PDA

View Full Version : Goin Ballistic

firefghtr
Thu Jul 17th, 2003, 07:24 PM
I just baught the joe rocket balistic mesh summer jacket. at performance cycle. i love it. it doesnt feal to restricting and lets enough air in. i'm happy.

Hoopty
Fri Jul 18th, 2003, 11:10 AM
There is no alternative for summer riding IMO. I got the one with the leather arms/shoulders, and I LOVE it!!! You can even feel a breeze when you're stopped! :up:

Anonymous
Fri Jul 18th, 2003, 11:49 AM
Mine's a firstgear jacket, but yeah I love it. Last year I had to ride back from the PPIR weekend on Saturday at around 3 (you know, when it was 110 out) and only had my big bulky heavy riding jacket to wear, and no way to strap it on the bike. I almost passed out from the heat. That mesh jacket was there a week later (birthday present) and in hot weather I will not ride without it now.

firefghtr
Fri Jul 18th, 2003, 08:59 PM
ssswwwwwweeeeeeaaatttttttaaaaa! :)

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jul 18th, 2003, 09:54 PM
:up: :up: I have the Phoenix Jacket and Pant system. They are just what The Doctor ordered 8)

BTW --- I have seen the same jacket post 60 mph endo-wheelie-loop and it was pretty much shreaded :twisted: . HOWEVER, the rider was not scratched ---- at least where the jacket was in contact with the body ;)

Ripper
Mon Jul 21st, 2003, 11:51 PM
I got the Fieldsheer last year, and love it, you can get them online for around 90 bucks, I think they're about $100 @ Performance Cycle on Broadway.

It has tons of removal armor, and I think it's more protective than the Joe Rocket version, either way the're great hot weather jackets. That actually serve there purpose. PROTECTION and COMFORT!!!!

Shiner
Tue Jul 22nd, 2003, 03:00 PM
I too have a Fieldsheer Mach 1 air mesh jacket. I like it and it is much cooler than a leather jacket ..etc. On a really hot day at lower speeds the air jacket can still get hot.

The solution! before you ride hose off your air jacket, Yup pour water on it, get it wet, what ever it take. Since they are made of nylon (or similar) they will not soak up much water. Hop on your bike and ride and feel the difference!

It's a swamp cooler and a protective jacket all in one. The only thing is, depending on the outside heat, humidity and your riding speed the coolness will only last about 20 minutes or so.

Try it, you like it..........