vid I would have to say that is really unprofessional on the officals part.

motolitho
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 03:15 PM
All in all, a total bummer. I would expect more from the AMA/DMG if it had not been for the recent total denial of the rulebook regarding the Buell. What next? Is this series doomed too? All I can say is I will be there this weekend to support local club racing.

sugarrey
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 03:21 PM

PLEASEDONOTFUCKINGDOTHAT!

Desmodromico
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 07:07 PM
A step in the right direction....of course he got caught first.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Jul/e/n090722a.htm

Filo
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:37 PM
A step in the right direction....of course he got caught first.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Jul/e/n090722a.htm

Man, don't be posting stuff like that. That is pron to DK. He is going to be spanking the monkey tonight thinking that JRP has been vindicated. We don't need to have that image in our minds. Do not misjudge DKs man crush nor his need for a bromance.

Zach929rr
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:41 PM
As per DK's words, "How can you suspend the best superbike rider in the world?!"

DanFZ1
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 10:49 PM
:violin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C42W0dyBC8

I missed all the drama but, I'll finally get around to seeing it tonight. Just from what I've heard, they were going through a chicane and, there is typically only one line when you are going through the average chicane. :dunno: It's not like you would have the choice to merge onto the race line or not merge.

B-Boz was probably hoping against hope that that is exactly what would happen anyway but, DMG needs to shut their official pie hole and stay out of it. Lapped riders have been used as a tactical advantage throughout the history of motorcycle road racing. I am just surprised that Aaron "the Enforcer" Yates didn't punt him off the track the way he did to Blake Young this year.

It brings back fond memories of the Daytona 200 in 2003 and seeing Aaron Yates colliding with backmarker Anthony Fania, who was already running wide in the west horseshoe to let the faster riders through. After the crash, Yates goes over to Fania who is standing up and, drop-kicks him and then head-butts him. Lucky for J.R. Page that there wasn't a "tail wind" in the chicane at Mid-Ohio like there was for poor Aaron at Daytona that year. Maybe Yates should have jumped off his bike like he did at VIR in 2002 and then cause a red flag if he didn't like the way the blue flag was handled.:cry:

As far as Al Ludington goes, chewing out JRP is one thing, but saying, "You wont have a bike to ride tomorrow.", meaning he would not pass JRP during the tech inspection? is just stupid. But threating John Ulrich? and M4 Suzuki with tear downs because of bad P.R.?
Has Al lost his marbles or gone mad with power? :drink:or maybe he's just hitting the sauce?

...and now he says that the references he made to a few other teams at the last race about "revenge tear downs" was just a joke.

...but after certain teams had bad mouthed the AMA tech inspections Ludington went around to different people and said he was going to tear their bikes down for revenge. Because of his position of authority as the new AMA Pro Racing Technical Director, he should be fired, not just suspended.

And to think that AMA/DMG/Buell was supposed to be all about helping the privateer. :harrrrr: What a load of B.S. that turned out to be.

Apparently it's all about the "SHOW" as Al put it. Maybe backmarkers wouldn't be screwing up the "SHOW" in the premier class if AMA/DMG/Buell hadn't screwed up the premier class to begin with.

If they wanted to black flag JRP, they coulda/shoulda done that for the way he handled the blue flag situation on about laps 4 or 5 from what people have said. So sure, He's a doofus. And Yates is a cry baby and Al is an asshat. I think the real solution, for Superbikes only, is to change the rules for qualifying so racers like JRP never make it to the grid in the first place. It's the premier class, right?:horse:

rybo
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 11:18 PM
All I can say is I will be there this weekend to support local club racing.

best post this week!

konichd
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 09:22 AM
As per DK's words, "How can you suspend the best superbike rider in the world?!"

The BEST in the world, he's best in the world!

Pharmgirl
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 10:02 AM
Straight out of Mladin's mouth (via Twitter)
"You overwelmingly asked for my opinion on this one. Al Ludington's approach to "Johnny Dick Head" was mild. I would have head butted him!"

DevilDuc
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 12:56 PM
Straight out of Mladin's mouth (via Twitter)
"You overwelmingly asked for my opinion on this one. Al Ludington's approach to "Johnny Dick Head" was mild. I would have head butted him!"

