PDA

View Full Version : 20k BABY! Woohoo!!!--MC miles that is...

mtnairlover
Sat Aug 1st, 2009, 04:30 PM
So, I was feeling a tad restless and was missing my bike. I know she was missing rev'in her engine. Hadn't been out in 2 weeks. So, I decided to hold off on my weekend cleaning and packing up of stuff and went for a ride.

I knew my baby was getting up there in milage, so I decided to see what kind of riding I'd do today and compare to the end of the day...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/19866miles.jpg

Today was (is still) amazing weather-wise. Just right temps. Even up in the mountains. I did a lil loop. Up hwy34...over to hwy7...down to Lyons. Oh...tee hee. I saw Sean and Chris at the hwy7 and P2P junction and waved. I didn't know it was them until I got down to Lyons. I stopped at that lil park across from Oskar Blues and a few minutes later, there they were. Nice Duke, Chris!

Anyhoo, I decided to go back home taking hwy7 back up to Estes and then took Devil's Gulch Road to hwy34 and down to Loveland. I took a few side roads along the way.

Back up on hwy7, there's a road that takes off to an area called Wild Basin. It's probably the most Eastern edge of RMNP. There's a fee station and then a lake, but I decided to bypass the fee station, cuz I was only passing through. I did stop for a few pix though...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/wildbasinmtnview-1.jpg

After coming out of the Wild Basin area, I stopped along hwy7 at the Longs Peak sign. Ahhh...Colorado skies once again....
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/longspeak-5.jpg

My riding buddy for today wasn't the normal bi-ped, bi-modal type...he had 6 legs and 2 freakishly long antennae....and he loved posing for the camera...
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/ridingbug.jpg

When I finally made it home, I thought I'd double-check my trip meter...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/trip134.jpg

Woohoo! Just enough to top the 20k mark!

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/20001miles.jpg

Yep, that plain Jane...funky looking...sorta sportbike has been with me for over 17,000 miles now in less than 2 years. Time to break out the beer...:drink:

chad23
Sat Aug 1st, 2009, 04:39 PM
I thought you were goingto Denver to ride. how was devils gulch? we drove up there on thursday and they were mowing the edge of the road. They also open the chute to the left and blew everything onto the road. grass, rocks all kinds of shit.

mtnairlover
Sat Aug 1st, 2009, 04:44 PM
Um yeah...lol. Gotta be invited first, dontcha know. I got teased (Jeff texted me yesterday), but no confirmation...so, I did the solo thing.

Anyhoo, Devil's Gulch was fine all the way through. Clean and sunny. I took it nice and slow...just a really nice day for some easy riding at times.:)

chad23
Sat Aug 1st, 2009, 05:45 PM
it was a great day.We did biscuits and gravy today. Sorry I thought you already had plans for today.

mtnairlover
Sat Aug 1st, 2009, 05:50 PM
Funny boys. It's called c-o-m-m-u-n-i-c-a-t-i-o-n...try it some time...it's amazing how clear things become...lol.

I miss biscuits and gravy. And I miss riding with you and the guys. Gonna go cry now :-( Kidding. But, not about riding with you all. Next time you see me post something and this goes for anyone else;-) pick up da phone and call to be sure.

Anyhoo, there's always next time.

I'm glad you guys had a good morning. It really was wonderful out there.

Sully
Sat Aug 1st, 2009, 07:18 PM
Sorry we missed you running up and down 7 :hump:.... spectacular day.. :drool:

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sat Aug 1st, 2009, 07:48 PM
sorry I missed you too. Just ASSUMED you would be there. Maybe why I wrecked!!
So at first I was trying to blame Jeff, but he was way behind me, guess I will blame you for not being my guiding light!!
Alls o.k.

Thank you Chad, mayo, Will and everyone that helped me get my sore ass and bike home.
See ya in a couple weeks, nothing serious, well unless I can fake it so you will come mow my lawn!

Sully
Sat Aug 1st, 2009, 07:49 PM
OH NOOOOOs!!! Glad you're ok Daniel :(

chad23
Sat Aug 1st, 2009, 09:20 PM
Cathy, you are right, you are cooler than I , you are smarter than I and so no and so on.

Daniel I am just glad you are ok. Also happy you didnt need the truck and trailer. that means your bike is fixable

daemon
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 06:34 AM
that means your bike is fixable
and should be fixed by the person responsible....JMO
i'm just as happy you were good to go daniel.

cathy...congrats on the mile marker.
good luck on the mileage contest.
i haven't been putting in my normal mileage this year so that will be one less rung you will have to climb

thatmofo
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 06:36 AM
Thank God it's about the miles on your bike and not your post count! Congrats!

