Call me the world's biggest mushy dork, but I always cry at weddings.:cry::lol:

I give the choreography a :up:

Think
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Really?
Yes.

Pandora-11
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 06:05 PM
This is the second time I've seen this, but I love it! There is joy in every step.

Bueller
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 06:15 PM
This was on GMA Thurs. morning. They were supposed to get the whole wedding part to come in studio and re-create it. Kind of a sell out. It was cool the first time but to try and re do it for public consumption is cheezy

= Buckeye Jess =
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Oh my gosh that is awesome, I love it!!! lol

King Nothing
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 08:29 PM
That was great and very well planned out. Creativity was excellent.

But I kind of hate to be that guy and say, you know doing that in a church is extremely irreverent. I guess I'm a little too old fashioned but I treat God's house like no other. After being the Best Man in my friends wedding back in May, I know I'm old fashioned. I had to have a few little talks with some of the groomsman for swearing in church(in the sanctuary no less).

They get an A+ for being innovative but I'd have to fail them on where they chose to display it.I'm going to disagree a bit. The place where they had the wedding is simply a building. God doesn't live there, it is simply a tool help the congregation gather to worship.

Pandora-11
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I've been in a lot of rockin' churches.

Chilly
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I'm going to disagree a bit. The place where they had the wedding is simply a building. God doesn't live there, it is simply a tool help the congregation gather to worship.

And you know, that God guy, I believe the Joy He has is CLEARLY evident in the joy they are having while dancing down the edifice isles... Well done people!

King Nothing
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Holy crap! A post from Chilly!

Pandora-11
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 11:23 PM
And see I disagree. I believe that it is his house of worship. And when people gather to worship or celebrate a marriage. Yes he's present. It's his house and from my point of view, I would just respect his house differently.

Just as was in the temple in Jerusalem, in the Most Holy Place, was God's presence. So I believe his presence is today in churches. Now while I'm sure he derives pleasure from seeing people come together in marriage. I don't think that dance/hip hop music is the best way to glorify him, his name and his house.

Take me for instance. I'm a huge heavy metal head. I love metal but you'll never catch me playing anything of it's kind in God's house. Why? it's irreverent and something you just don't do.

I ain't telling people how to worship or follow God. But I can say, that if I was in the congregation that day. I would have got up and left the building until they were finished.

...and that is why there are different denominations. The worship comes from the heart and the intent. Visit some AME churches and you will see a spirit of worship very different from yours. Not wrong...just different.

bcwood
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 11:28 PM
I think the "singing God" would enjoy that (see Zephaniah 3:17).

I wish I could do mine over.

Pandora-11
Sat Jul 25th, 2009, 11:52 PM
I get where you're coming from Pandora, being a musician myself I know it all comes from the heart and spirit, I get it wholeheartedly. I just don't like it.

Yeah I know there are many other churches(charismatics and pentacostals) that are very vocal when they sing. But I'm a Seventh-day Adventist and I don't do that. I'm ultra traditional, when it comes to music in the sanctuary I'm either all hymns or very religious classical music. I don't even like contemporary christian music played in the sanctuary.

It's just how I am wired Pandora, can never change it when it comes to church.

I understand that. I would hope that you wouldn't walk out of their wedding. I've visited all kinds of churches: Catholic, Jewish temples, Buddhist monasteries, Assembly of God, Pentecostal, and all of the mainstream Protestant ones. Some of them didn't sit well with me, but I sat fascinated by how each of them chose to worship as they did. Could I agree with everything?...no, not for me, but the respect for how they did choose to worship was important. Each of them had something of value. Thank God we don't have to follow a ritualistic Pharisee-like playbook. I say "Major on the major things and minor on the minor."
(Hey....7th Day Adventist in not one I've visited yet. I'd just like to visit them all....and at the end of the day....I'm Presbyterian:))

Keepitgreen
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 12:06 AM
My god, your god, his god, who cares..
His holy house, your house, her house, the shit house, who cares..

Just live your freakin life or don't..
I could give a rats ass about the religion shit.. everyone hates the other and it will always be like that so piss on them all!

Hi11Zone
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 04:26 AM
I won't have that issue im not havin my weddin in a church. nothin aaginst it. Im a christian myself. for what i have planned a church wont work. Awsome non the less.

Bueller
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 06:30 AM
BK the only thing I can say is :roll:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Love it!!!

