PDA

View Full Version : bike wreck C470/Ken Caryl??

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Just heard real briefly on the news that C470 in the Ken Caryl area is shut down due to a wreck involving three cars and a motorcycle... Any word on this? I can't find it on any of the web sites yet....

Zach929rr
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I can see c4 out my window... traffic is at a crawl. I'll see if I can get a better view outside.

Zach929rr
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Apparently 8 cars and 1 bike... 1 dead :(

No traffic is coming south from Bowles. C4 appears to be shut down in the south/eastbound direction.

Driving to check it out.

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Yuck...still haven't heard any updates on the news.... the banner across the top of 9News just says it is closed due to three vehicle accident....

Zach929rr
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 06:01 PM
C470 is shut down in both directions. Wreck is just a little bit south of Ken Caryl. Couldn't get close enough to snap some pics, but there were at least 15 Jeffcos + amb + fire out there.

News said motorcycle rider died. RIP rider.

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 06:27 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=120264&catid=339

Valguard
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 06:27 PM
rip

puckstr
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 06:33 PM
rip rider

Mac020
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Bad news!

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Update:
http://www.9news.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=120264&catid=346

RIP rider

McVaaahhh
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:34 AM
RIP Rider. :(

Sully
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:40 AM
:( Sad news..RIP.. I wonder if the kid was texting while driving or what ???

Vehicle 1
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:41 AM
RIP

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Yeah...I was wondering the same thing Sully. Bad situation all the way around it sounds. One of those freak incidents that there is no getting out of if you're riding...ick

MetaLord 9
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:43 AM
RIP rider.

73 years old and killed in a freak accident. Man. When it's your time, it's your time I guess.

Zach929rr
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I have a hard time believing that a driver would lose control of a vehicle by hitting a delineation post when acohol/drugs aren't believed to be involved.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I have a hard time believing that a driver would lose control of a vehicle by hitting a delineation post when acohol/drugs aren't believed to be involved.
Lord only knows Zach... speed and the angle he hit at are gonna make a huge difference. For all we know he only hit it at the very corner of the car forcing him to spin around? :dunno:
Regardless, someone lost his life and a very young kid is responsible for it. He's gonna have to live with that forever. I just hope it wasn't due to something stupid.

asp_125
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:52 AM

Distracted by phone/text, eating, or could've been that heavy rain causing hydroplaning, or just a kid not paying attention. It might come out after the investigation. I was following an Accord home yesterday and the driver was drifting in and out of his lane, halfway into the painted center median. I pass him and yup, he was texting. :banghead: I give him "the stare" and put him behind me... didn't do a thing, still texting.

Matty
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:54 AM
that sux..... R.I.P. to the rider.

Zach929rr
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Sigh. I certainly hope that another rider's life wasn't taken by an impatient action like texting. There definitely wasn't enough rain down here at that time to cause any car issues. I got too many calls yesterday from people seeing if I was alive... made me stop and think about the usual for a minute.

Ricky
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:57 AM

The driver was 19... If he drifted off the road into the median, he probably didn't have the experience in driving, or know how to get out of that situation. Likely overcorrected and ended up where he didn't want to be.

RIP rider :(

TurboGizzmo
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Distracted by phone/text, eating, or could've been that heavy rain causing hydroplaning, or just a kid not paying attention. It might come out after the investigation. I was following an Accord home yesterday and the driver was drifting in and out of his lane, halfway into the painted center median. I pass him and yup, he was texting. :banghead: I give him "the stare" and put him behind me... didn't do a thing, still texting.

If/when i have kids and they get old enough to driver they are getting a stick shift and not a new fancy one, a old school one where your hands and feet are always busy...if they can eat, text and talk on the phone with that then they have skillz

RIP rider.

Sully
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:59 AM
I can understand the hydroplaning for sure... but I've noticed lately that people are doing everything else in their car BUT DRIVING ! ... Talking or texting on their phone, eating, applying makeup, shaving, dealing with their kids, etc... It's really irritating !! :rant:

TFOGGuys
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Related:

Texting while driving increase crash risk up to 23 times (http://www.crn.com/mobile/218700099;jsessionid=VOAFLTKLMIX3KQSNDLRSKH0CJUNN2 JVN)

RIP Rider.