Sean
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 06:50 AM
It was great running into Cathy!

GixxerCarrie
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 06:51 AM
sorry I missed you too. Just ASSUMED you would be there. Maybe why I wrecked!!
So at first I was trying to blame Jeff, but he was way behind me, guess I will blame you for not being my guiding light!!
Alls o.k.

Thank you Chad, mayo, Will and everyone that helped me get my sore ass and bike home.
See ya in a couple weeks, nothing serious, well unless I can fake it so you will come mow my lawn!

Congrats Cathy...

And Daniel you had me so WORRIED yesterday when you texted me...I am so thankful you are ok. I will mow your lawn or feed horses when needed!

mtnairlover
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 07:56 AM
Cathy, you are right, you are cooler than I , you are smarter than I and so no and so on.

Now don't go laying on the bs...I'm gonna get sick to my tummy with all that freakin sugar....sheesh!

Sorry we missed you running up and down 7 :hump:.... spectacular day.. :drool:

Oh yes indeed....:hump:

Um...see my answer to Chad.

But yeah, I'm just glad you're around to laugh and talk about it and already ordering parts.

cathy...congrats on the mile marker.
good luck on the mileage contest.
i haven't been putting in my normal mileage this year so that will be one less rung you will have to climb

Yeah, I don't think I'll come close to what others have been putting on this summer. I was just kinda dumb-founded in a sense the last time I went out riding. I mean when I looked at the counter, I couldn't believe it's been that many miles. I still have another 2800 to go for it to be 20k for me, since I bought the bike with 2800 on it. Anyhoo, it's been a blast so far.:)

Thank God it's about the miles on your bike and not your post count! Congrats!

:lol:

I don't think I'd have that many miles if my post count was that high...I'd be inside all damn day...ewww, parish the thought.

Mental
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 01:57 PM
Cath, you remind me of why I love this obsession of ours so much. Ride on girl!

mtnairlover
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 06:28 PM
It's a passion I'm happy to have and to share.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Congrats! My old girl just turned 47k up here, while I turn 45 tomorrow. Yep, we're both ancient!

mtnairlover
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Hey C_M...I thought your b-day was today...the 4th? Man am I backwards. My daughter's in the 6th...I have another friend who's bday is today, or was that the 6th as well...oh Damn! Guess I'm old too...lol.

CBRSue
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 12:53 PM
20K? Wow!!! Congrats! You're a cruisin' pro with all those miles under your belt. Thanks for sharing the pictures! You always take great pictures. :)

Devaclis
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 12:54 PM
That is awesome chica!!!

mtnairlover
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 12:56 PM
lol...I should add that 17,200 miles to my previous 16,000 on the previous bike...I'd be that much closer to C_M's mileage...lol. Wait, that sounds kinda funky huh? Oh never mind, it's probably just an age thing again...

Mental
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 02:07 PM
...I'd be that much closer to C_M's mileage...

Its not the miles, its the wear

mtnairlover
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Its not the miles, its the wear

And, it's how you got that wear...:eyebrows:

lol...hmmm...maybe better stop while my brain is still more on the clean side.

PROFLYER
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Hey C_M...I thought your b-day was today...the 4th? Man am I backwards. My daughter's in the 6th...I have another friend who's bday is today, or was that the 6th as well...oh Damn! Guess I'm old too...lol.

Mine's the 6th! Missed ya Sat, we all seriously thought you were busy. Well, chad said that, and chad is the starbucks god so we took it as gospel. Anyway, glad you got out at least!

mtnairlover
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Mine's the 6th! Missed ya Sat, we all seriously thought you were busy. Well, chad said that, and chad is the starbucks god so we took it as gospel. Anyway, glad you got out at least!

We'll just have to have a "do-over" :)

You and my daughter on the same day, huh? Yeah, we'll have the do-over and I'll buy your biscuits and gravy...k.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Yep, mine's the 6th, and Carina's is the 9th.....I was actually hoping she would be born on my birthday like my friend's son, but oh well. Lotta Leo's here.:)

mtnairlover
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Ah yes, now I remember....that's why I remember yours and Chuck's bdays...cuz Anja's is the 6th and yours is on the same day and Chuck is today. Got it! Damn, I am getting old. ;-)

BigE
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Congrats Cath!

Gotta admit I was thinkin' you hit 20k on your post count too! :lol:

mtnairlover
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Congrats Cath!

Gotta admit I was thinkin' you hit 20k on your post count too! :lol:

Keep replyin' here and maybe I will.:lol: