PDA

View Full Version : Bogging AGAIN

haywood jablome
Thu Jul 17th, 2003, 09:19 AM
Ok so my bike is bogging down again. Never quits. I have an apt at Co powersports denver on the 24th of July. This will be the second time they have looked at my bike for the same problem. Anyone have any clue what it might be? I get this bogging when i hit the throtle, then it kicks like a donkey(just like Loopty) I am getting sick of this problem. What can i do? What can i look at? Anyone help? Beer would be involved!!!!!!. I WANT A 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Thu Jul 17th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Gotta be fuel delivery I think. Or some severely jacked up ignition. Something with pre-combustion and combustion phase of the engine.

We've all been hearing some horror stories about CPS lately related to service, you sure you want to take it to them? I'd suggest TFOG or TK, both places will probably do it better.

Hoopty
Thu Jul 17th, 2003, 09:45 AM
To hell with CO powersports, take it over to the guys at TFOG. They'll actually FIX the problem, I bet they could get you in ASAP and they'll prolly charge you half as much. :up: 303 216 2400, ask for Scott.

haywood jablome
Thu Jul 17th, 2003, 10:41 AM
They can get me in Monday and its like $55/hour I think i will go there. Yeah Co Powersports kinda pissed me off. Said it was going to be like $100 then ended up being like $180 WOW i said. I am going to go to TFOG!! They sounded very intrested in the problem. Ralph, you said fuel delivery you think i should send some Fuel cleaner though it?

Anonymous
Thu Jul 17th, 2003, 11:05 AM
You can try that, but really I'd just let TFOG take a crack at it. They won't jerk you around, and will probably spot the problem very quickly.

Never underestimate the power of a real good mechanic! :up:

Hoopty
Thu Jul 17th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Chad, taking your bike to a "stealership" is only gonna piss you off and cost you alot of money, and they prolly won't even fix the problem. I've learned this the hard way, sounds like you're already learning. :| Take it to a shop that actually cares about their customers, TFOG is one of these shops. They do mostly race bike stuff, so you know their work is gonna get done, and done right. There's a reason everyone on here recommends using them. :up: