PDA

View Full Version : Drivers!

bcwood
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I was on a mountain road today, and passed a pickup truck and the tool opened his door as I passed him! What the hell is up with that?

Tipys
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 10:01 PM
He is a dick. and I would have returned the flavor by giving him a broken mirror.

JohnEffinK
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Yup, total jack hole.

I say sorry for all my fellow truck driving brehtren.

John

CaneZach
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 10:31 PM
That is why it is always helpful to carry a pocket full of ball bearings!

Tipys
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 10:32 PM

Note to self do not ride behind Zach any more

Horsman
Fri Jul 24th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Good Idea!!!

Note to self do not ride behind Zach any more
ummm... Bad idea :( Wook'n pa drama in da the wong places...

we need another NOOB ride - Zach, take point!!!! :drink:I'll sweep!!!

sugarrey
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 02:18 AM
marbles work well too...had a guy in illinois who i used to see just about every morning. he cut me off one day, almost killed me seriously at 65 mph so i got on the side of him and kicked his door.

Ever since then he would catch up or slow down to get next to me and fuck with me. So one day took about 20 or so marbles and let him get behind me (of course he was right on my ass), threw up the marbles and the next thing i know he is pulling over...sure i fucked up his car, at least the windshield. Never saw him again on that route. I take that shit seriously, when someone try to fuck you up on the road is serious business. I never take that shit lightly.

Bueller
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 07:33 AM
I was on a mountain road today, and passed a pickup truck and the tool opened his door as I passed him! What the hell is up with that?
Did you pass him on a solid yellow? They get pissed sometimes. If you do make a habit of passing in no passing zones get used to people pulling that shit. Not condoning their actions in any way but when I do it I am prepared for it. Most likely he couldn't have hit you and was just doing it to get the reaction out of you that he did.

marbles work well too...had a guy in illinois who i used to see just about every morning. he cut me off one day, almost killed me seriously at 65 mph so i got on the side of him and kicked his door.

Ever since then he would catch up or slow down to get next to me and fuck with me. So one day took about 20 or so marbles and let him get behind me (of course he was right on my ass), threw up the marbles and the next thing i know he is pulling over...sure i fucked up his car, at least the windshield. Never saw him again on that route. I take that shit seriously, when someone try to fuck you up on the road is serious business. I never take that shit lightly.

So when you let loose with the marbles and they take out the windshield of the car behind your intended target or better yet the biker stuck behind him, what then?

sugarrey
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 09:32 AM
This was down by the industry park by where my office was. Marbles are round, they'll roll to the side of the road like all the other debris. Plus before I sent them into the air I made sure there was no one behind him in site. I ride that road probably 40 times a week and im still here, unfortunately.

bcwood
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Did you pass him on a solid yellow? They get pissed sometimes. If you do make a habit of passing in no passing zones get used to people pulling that shit. Not condoning their actions in any way but when I do it I am prepared for it. Most likely he couldn't have hit you and was just doing it to get the reaction out of you that he did.

So when you let loose with the marbles and they take out the windshield of the car behind your intended target or better yet the biker stuck behind him, what then?
Nope, no double yellow, and my only reaction was to make this post!

Ricky
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 12:10 AM
If it had been me, I would have slowed down enough so that I could pull out my phone and call the police. Even if I had passed illegally. I'd take a ticket for passing on a double yellow, just to make sure a douche like that got told how ridiculously dangerous that is.

Either that, or I'd then pull over so I could get behind that person again. Then I'd follow them all the way to their destination, and call the police.

No reason to do crazy stuff though.

R6Blake101
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 01:25 AM
I'll probably follow him home and do nothing. Then after a month or so when everything is cool when he forgets about it. Then I'll give him a visit.... (use or imagination on this one).

Bueller
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Nope, no double yellow, and my only reaction was to make this post!
The reaction I spreak of was the freaked out feeling you got when he did it.
Not sure of your experiance riding, but I guarantee this wont be the last time someone does that shit. For some odd reason some people think that they are justified in assulting motorcycle and bicycles in their vehicles.

bcwood
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 07:09 AM
The reaction I spreak of was the freaked out feeling you got when he did it.
Not sure of your experiance riding, but I guarantee this wont be the last time someone does that shit. For some odd reason some people think that they are justified in assulting motorcycle and bicycles in their vehicles.
Honestly, I wasn't freaked out when it happened, he didn't even look at me, honk or yell. I think possibly he didn't have any mal-intent, just has the IQ of a celery stalk and was emptying his ash tray or something. But that doesn't really make it any better, does it?

Bueller
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Honestly, I wasn't freaked out when it happened, he didn't even look at me, honk or yell. I think possibly he didn't have any mal-intent, just has the IQ of a celery stalk and was emptying his ash tray or something. But that doesn't really make it any better, does it?
Alrighty then, now I don't really get it. :dunno:
I am likely to encounter 20+ idiot drivers on the ride I am getting ready to go on.
Have a great day as I know I will, I'll be on 2

gtn
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 07:45 AM
For me the bottom line is this... many of the folks I share the road with do not have the necessary skills to safely operate any vehicle under any conditions. Some of them add a bit of malice to their incompetence.

I see this whether I'm riding the bike or driving my K2500 crew cab. Just yesterday a ditz in a Mercedes SUV attempted to lane change into us on Pena Blvd. I was taking Rae to DIA and was in that 7000 lb, 20 ft long, red truck. How could she have not seen us? The answer is easy... she doesn't have the necessary skills.

I approach riding/driving under the assumption that this sort of thing is going to happen each time I'm out. In a way they're doing me a favor by giving me more opportunities to practice hazard avoidance maneuvers.