PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Mania Coming to an End ??????

Dietrich_R1
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 08:47 AM
So I was @ the Wally-World check-out today & a guy walks up with 8 boxes of 9mm. With a very puzzled look he said right away... "There's lots of it back there now"!!!!!

I walk back there & there is a fair amount of .40 & 9mm there! Yet still no .38 that I need an extra box or 2 for plink'n.

IS THIS MAYHEM OVER OR COMING TO AN END SOON????????

Dietrich

~Barn~
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Did you happen to catch a price on it?

There were boxes of .45 plinkers available at Gander Mountain awhile ago. Only problem was that they were charging $40.00 for it. :guns:

salsashark
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 09:06 AM
.45 is still hard to come by. Unless you want to shoot crap or have a LEO connection.

I'm sticking w/ 22LR and 12ga for plinking and shooting fun for now. No problems finding these and they're still cheap. I'll stock back up on 38 and 9mm when they hysteria subsides.

Ricky
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 09:08 AM
My suggestion: Buy the stuff to make your own

Airreed
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 09:12 AM
It's the Zombie Apocalypse that is about to become reality....from internet sensation to global terrorization!

((Yes, it's still a bitch to get quality ammo at a decent price))

rforsythe
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 09:51 AM
I found .40 at Gander a couple months back for about $20 a box, so not too bad. They had some lesser-quality stuff for even less IIRC, but I don't like lead fouling.

I was actually warned away from the Wally World ammo by a guy I worked with, who was a former exec for WM corp (so he knows exactly where their stuff comes from). Basically the reason WW ammo is a good deal is because it's whatever the gun stores wouldn't sell for whatever the reason. Usually it was because while the rounds were safe, they didn't pass some quality check or something, so you end up with less accuracy typically. For that reason I've stopped buying it there.

Glad to see the Obama Ammo Frenzy is slowing down. I'm still gonna stock it. :twisted:

Dietrich_R1
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Did you happen to catch a price on it?

There were boxes of .45 plinkers available at Gander Mountain awhile ago. Only problem was that they were charging $40.00 for it. :guns:

9mm was $8.98 + tax for a box. It didn't look like their typical cheap ammo, but I really didn't look very close @ it as I was really "gunn'n" for .38