PDA

View Full Version : Hey Seattle!!!...we found your rain!

mtnairlover
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 08:57 AM
You can have it back now...

http://www.komonews.com/weather/

We'll take back our "Dog days"...

http://www.9news.com/weather/default.aspx

Wyck
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 10:37 AM
Well Sunday should be nice :)

Tipys
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 11:28 AM
I was starting to think I was in Seattle

mtnairlover
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 11:38 AM
Hmmm...Sunday? Was there supposed to be something going on on Sunday? Memory just fades in and out at this stage of life...or is that just the selective memory...hmmm...thinking...

...wait....

:idea:

I got it!!!

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33700 :D (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33700)

DavidofColorado
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 12:10 PM
Stop with all your rightwing news. We are in the middle of a drought that will last ten years. Then Global Warming takes over and we're screwed. This is straight from my left wing sources.

mtnairlover
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 12:17 PM
lol...wow...so I shut my mouth with all the blabber in the political threads and this is how you find a way to "get me going"...ha, not gonna happen ;-p

How's life in the big D anyhoo?

I kinda liked the rain break we had, but Seattle was seeing a heat wave they haven't seen in several decades and the heat was 20 - 25 degrees above normal for them. This last week was just weird. But, that's Mother Nature, or "global warming" for ya ;-)

DavidofColorado
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 12:22 PM
Global Warming or summer. Which do you think is going tell sell books?
Life is fine. You?
Rain is not the end of the world... its as right as rain. But its nice to get a break once and while.

mtnairlover
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 12:28 PM
Meh...I haven't melted...yet ;-)

Still working on closing on a house/townhome/condo, whatever...just want a contract to stick and want to stop spending money on something where I get nothing in return accept to feel like a big ol' schmuck. Other than that...still keeping fingers crossed...remember, I'm a bull-headed b-i-t-(fill in the rest)...er, girl =D

DavidofColorado
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 12:37 PM
Meh...I haven't melted...yet ;-)

Still working on closing on a house/townhome/condo, whatever...just want a contract to stick and want to stop spending money on something where I get nothing in return accept to feel like a big ol' schmuck. Other than that...still keeping fingers crossed...remember, I'm a bull-headed bi...er, girl =D
Bi huh? Any pics?

I know the only thing worse than dealing with a used car salesman turned Realtor or Mortgage company is sanding the asshole of an alligator in a swamp.

But the benfits outway the sore butt and cramped wrist. I would like to cut out the middle man and go straight to a lender. But most won't tell you that you can and you get charged 10 more points. The realitor is about the only ligit person but they get paid from you one way or another.

Now what are you doing that is costing you money?

mtnairlover
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 12:43 PM
Bi huh? Any pics?

I know the only thing worse than dealing with a used car salesman turned Realtor or Mortgage company is sanding the asshole of an alligator in a swamp.

But the benfits outway the sore butt and cramped wrist. I would like to cut out the middle man and go straight to a lender. But most won't tell you that you can and you get charged 10 more points. The realitor is about the only ligit person but they get paid from you one way or another.

Now what are you doing that is costing you money?

See my edit in my last post...sheesh! I leave out a few letters and people's minds go all stupid.

Anyhoo, what's costing is doing more than one inspection when I think I find a place that'll be worthwhile and then after inspection, realize that the place will need more work than I have $$$ for. I need something that is as in move-in condition as possible. I can do a few things with what I have, but major stuff like remodling two bathrooms, cuz the walls are molded out and nothing is left behind the tile...that's just ridiculous. Oh and then I've spent $$$ on a place that may or may not go FHA and I don't find it out until after I've paid for the inspection...and there's more, but this thread is about the weather that's coming up for the weekend and I'm liking the change back to Summer.

Now, if I could find enough time and one or two willing souls to take another long-ass ride...:)

DavidofColorado
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 12:52 PM
See my edit in my last post...sheesh! I leave out a few letters and people's minds go all stupid.

Anyhoo, what's costing is doing more than one inspection when I think I find a place that'll be worthwhile and then after inspection, realize that the place will need more work than I have $$$ for. I need something that is as in move-in condition as possible. I can do a few things with what I have, but major stuff like remodling two bathrooms, cuz the walls are molded out and nothing is left behind the tile...that's just ridiculous. Oh and then I've spent $$$ on a place that may or may not go FHA and I don't find it out until after I've paid for the inspection...and there's more, but this thread is about the weather that's coming up for the weekend and I'm liking the change back to Summer.

