PDA

View Full Version : So how many super heros are there on here?

Tipys
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 10:34 PM
So how many have said yes to donate life(Organ Donor)? Some say its not an easy subject to talk about. But what I have been throw makes it really easy for me. Being a lot of people call sportbike riders Organ Donors. I was wondering how many of you really are?

If you want some cool info or just want to know how you can become one. Click here: http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

Also for those of you who don't know me here is some info about why I posted this. I had a heart transplant 11years ago and would not be here with out it. So I have a super hero save my life.

Spiderman
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 10:47 PM
:hibye: Have been for quite a few years now.

longrider
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 11:05 PM
I have been for as long as I can remember. When my time comes I hope I can help somebody live.

ChrisCBX
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 11:13 PM
:hibye: Have been for quite a few years now.

Me too also.:)

Captain Obvious
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I used to be. But after I started riding, I heard several off hand comments from medical personal about donor cycles, etc, etc and did some soul searching. I begin to feel like I might not get the same medical care if I came into an ER as a donor and could be harvested as if I was not and there was nothing to gain if I died.

At what price does one person life outweigh multiple? So, no, I am not a superhero. I'm more like Hancock.

But I will re-register eventually, I have no moral/religious issues, just trust issues. Ask my ex-wife.

One thing that does piss me off is even though I have donated blood numerous time, I still have to pay the same price as a person who is fully able but opts to only receive blood.

Tipys
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Complete edit: John if it is complete trust issues. Then here is a simple thing you can regester without ever getting the heart on your DL. So any first responder wouldn't even know weither you were one or not. Just when you renew your DL just say no then sign up online. This way the only way they would know is in a death or very near death. I also do not know one person that is going to let someone die infront of them if they can help it.

MikeG
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 11:32 PM
I am for sure, growing up my mom worked for mile high transplant bank. It was something I liked since I was young. "don't take your organs to heaven, heaven knows we need them here"

Captain Obvious
Mon Jul 27th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Complete edit: John if it is complete trust issues. Then here is a simple thing you can regester without ever getting the heart on your DL. So any first responder wouldn't even know weither you were one or not. Just when you renew your DL just say no then sign up online. This way the only way they would know is in a death or very near death. I also do not know one person that is going to let someone die infront of them if they can help it.

Yes, you did do a complete edit. :) Like I said, I was. When I was serving and remained when I worked patrol. But I saw and heard enough things that made me feel like I would be better served to remove myself from the list. The issue is more inside the ER than on scene. And when I felt that my life was at a higher risk on a day to day basis, I gladly was registered. But due to personal experiences, my trust was lost when it came to motorcycling, so once I became a "citizen" again, and motorcycling was my highest risk activity, I un-donored myself.

So yes, it is/was a trust issue in direct association with riding sport bikes.

BHeth
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 05:53 AM
When I kick they can grab whatever they need and burn the rest. If you need anything while I am still alive, like marrow, just let me know.

Ceez
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 05:56 AM
+1...take whatever you need when I kick the bucket, and be sure to bury me ass up so you have a place to park your bike!

mtnairlover
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 07:59 AM
The thought of my own death used to freak me out like you have no idea. I'd have really bad anxiety attacks when I was a teen. But, I too have that little red heart on my DL, because I really don't need to take anything with me when I go.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 08:06 AM
I've got the red heart on my license too, and have spoken to my family on a number of occasions (since they are ultimately the ones that will give the yes/no on the issue).

Nick_Ninja
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I have a DNR along with the little red heart.

asp_125
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Immortality.. yes!! :up: :D

I have been a donor even before motorcycles.

Shea
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 08:33 AM

Ditto. I don't need the stuff when I'm gone and if I can help someone else out, so much the better.

MetaLord 9
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 08:40 AM
As long as they don't take the parts that make me pretty, so I can have an open casket and people can see how gorgeous I am one last time, i don't really care too much. :D

Hell, I've already donated one ball to Gene so he can be a little more manly, and look what happened: Baby! :D :D :D

Snowman
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 08:44 AM
I have it in my will and on my license for them to take whatever is salvageable. (Good luck to them, I’m sure it will be a mess)

I personally have never had a issues with the idea of death, the idea of what it will be lie to die is a bit more interesting. I’m hoping for more of a slow dieing process like freezing or bleeding out so I can have the full experience.

mecham
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Immortality.. yes!! :up: :D

ditto!

puckstr
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 09:05 AM
No casket for moi. I vote for a coffee can from Ralphs (or a large martini shaker)

I am a donor and have been for many years.

http://dudespaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/walterwithfolgerscanofdonnysashes.jpg

MetaLord 9
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I have it in my will and on my license for them to take whatever is salvageable. (Good luck to them, I’m sure it will be a mess)

I personally have never had a issues with the idea of death, the idea of what it will be lie to die is a bit more interesting. I’m hoping for more of a slow dieing process like freezing or bleeding out so I can have the full experience.
I kinda think of it as the opposite of falling. Falling is fine, it's the sudden stop that sucks. Death is fine, it's the dying that sucks.

For me, as long as I have the opportunity to say goodbye to those who have meant the most to me, and to make as much peace with my maker as I can on this side of the equation, guess I can't ask for much more!

MetaLord 9
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I am a donor and have been for many years.
If you die first, can I get your massive pecks?

puckstr
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 09:10 AM
If you die first, can I get your massive pecks?