Horsman
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I can understand the hydroplaning for sure... but I've noticed lately that people are doing everything else in their car BUT DRIVING ! ... Talking or texting on their phone, eating, applying makeup, shaving, dealing with their kids, etc... It's really irritating !! :rant:

Amen Sista.... I getting tired of it
Put down the phone, put away your make-up, get the dog off of your lap, get a straw for that beer and put the nose candy into the glove compartment people. RIP RIDER... poor guy - getting tired of hearing riders going down because of stupid drivers... I think all Drivers should be made to take the MSF course instead of getting their license from the office vending machine with the Processed Beef sticks!!!

Devaclis
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I kicked the window of a blue Itchypussy Eclipse on the way to lunch today. The driver was texting on her blackberry and came into my lane, pushing me towards an oncoming bus. Car behind me was on my ass. Nowhere to go. She had the fucking nerve to yell at me at the next light. I told her to pull over at hte next exit and we will discuss her being an asshole. Fucking people.

sugarrey
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I kicked the window of a blue Itchypussy Eclipse on the way to lunch today. The driver was texting on her blackberry and came into my lane, pushing me towards an oncoming bus. Car behind me was on my ass. Nowhere to go. She had the fucking nerve to yell at me at the next light. I told her to pull over at hte next exit and we will discuss her being an asshole. Fucking people.

Good for you. People that put your life at risk deserve to told how much of fucking idiots they are. She or he for that matter should feel lucky that an auto bitch-slap is all that transpired.

And people who are texting while driving should have their license suspended, immediately!

Devaclis
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Ya know, I ride every day. I ride everywhere. I do not have a car. I am usually pretty observant and I do ride aggressively. But I have had a few instances where I have had people come at me on purpose. Witnesses around, clear as day, assaulting me with their vehicles. NO ONE is going convince me that if I am nearly taken out that I should be the bigger man and let it slide. "Accidents happen" is not an excuse in my book. You hit me, nearly hit me, swerve at me, or make me feel like my life is in danger and I am going to get physical with you. I am not as nice as some of the people here who would give you kudos for "letting it go" or just waving and thanking the idiot for not killing me. YOU can let it go, if it makes you feel good.

64BonnieLass
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Did she pull over? Or did you just scare the bejesus outta her?

Devaclis
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 01:39 PM
She did not pull over. She stopped screaming at me and rolled up her window. The man in the car behind her was yelling at her and flipping her off the whole time.

Sleev
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 01:44 PM
ugh,sad story. poor guy

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Tragic. RIP rider.:cry:

Quote: "CSP does not suspect alcohol or drugs to be a contributing factor."

Now, why do they say this when almost always they say if a bike crashes that speed was suspected as a factor, or that alcohol and drugs were suspected also?

MetaLord 9
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Tragic. RIP rider.:cry:

Quote: "CSP does not suspect alcohol or drugs to be a contributing factor."

Now, why do they say this when almost always they say if a bike crashes that speed was suspected as a factor, or that alcohol and drugs were suspected also?
They also didn't say anything about speed being a factor.

Sometimes accidents are accidents and the only way to avoid them is to realize how easy it can be to get in one. God be with the rider and the driver.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 03:11 PM
They also didn't say anything about speed being a factor.

Sometimes accidents are accidents and the only way to avoid them is to realize how easy it can be to get in one. God be with the rider and the driver.

Maybe because the guy was 73 years old and NOT on a sport bike.

puckstr
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Maybe because the guy was 73 years old and NOT on a sport bike.

When I am 73 I will be on a Sport Bike....Granted it may have 3 wheels

sugarrey
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Im sure I'm gonna get a rash of shit for this. But here it goes.

I think it all has to do with how "sportbike" riders behave on roadways. I would say that 90% of sportbike riders that I come across/see on the streets drive like dick-weeds. Going to fast, showing off, trying to be cool whatever you want to call it, especially around other bikes. So as much as I hate to say it, I agree that most sportbike riders are overly-aggressive for sure. I am not completely blame-less here but I rarely ever drive unsafe.

Really think about, and then respond with your opinion. I dont think im that far off.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Im sure I'm gonna get a rash of shit for this. But here it goes.

I think it all has to do with how "sportbike" riders behave on roadways. I would say that 90% of sportbike riders that I come across/see on the streets drive like dick-weeds. Going to fast, showing off, trying to be cool whatever you want to call it, especially around other bikes. So as much as I hate to say it, I agree that most sportbike riders are overly-aggressive for sure. I am not completely blame-less here but I rarely ever drive unsafe.

Really think about, and then respond with your opinion. I dont think im that far off.

:imwithstupid:

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I don't think that a lot of people are going to disagree with you sugarrey. I don't know that it is THAT high of a percentage...but yeah, same principle.