I agree that Al Luddington should be fired for his conduct in recent months. If being a back-marker makes such a huge difference in "the show", then maybe they should rearrange the qualifying times so that only the top ten riders can qualify ... that will eliminate pretty much all of the privateer section of the racing and leave it for the factories to duke it out (like usual anyway, right?).

As far as Maladin is concerned, fuck him. He is just an over-paid ass hat himself. If he was in it for the challenge of racing, he would have ventured of to Europe a long time ago and made a name for himself there like Spies is doing, whether it be in WSB or MotoGP. Personally, I think Maladin is just milking his time at Suzuki and the AMA until he can retire and say ... once again ... the he is the bombdizzle and better than everyone else (no matter how much Suzuki has to "cheat" in order to make it happen).
What a fucking douche bag. Great way to represent the sport of motorcycle racing in the USA. No wonder we have a piss-poor series and lackluster attendance here.

Pharmgirl
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 01:33 PM
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/archive/aug2004/pk/dougmat93.jpg

He tried on a Cagiva

Spiderman
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 01:43 PM
I agree that Al Luddington should be fired for his conduct in recent months.
Not sure if you saw the link in this thread (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33837) - Al Ludington has been suspended indefinitely. 8)

DevilDuc
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/archive/aug2004/pk/dougmat93.jpg

He tried on a Cagiva

Yeah ... but if you read what I said "he would have ventured of to Europe a long time ago and made a name for himself there like Spies is doing".

Maladin sucked while he was in Europe. With that being said, I would have figured being the bad-ass that he poses to be, he would have wanted to give it another shot to show them how much better he is and how he has improved to the point of being a contender. Instead, he is milking with way through the AMA until retirement, and apparently sucking up to DMG in the process.
Don't get me wrong, I know he is fast as shit, but when it comes down to it he is still an ass-hat with a shitty, holier-than-thou attitude ... and he is still a douche bag. How is his remark on Twitter (or really anywhere) supposed to be productive for the sport of road racing here in the USA? He is a champion, and he is in the limelight of the public as a representative of our sport ... and that is how he responds? D O U C H E - B A G.

DevilDuc
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 01:48 PM
Not sure if you saw the link in this thread (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33837) - Al Ludington has been suspended indefinitely. 8)

Yeah, I saw it. It is a step in the right direction ... but it still implies that he has a job in his assigned position and has not been "terminated".

Cars-R-Coffins
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 08:04 PM
I don't know who Al Ludington is but he certainly wasn't acting very professional. Makes me want to watch AMA racing even less.

DanFZ1
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 10:39 PM
I don't know who Al Ludington is but he certainly wasn't acting very professional. Makes me want to watch AMA racing even less.

Al Ludington is a great mechanic who used to tune Honda's for people like Miguel DuHamel (2nd most wins in AMA history) back in the 90's. I think he also wrenched for Vance & Hines back in the 80's.

No one is going to question his technical skills, but just because he's better than everybody else doesn't mean he should act that way. :scramble:

Being good with a wrench doesn't mean you should put someone in charge of tearing everybody's bike down for tech inspection if you are incapable of being a detached and objective third party.

...Because, if the factories think that they will not all be treated equally/fairly/evenly/whatever, then they have no logical reason to participate in a series in which it is widely perceived that they cannot get a fair shake. What then, one wonders, would be their reasoning for spending tons of money on the debacle currently known as the DMG (Daytona Motorsports Group).

So anyway,

Al can tune a Honda with the very best of them but, the video "Shows" that DMG is B.S.ing people when it comes to all the talk about sticking up for privateers. They just trot that little argument out whenever people bitch about the Buell 1125rr racing in a class it shouldn't be in (read: AMA Superbikes).

Maybe we are being too harsh on Al, I don't know. Maybe sometimes you have to put the fear of God into people to get them to play by the rules. But who wants to have a mean, vindictive asshat running around threatening to sabotage everybody's racing season just because he has a burr under his saddle about one thing or another.

Maybe he's always been that way. Maybe he just snapped cause he's under pressure. Maybe nobody wants to be in charge of cat herding AMA riders anymore and so good help is hard to find but, your right. Al "Showed" us his true colors and actually, Johny:turtle: Rock:turtle: Page:turtle: looked far more professional. (Slow, but more professional than Al.)