I wish I could quit you:cry:

Mental
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Anything left in me that is of use, take it, anything thats broken or busted, donate to a medical school. Been an organ donor since I turned 18. Made sur eits on my liscence, in my will and every relative knows. I have no intention of leaving a good looking corspe. I plan on going through those pearly gates backwards, tires screeching, on fire in a swedish supercar.*

*liberally borrowed from Top Gear

Mel
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I fully support it....bad things happen....if something happens to me, I would rather donate what I can to help someone in need than be selfish and live like a vegetable.

When my god daughter passed away suddenly at 15 months old, she was able to save several other childrens lives. It's an amazing thing to do.

Wyck
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Have the heart, on the bone marrow registry, and have donated blood even though it is extremely difficult for me.

DevilsTonic
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I'm a donor, but I feel sorry for anyone that gets my cold black heart when i'm gone. :)

Supa77
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 10:58 AM
As long as they don't take the parts that make me pretty, so I can have an open casket and people can see how gorgeous I am one last time, i don't really care too much. :D

Hell, I've already donated one ball to Gene so he can be a little more manly, and look what happened: Baby! :D :D :D

Donor as well. Maybe I can just keep that ball rolling Chris!

MetaLord 9
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Donor as well. Maybe I can just keep that ball rolling Chris!
family heirloom? :dunno:

Ricky
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:25 AM
I've always been an organ donor. I'm glad to help someone else out once I no longer need my stuff. Besides, I plan to be cremated when I go, so why let that stuff go to waste?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 02:03 PM
If I don't have an organ, can I donate a piano instead?:)

I dunno, I'm always reminded of that Monty Python skit where they come to take the organs while the guy is still USING them......

I guess I need to put the DNR on my license though......

Ricky
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I'm a donor, but I feel sorry for anyone that gets my cold black heart when i'm gone. :)

That's so sweet of you! :lol:

Horsman
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I have a big heart on my license!!! Don't think for a second I am a nice guy!!! :)

I don't think they can use my liver for anything except for dog food.

puckstr
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 02:34 PM
I have a big heart on my license!!! Don't think for a second I am a nice guy!!! :)

I don't think they can use my liver for anything except for dog food.

There is on refund for an un-USED Liver...only SHAME
:drink:

Zanos
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I am a donor, and I wear a cape on my back... I am a super hero.

dapper
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I am a donor, and I wear a cape on my back... I am a super hero.
Is it a chrome cape?

Lots of ER's consider cyclist 'presumed consent'.
http://www.odt.co.nz/files/story/2008/12/paula_westoby_reveals_her_do_not_resuscitate_tatto _1396244086.JPG

Tipys
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Its good to see how many of us are donors.

Now for those that are wondering, Where the Superhero thing came from. It is from CJ's Story.

http://www.americantransplantfoundation.org/cjgolftourney.html

We heard the whole family story at the Donor Dash and there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

y_merkle
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Its good to see how many of us are donors.

Now for those that are wondering, Where the Superhero thing came from. It is from CJ's Story.

http://www.americantransplantfoundation.org/cjgolftourney.html

We heard the whole family story at the Donor Dash and there wasn't a dry eye in the house.
Their story truely was touching. With all they had been through they are really a strong family. I was honored to photograph there team at the end of the ceremony!
I am and will always be a donor. Hopefully next year we can get more to join us for the Donor Dash. It was a great experiance!

Pandora-11
Tue Jul 28th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Sorry Trevor that I was booked and couldn't help you with this. Let me know how I still can.

.....and I am a superhero too. As others have said, anything I have left that works when I go is up for donation. What the heck am I going to do with it?

I told my family to cremate me, scatter it, and move on.:)

Mental
Wed Jul 29th, 2009, 12:24 AM
If you're gonna post Wonder Woman, I demand full-figured Linda Carter goodness.
http://www.comicbookhotties.com/images/linda-carter/linda-carter.jpg

zetaetatheta
Wed Jul 29th, 2009, 07:04 AM
I wish donors were first in line for transplants, then a lot more folks would sign up. Donor here but my shit is pretty used up.

zetaetatheta
Wed Jul 29th, 2009, 07:04 AM

I have an organ I'd like to donate to her:hump:

Pandora-11
Wed Jul 29th, 2009, 07:10 AM

I figured that I was closer to the cartoon version.:):)

Pandora-11
Wed Jul 29th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I have an organ I'd like to donate to her:hump:
I thought your organs were used up!?http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

zetaetatheta
Wed Jul 29th, 2009, 07:14 AM
I thought your organs were used up!?http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif
Blue pill will take care of that:hump: Mental had a hundred pack, maybe he will give me a few.

rforsythe
Wed Jul 29th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I wish donors were first in line for transplants, then a lot more folks would sign up.

That sorta detracts from the altruistic nature of the thing, ya?

Mental
Wed Jul 29th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Blue pill will take care of that:hump: Mental had a hundred pack, maybe he will give me a few.

Blue pills are for amatuers, I go for the 36 hour version...

zetaetatheta
Wed Jul 29th, 2009, 08:21 AM
That sorta detracts from the altruistic nature of the thing, ya?
It would, but I also believe more organs would be available and after-all isn't that what's needed, more organs.

rforsythe
Wed Jul 29th, 2009, 08:28 AM
It would, but I also believe more organs would be available and after-all isn't that what's needed, more organs.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. IMO it just encourages the "get something for it" mentality which is a pretty big no-no with organ donation. It could also tell people "hey abuse your shit, you're automatically at the top of the list for a new one if you go to this website".