PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant 'effin' Drivers

lil_shane84
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 12:11 AM
Well my pregnant Girlfriend and Mizzybeff's 2 children were in a car accident today cause people are effin ignorant. They were sitting at a stoplight on Academy this afternoon and all the sudden, BAM, a pickup truck and trailer smashed right into them.

Why...you ask?

Because the driver simply wasnt paying attention. YOU'RE DRIVING A TRUCK WITH A TRAILER ON ONE OF THE BUSIEST ROADS IN COLORADO SPRINGS :banghead: why would you not pay attention? That very easily could have been any one of us on our bike at that light today! as a matter of fact, I coincidentally drove by, on my bike, shortly after it happened. By the grace of God they all went to the hospital to get checked out and everyone is okay.

so keep in mind riders, we arent EVER safe out there.

BeoBe
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 12:31 AM
so keep in mind riders, we arent EVER safe out there.

Thats just it, and that is nothing new and has been out there forever and ever, its just alot worse now especially when you are on your bike. Between accidental and intentional.

I am glad to hear that they are ok though. Its scary.

I have known people that were going through an intersection on a green light and cops were in pursuit and either a cop car or the car being chased has hit them, same with ambulances.. The plus to this is even in a pursuit not ambulance, police and fire all basically come to a stop at a red light to ensure that vehicles are stopped and aware that they are going through the intersection.. This doesn't prevent cars being chased but yea..

take it easy out there, especially on your bike!

SumoWeezle
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 08:01 AM
My heart sank when Elizabeth called me yesturday. Her work was really cool and as soon as she heard what happened they basically told her to leave (didnt even let her ask if she could go check on the kids). I got her calmed down on the way to the hospital so the kids would see that their mom wasnt upset and give them a bit more courage. Glad to hear that everyone is ok and no one got seriously hurt!!

What happened to the driver of the truck? What did he get cited for?

Devaclis
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 08:23 AM
:( The first sentence had me holding my breath.

Good to hear everyone is OK.

~Barn~
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 08:31 AM
Damn, that sucks!.. Having that happen on a motorcycle was always one of my least favorite daydreams. :shudder:

Either way, I'm glad they are all okay. Always check your 6 when sitting at any sort of stop, and make sure you have an "out", and are in gear, and ready to use it! If somebody in your mirror looks like they are coming in too hot, don't stick around to find out!

puckstr
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Damn, that sucks!.. Having that happen on a motorcycle was always one of my least favorite daydreams. :shudder:

Either way, I'm glad they are all okay. Always check your 6 when sitting at any sort of stop, and make sure you have an "out", and are in gear, and ready to use it! If somebody in your mirror looks like they are coming in too hot, don't stick around to find out!

agreed.

Also glad no one was injured. But beware "whiplash" can manifest days later. I had neck pain from a auto accident for months after a crash.

lil_shane84
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 09:10 AM
My heart sank when Elizabeth called me yesturday. Her work was really cool and as soon as she heard what happened they basically told her to leave (didnt even let her ask if she could go check on the kids). I got her calmed down on the way to the hospital so the kids would see that their mom wasnt upset and give them a bit more courage. Glad to hear that everyone is ok and no one got seriously hurt!!

What happened to the driver of the truck? What did he get cited for?

no doubt, i was freakin out too! im not sure what the end result was but he blatantly said he wasnt paying attention

Tipys
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 09:23 PM
Plus one with barn sitting at a light me eyes are glued on that mirror if some is coming up behind me.

And no one here in the springs knows how to drive. It drives me carzy

Pandora-11
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
It's very true about Colorado Springs drivers. I spent most of my life in the south never having been hit once. When I moved to CS, I was hit four times the first year, one of which totaled my Toyota Sequoia, for heaven's sake. The police tell me that our car population is too high for the roads we have.
I'm not sure that explains it to my satisfaction.

Tipys
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 09:33 PM
It's very true about Colorado Springs drivers. I spent most of my life in the south never having been hit once. When I moved to CS, I was hit four times the first year, one of which totaled my Toyota Sequoia, for heaven's sake. The police tell me that our car population is too high for the roads we have.
I'm not sure that explains it to my satisfaction.

No I can tell you what it is. It is all the transplant drivers in this town. With Peterson, Carson, Norad, the Acdmey, Sirver, Etc... Everyone coming from different places just makes it a Cluster Fuck because every area has there own driving pet peeves. Then add people that come from places without snow.

Pandora-11
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 09:38 PM
No I can tell you what it is. It is all the transplant drivers in this town. With Peterson, Carson, Norad, the Acdmey, Sirver, Etc... Everyone coming from different places just makes it a Cluster Fuck because every area has there own driving pet peeves. Then add people that come from places without snow.

Some of that may be true, but I was hit those four times all during times of good weather and no snow.
The places I lived were Orlando, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Charleston, West Palm, and Myrtle Beach....not exactly small places or places with stagnant populations.
I really don't know what the problem is.
My husband said I should take defensive driving lessons and I was furious.
How do you defend against getting rear ended at a traffic light or avoid getting t-boned?

~Barn~
Thu Jul 23rd, 2009, 09:56 PM
Even just driving through Colorado Springs, is an adventure.