PDA

View Full Version : Mussels in Denver?

sugarrey
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:28 AM
So I am a huge mussel fan. Just found out that walmart has them for sale so went and picked up a couple boxes....not too bad but need something better..

Put me in front of some shrimp cocktail and mussels and a SAM ADAMS and ill never fricking leave......Who has the best mussels in denver or surrounding areas?

Mother Goose
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:33 AM
I've have been working out.... :lol:

There's a pizza & mussels place in Edgewater that's supposed to be decent. I've never been there though.

SaShWhO
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:34 AM
If you like mussels you should check out Cincettis all you can eat Italian buffet on 25 and 104th in Thornton.
Every weekend you can mack as many of the little phuckers as your heart and stomach desire. Their really good, as is all the food, and quite reasonably prices also.

Mother Goose
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:43 AM
If you like mussels you should check out Cincettis all you can eat Italian buffet on 25 and 104th in Thornton.
Every weekend you can mack as many of the little phuckers as your heart and stomach desire. Their really good, as is all the food, and quite reasonably prices also.
I went there when they first opened, I wasn't impressed, and haven't been back since. :no:

MikeG
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:52 AM
Bonefish on 104th/church ranch and hwy36 has mussels on their appetizer menu, I tried them for the first time there and it was pretty good.

Canuck
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:54 AM
McCormick and Smicks. There's a few in town. It's been a while since I've been there, but they used to have a really good Happy Hour deal on them.
My favorite is Le Central, French restaraunt on the corner of 8th and Lincoln. Decent pricing for a bucket of mussels in cream.

Mother Goose
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
Decent pricing for a bucket of love mussels in cream.
Canuck's favorite. :slappers:

SaShWhO
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 10:01 AM
I went there when they first opened, I wasn't impressed, and haven't been back since. :no:

I see there is no pleasing you.
luckily opinions are like assholes~~~~~we all got one.

you should give em another chance mang.

Mother Goose
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 10:15 AM
I see there is no pleasing you.
luckily opinions are like assholes~~~~~we all got one.

you should give em another chance mang.
I might, just for you Sash.

Graybird
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 10:23 AM
Mussels, you want Mussels, You can't handle Mussels...

http://www.lecentral.com/ourmenu/mussels.html

Mizzybeff
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 11:23 AM
Mussels, you want Mussels, You can't handle Mussels...

http://www.lecentral.com/ourmenu/mussels.html

OMG!!!! I LOVE LeCentral!!!!!!!!!!!! they have the best mussels EVER!:)

Graybird
Wed Jul 22nd, 2009, 11:33 AM
Yes, yes they do...

dcbeggs
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 04:39 PM
JAX Fish House, downtown is excellent.

dapper
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Costco on weekends.
Fresh Fish Co. (restaurant off Hampden)

sprtbkbabe
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Well, since we can't get this place here (I could stay there for hours)
http://www.chezleon.be/index.asp?intro

McCormicks is pretty tasty and not at all rubbery like some places can overcook them. There's one on DTC parkway in the Tech center. I'll go with!?!?!!!!!!!

McCormick and Smicks. There's a few in town. It's been a while since I've been there, but they used to have a really good Happy Hour deal on them.
My favorite is Le Central, French restaraunt on the corner of 8th and Lincoln. Decent pricing for a bucket of mussels in cream.

sugarrey
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Sounds good to me....Im gonna try all those places out, I am a fein when it comes to mussels, I even bought a splecial little spoon and a cream bowl....i got issues.

Chris
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 11:25 AM
cheeky monk on colfax is a good place.

a bunch of Belgian beers on tap too.