Call me the world's biggest mushy dork, but I always cry at weddings.:cry::lol:

I give the choreography a :up:

Your the world's biggest mushy dork!

:D

Bueller
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 07:34 AM
You are assuming that God was offended. Do you know what God is thinking. God probably enjoyed the show like the rest of us.

That is assuming there is a God.

King Nothing
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Eventhough Dave is being a dick, I agree with his last comment. God enjoyed the show as a celebration of the love those two people share for each other. This could go on and on and get super theological, but there isn't a need for that.

Yes, Dave. There is a God. If you're living like there isn't, you had better be right. ;)

King Nothing
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Thank God for different denominations. TBK's attitude towards celebration and praise would make me never step foot in a church building.

DevilsTonic
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 09:07 AM
That is the coolest thing I've ever seen done for a wedding. Good for them. You can't help but smile and rock out with them. ;)

sugarrey
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I have a feeling that this is not the place to argue religion. :crazy:

Chilly
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Holy crap! A post from Chilly!

*bows*

I don't think it is an argument of religion, but more an argument of worship. We all have ways of showing awe toward Deity, but what we do is our own way of showing Deity we love Him?

Think
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 01:54 PM
It's amazing what some people can get upset over. But we can't please everyone, can we.

Obviously the church was fine with the ceremony since they allowed it to happen. Obviously everyone was having a good time and it wasn't another boring ceremony.

I bet God was laughing his ass off and tipping his hat for something that creative, energetic, and fun.

I don't know what God is thinking, or if he was or wasn't offended by it. But based on what the Bible has to say about how you should conduct yourself in a temple(churches being modern day temples). To me it wasn't the most appropriate actions to be displaying in a church. Even Jesus, when he saw what was going on in his Father's temple became angered by the fact that people were trading, gambling and using the temple as a general market place to conduct business. Which is why he knocked over tables and so forth and rebuked them for their actions on how they were treating his Father's house.

Is God happy when we marry? Absolutely. Would he prefer that we show his house a little respect, according to the Bible, most definitely.
So you're equating a choreographed dance down the aisle with people gambling? A wedding is a celebration and this one was definitely conducted as such. But nah, let's just say fuck creativity and fun and do the same shit over and over again, that's what makes every wedding special, isn't it? :roll:

DevilsTonic
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Considering that I don't believe in God....there's nothing wrong with doing what they did. I would do the same!!

Bueller
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Eventhough Dave is being a dick, I agree with his last comment. God enjoyed the show as a celebration of the love those two people share for each other. This could go on and on and get super theological, but there isn't a need for that.

Yes, Dave. There is a God. If you're living like there isn't, you had better be right. ;)
I am not being a dick! You are a douche! :lol:

King Nothing
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I hope TBK NEVER goes to an African church. They sing and dance all over the place. His head asplode!

Pandora-11
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I don't know what God is thinking, or if he was or wasn't offended by it. But based on what the Bible has to say about how you should conduct yourself in a temple(churches being modern day temples). To me it wasn't the most appropriate actions to be displaying in a church. Even Jesus, when he saw what was going on in his Father's temple became angered by the fact that people were trading, gambling and using the temple as a general market place to conduct business. Which is why he knocked over tables and so forth and rebuked them for their actions on how they were treating his Father's house.

Is God happy when we marry? Absolutely. Would he prefer that we show his house a little respect, according to the Bible, most definitely.

Jason,

The reason that Jesus knocked over the tables in the temple was not because the money-changers were there,.... it was because they were cheating the pilgrims who were coming to worship by offering a rate of exchange for their money at abominably high rates. The act of lying and cheating foreigners was the impetus. He had no problem with the other stuff.

My .02 from studies and courses I've taken.:)

The Black Knight
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Fine forget I mentioned anything about it. I'm not going to argue with you people, believe however the hell you want, your lives, your churches.

Pandora-11
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Jason,

No one is faulting you for wanting to have a respectful place of worship. Just trying to explain why we're not offended by the wedding.

dapper
Sun Jul 26th, 2009, 07:15 PM
At least once, I was distracted at the Westminster Abbe by a beautiful homo sapien and was 'corrected' because of the location.

Hey, ____ made it for the purpose of enjoyment.

If our _____ works, use them.

We shouldn't take life so seriously. This wedding was about the two becoming one, so to speak. Looked like a fun time.

