PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions for ya....

Nbot
Sun Mar 6th, 2005, 08:10 PM
So, I've got a good deal on a used XT Ultra laptimer that I need to mount up to my 2000 SV650. Apparently the rules say that the "eye" unit must be mounted to the tail....my question is should I send the unit back to XT for them to sauter on a 6' cable ($10+shipping) so that I can mount the receiver near the tach, or should I just stuff the "receiver" (the part w/ the read out and buttons) under the tail so I don't get distracted while doing track time?

The GECCO
Sun Mar 6th, 2005, 08:19 PM
You can mount your transponder eye anywhere you want. What the rules refer to is the MRA scoring transponder.

Lel
Sun Mar 6th, 2005, 08:53 PM
like glenn said, you can mount your personal timer anywhere you want, the tail section is for the red transponders.

Get the XT!!! other timers out there (like the micron) suck.

Nbot
Sun Mar 6th, 2005, 09:40 PM
ohhhh....so that is what the $75 "transponder fee" is for when signing up for the MRA huh?....If that's so I see, I didn't know the MRA used those for scoring......So do people put both of them on the back? I'll have to check the clearance on the top of the fairings to even see if the "eye" would clear the clipons....aren't those two places where most people put them?

Oh yeah, and I did get the XT Ultra...$150 shipped to me off the WERA bbs...

The GECCO
Mon Mar 7th, 2005, 05:18 PM
I made a little bracket for mine that lets the "eye" hang down from the bolts where the mirrors used to be. Nothing blocks it's sight line and the best part is it's a cinch to switch it from side to side!

Nbot
Mon Mar 7th, 2005, 09:50 PM
nice thinking Gecco...if you're pic handy would you throw up a pic for reference?