Now, if I could find enough time and one or two willing souls to take another long-ass ride...:)
You should learn to check a few things out for yourself and save the time on the inspection.

Stop highjacking your own thread that is just wrong.

The weather is good today. I think I will do the brakes on my bike and car today. Nothing is worse then trying to work in the sun on a job that can be screwed up very easily. But I am going to wait a few more hours.

I am looking forward to the picnic myself. Maybe a ride Saturday too. But chances are I will be helping my brother move to Saudi Aurora. Weather should be great both days. Weather!

mtnairlover
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 12:58 PM
You should learn to check a few things out for yourself and save the time on the inspection.

That, my dear, is a whole lot easier said than done. No one I know knows that it's a good idea to tap on the tiles on a shower wall. If it sounds hollow and the tiles clink, then that's a sure bet the drywall behind has eroded away.

There are other important things that I can't do on my own that an inspector can...like finding out there's a small gas leak on a furnace and testing the electrical outlets to make sure they are up to code.

Damn straight I'm gonna have a potential home that I will own for 30 years inspected before I buy.

That said...my plans are all just a jumbled mess right now...thinking about riding has over powered my need to continue preparing to move...stupid motorcycles anyway! Lol...:D

DavidofColorado
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 01:15 PM
You don't have to be a rocket surgeon to figure it out. Push on the tiles and if they move they are bad. If the grout is pulling back from the tiles water will get to the wall and rot it out. Plug testers are cheap testers and plug into the outlet and give you a few lights that will tell you what its doing. I don't know about gas leaks but I heard a canary is a good thing to have. You can do this stuff on the walk thru of the place. Long before you have to hirer an inspector.
But everything else you can do without special training. Walk on the roof and check for leaks. Floor tiles missing. Blood stains on the carpet all can be done yourself. Weather permitting.

mtnairlover
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 01:23 PM
lol...nice...keeping it on topic...ya goof.

Yeah...like I said, "not everyone" knows these things. Not common sense, since it takes owning a home to actually have had to deal with these things. All I do now is call the land lord. When I owned with my ex, we always got into places that did not have issues.

Now, walking on a roof would require taking a ladder with me to each and every house I want to look at with my agent...that's not gonna happen. And you don't order an inspection until you've written up a contract and have had that contract accepted...and...you then are given a very short amount of time to get the inspection ordered. Sooo...I'd say...weather-wise, if it's raining and there is a growing puddle on the floor of the house, then there's a roof problem...if sparks fly when you turn on a light switch, then perhaps you have an electrical problem. Bringing a canary? Not practical and just plain silly.

Hmmm...wonder if those clouds over the mountains will keep me home this evening?.....

DavidofColorado
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 02:01 PM
The canery is for the gas leak. If it dies you have a gas leak. Miners used it before technology was there to help them.

You can look at a roof from the street and if the shingles are warping, missing or something out of order looking it may need a closer look. Look for metal sheets and or tar around holes in the roof like for pipes or sunroofs. Those are flashing and made to keep the WEATHER out and around the putrution. You can tell if the place is a POS before entering into a contract. You can do like our realitor does and marry a tradesman just for his blue collar skills.

mtnairlover
Fri Jul 31st, 2009, 02:12 PM
The canery is for the gas leak. If it dies you have a gas leak. Miners used it before technology was there to help them.

Duh...it won't die right away, though. So, you sit in a house for maybe hours on end, maybe days? Not practical.

You can look at a roof from the street and if the shingles are warping, missing or something out of order looking it may need a closer look. Look for metal sheets and or tar around holes in the roof like for pipes or sunroofs. Those are flashing and made to keep the WEATHER out and around the putrution. You can tell if the place is a POS before entering into a contract. You can do like our realitor does and marry a tradesman just for his blue collar skills.

You still need to have an inspector do the report in order to come back at the sellers with a reason why you are countering the offer. It needs to be "official", or it's your word against theirs.

Now, if we're talking at first glance, before the contract is written...yes, there's lots of things you can look at and decide whether it's worth it to write a contract or not and move on. Those things are what I've been doing, but like I said, not everything can be caught by me, which is where the inspector comes in.