WHTEVO
Wed Jul 29th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Haha that's great!

Mental
Wed Jul 29th, 2009, 10:06 PM
The only recorded instance of Jesus laughing, dancing and drinking was at a wedding. In fact, his first miracle, was turning water to wine, so the party could continue.

God desires Mercy, not Obedince

Zoom
Wed Jul 29th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Everything else aside, that was awesome and looked like it was an absolute blast! I bet those two stay together for quite sometime, because they don't take themselves too seriously.

I went to my dear friend's wedding back in September. They saved it for the reception, but they had a dual-choreographed entrance dance for themselves, it was absolutely fantastic. Everyone was laughing and cheering and it made it eminently memorable for everyone, instead of just waiting for the intro so we could have cake.

The Black Knight
Thu Jul 30th, 2009, 04:48 PM
The only recorded instance of Jesus laughing, dancing and drinking was at a wedding. In fact, his first miracle, was turning water to wine, so the party could continue.

God desires Mercy, not Obedince
Well Jesus did enjoy the wedding however, he turned water in "new" wine(meaning fresh from the cluster or grape cluster). So no he didn't created wine you're thinking of. He created grape juice. As was with the passover, with his disciples when he told them he wouldn't drink with them until he returned and then he would drink the new wine with them.

Jesus never created fermented wine, nor did he ever drink it.

God doesn't want obedience? Odd, Christ must have been rambling when he said, "if you love me, keep my commandments." Sounds like a request for obedience??

zetaetatheta
Thu Jul 30th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Well Jesus did enjoy the wedding however, he turned water in "new" wine(meaning fresh from the cluster or grape cluster). So no he didn't created wine you're thinking of. He created grape juice. As was with the passover, with his disciples when he told them he wouldn't drink with them until he returned and then he would drink the new wine with them.

Jesus never created fermented wine, nor did he ever drink it.

God doesn't want obedience? Odd, Christ must have been rambling when he said, "if you love me, keep my commandments." Sounds like a request for obedience??

Holy shit, grape juice...why in the hell didn't they drink water.....Let's go party and drink some Welsh's--rock on. Why in the hell doesn't the bible say grape juice, after all the bible was written and rewritten by men. King James wanted it his way as did the Catholic church. The problem with bible thumpers is their way is the only way. Worshiping a book that justifies hatred, divisiveness, vengeance, and killing in the name of Christ is IMO BullShit! Now lets go kill someone different than us because God sure as hell didn't create them sumbitches.

It's just an FN wedding, let them have some fun before the misery sets in:(

Pandora-11
Thu Jul 30th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Holy shit, grape juice...why in the hell didn't they drink water.....Let's go party and drink some Welsh's--rock on. Why in the hell doesn't the bible say grape juice, after all the bible was written and rewritten by men. King James wanted it his way as did the Catholic church. The problem with bible thumpers is their way is the only way. Worshiping a book that justifies hatred, divisiveness, vengeance, and killing in the name of Christ is IMO BullShit! Now lets go kill someone different than us because God sure as hell didn't create them sumbitches.

:wtf::rolleyes:gulp!

Bueller
Thu Jul 30th, 2009, 05:58 PM
:wtf::rolleyes:gulp!
Still waiting for the lightning for saying worse :)

after all the bible was written and rewritten by men. King James wanted it his way as did the Catholic church. The problem with bible thumpers is their way is the only way. Worshiping a book that justifies hatred, divisiveness, vengeance, and killing in the name of Christ is IMO BullShit!

Exactakaly

Pandora-11
Thu Jul 30th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Still waiting for the lightning for saying worse:imwithstupid: :) edit

Exactakaly

Dave,
Don't start with me! I'm calling for lightening as you sit there.:banghead::no::twisted::horse:

The Black Knight
Thu Jul 30th, 2009, 08:42 PM

I don't know man, I don't think Welsh's was around yet. ;)

Seriously though, if you don't know the significance of grape juice as being "new" then, there's no need in my explaining it to you.

zetaetatheta
Thu Jul 30th, 2009, 09:23 PM
I don't know man, I don't think Welsh's was around yet. ;)

Seriously though, if you don't know the significance of grape juice as being "new" then, there's no need in my explaining it to you.

My point is the word "new" is a word made up by fanatics that were trying to sell their POV and point to the evils of alcohol. It is you, I'm afraid that doesn't understand.

The Black Knight
Thu Jul 30th, 2009, 10:00 PM
My point is the word "new" is a word made up by fanatics that were trying to sell their POV and point to the evils of alcohol. It is you, I'm afraid that doesn't understand.
No I understand full and well what the scriptures say. Either old or new testament alcohol is talked about in both. Proverbs is full of verses about staying away from alcohol. One that comes to mind is:

Prov. 20:1, Wine is a mocker, Strong drink is a brawler, And whoever is led astray by it is not wise.

zetaetatheta
Thu Jul 30th, 2009, 10:28 PM
No I understand full and well what the scriptures say. Either old or new testament alcohol is talked about in both. Proverbs is full of verses about staying away from alcohol. One that comes to mind is:

Prov. 20:1, Wine is a mocker, Strong drink is a brawler, And whoever is led astray by it is not wise.

But is it a sin? All that says if you get drunk you act stupid. Agree 100%

The Black Knight
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 04:18 PM
But is it a sin? All that says if you get drunk you act stupid. Agree 100%
Well I think Zeta, the way God puts it and the way the Bible reads. Is that no, drinking or consuming any liquid just because it's a liquid is bad. It's the affect it has on you and your personality, character and way your mind functions is what God is warning about. And while drinking alcohol may not be listed as the most aweful sin, it is spoken in the Bible as being something to avoid(in several places not just in Psalms or Proverbs but in Romans, Acts and Corinthians all over really) because of what it changes you into.

I believe that's what God is warning against. The fact that when you consume it, it changes you. Regardless if it's one beer or a keg, it changes you. If you feel that you need just one beer to loosen up a bit, then yes it has changed you. Now we could go back and forth on whether or not it's good or bad because it made your day easier. But the point is, when you consume alot of it, it changes who you are and thus letting your guard down and leading you to possibly commit more sin. You become more susceptible to bad influence with your thoughts inebriated and your guard down.

Then there's the obvious health issues with alcohol consumption. Whether you drink casually or slam some every night, you're damaging your liver and kidneys. Now, one can argue that coffee or soda pop damage the kidneys as well. But alcohol being of much higher potency, damages your organs and body quicker. You know, no one has ever been told, "hey if you don't quick drinking Coca Cola, you'll never get to watch your kids grow up.", most the time the Doctor say's "drink more water" and that's the end of it. But I know of more then a few people who've been told by doctors that if you they don't give up drinking alcohol altogether they won't see their children become adults. So you can't deny it's potency and strength can you??

So I hope that's a bit of an explanation in short. I mean if you really wanted to hash it out, we could go by verse by verse and examine what the Bible says completely on the subject.

Pandora-11
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 05:15 PM
Jason,
My mother who is almost 78 years old, the granddaughter of a Baptist minister, church pianist for 30 years, and a staunch reader of the Bible, saw this video and replied...."OH, what fun!"
Not trying to change your mind....just saying.

dapper
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 07:23 PM

:harrrrr:

I see there is now a 21st Century King James Edition. Whoa! I better go out and get the 1st Edition hard back :lol:
Will the author be there to sign it?

Check-out "Free Will" in the wikipedia =
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/FreeWillTaxonomy2.svg/800px-FreeWillTaxonomy2.svg.png
3 rings will take it's natural course if the dude is a wimp:
engagement ring
wedding ring
suffering

The Black Knight
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 07:56 PM
Jason,
My mother who is almost 78 years old, the granddaughter of a Baptist minister, church pianist for 30 years, and a staunch reader of the Bible, saw this video and replied...."OH, what fun!"
Not trying to change your mind....just saying.
That's nice Pandora, I showed it to my dad who's a 4th gen SDA(making me the 5th gen SDA) and he didn't care for it. He was also a deacon in a church back in the 80's, has done several Revelation Seminar and evangelism studies on the bible with people. He's the only one(aside from my Grandmother) who's knowledge of the Bible eclipses my own and not saying that to be a jerk, just when it comes to the Bible, we know what we're talking about.

salsashark
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 08:08 PM
You can all stop arguing now... the party's over (http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1918152)

The Black Knight
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 08:24 PM
You can all stop arguing now... the party's over (http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1918152)
A courtroom, now that's a way more appropriate place to do that in. :applause:

they get a :up: this time

dapper
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 08:27 PM
I've never have been so offended of the complete and total lack for respect of the court room, the gown and the LAW.

:p