PDA

View Full Version : Minibike World Record; Denver to Sturgis

UglyDogRacing
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 12:52 PM
Follow Chris from Grand Prix (aka Sticky296) and Ryan as they attempt to set the minibike world record this week-

http://minibikeworldrecord.com/

chanke4252
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 01:13 PM
Are they going to be riding 2 up?

DavidofColorado
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
Harry and Loyd.

Motodrew
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 01:49 PM
Haha. Oh my. I cant wait to hear more about this...

fullgrownbear
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 01:49 PM
What are they going to do about the problem of driving an unregistered vehicle on an open interstate highway, also the fact that these things are only capable of 40mph?

chanke4252
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 04:03 PM
Harry and Loyd.

They're even coming from colorado! That was probably the best part of that movie.

DavidofColorado
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 04:36 PM
I'm looking forward to this trips outcome too.

Motodrew
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 04:54 PM
I imagine they are sticking to state/ county two lane highways. Who's gonna care out in NE & SD anyhow. :wtf:

Motodrew
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 04:55 PM
They're even coming from colorado! That was probably the best part of that movie.

They were coming from Nebraska to Colorado on the scooter I believe weren't they?

The Black Knight
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 05:52 PM
They were coming from Nebraska to Colorado on the scooter I believe weren't they?
If memory serves me right, they were in Colorado and Lloyd took the wrong turn and ended up in Nebraska. Hence why they said, "that John Denver was sure full of s**t." About the Rocky Mountains being high.

Motodrew
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 06:00 PM
But they were only on the scooter from NE to CO am i right? We got off topic quick. who cares anyhow. ha.

The Black Knight
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 06:36 PM
But they were only on the scooter from NE to CO am i right? We got off topic quick. who cares anyhow. ha.
yeah you're right it's been awhile since I've seen D&D'er. He traded off the van for that scooter HAHA!!

GixxerCarrie
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 09:08 PM
Oh..there is a whole site in their honor..and they are going to make the Guiness Book of World Records....Quite the deal drew. Chris was telling me all about it. I think their asses are going to hurt something furious...lol. But you can tell at anytime where they are at...and its being covered by the discovery channel as well as big hoopla when they get ther at noon. He was pretty stoked. Yamaha even gave 2 new bikes to them to do this.

Motodrew
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 09:32 PM
Please don't take what I said the wrong way. When I stated "who cares anyhow" I was referring to the Dumb & Dumber trivia.

Coming from the midwest myself, I wasn't attempting to poke fun. I really just meant that if they are stopped by authorities in NE or SD they will most likely not give them trouble & wish them safe travels. I'm sure they are taking the necessary precautions & riding safely. Good luck to them both!

chanke4252
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 11:24 PM

something like that. i know aspen was the destination, lol. great movie. i hope they take vids of this.

Samson
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 12:56 AM
Harry and Loyd.

exactly what i was thinking,
keep us updated

GixxerCarrie
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 05:56 AM
Please don't take what I said the wrong way. When I stated "who cares anyhow" I was referring to the Dumb & Dumber trivia.

Coming from the midwest myself, I wasn't attempting to poke fun. I really just meant that if they are stopped by authorities in NE or SD they will most likely not give them trouble & wish them safe travels. I'm sure they are taking the necessary precautions & riding safely. Good luck to them both!

Oh...no offense taken Drew! Im from the midwest too don't forget.:) I just think its cool that we all know someone who is doing this...and Its only 6 1/2 hours regularily to the Black Hills...Sturgis isn't that far off. It will be interesting to see how long it takes them.

DavidofColorado
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 06:05 AM
4 weeks

GixxerCarrie
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 06:12 AM
4 weeks

:spit::pointlaugh:

Devaclis
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 07:36 AM
The fact that Pabst Blue Ribbon is sponsoring this record attempts assures me it will be epic win.

Good luck out there guys. Your ass is going to take a pounding but you will walk away with a great smile on your face.

t_jolt
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 08:06 AM
doing this...and Its only 6 1/2 hours regularily to the Black Hills...Sturgis isn't that far off. It will be interesting to see how long it takes them.

It all depends on which way they go. If they go through custer or not. But 6 1/2 hours is spending doing 80=85 the entire trip. ( I drive it every summer :) ) i hope they have lights on the bikes, as im thinking if they leave at noon, im thinking they will get there around 1 or 2am in the morning, unless they have the modified little pocket bikes that do 65 mph. then there trip will be about 8 -9 hours.

Mother Goose
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 08:29 AM
Jeebus! Isn't Chris a little tall for those? That can't be comfortable.

GixxerCarrie
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 08:31 AM
It all depends on which way they go. If they go through custer or not. But 6 1/2 hours is spending doing 80=85 the entire trip. ( I drive it every summer :) ) i hope they have lights on the bikes, as im thinking if they leave at noon, im thinking they will get there around 1 or 2am in the morning, unless they have the modified little pocket bikes that do 65 mph. then there trip will be about 8 -9 hours.

I do it too...to meet family..I ghing I'm the one doing 80-85...hmm...figure that!

t_jolt
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 09:13 AM
I do it too...to meet family..I ghing I'm the one doing 80-85...hmm...figure that!

where do you have family up there? Got some that actually live 20 mins outside rapid city. Out by johnson's siding.

puckstr
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 09:25 AM
Your ass is going to take a pounding but you will walk away with a great smile on your face.

Scary visual:shocked:

GixxerCarrie
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 10:11 AM
where do you have family up there? Got some that actually live 20 mins outside rapid city. Out by johnson's siding.

I'm from Sioux Falls...and my Dad still lives there...so Its the half way point for us to spend a weekend together. It works really well..for us:)

Devaclis
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 08:58 AM
WeeeeeeeW!!!!!!!

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=ed2c697f-01cd-42d3-9dc0-796b744973ab

puckstr
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 09:14 AM
WeeeeeeeW!!!!!!!

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=ed2c697f-01cd-42d3-9dc0-796b744973ab

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2007/10/Gravity.jpg

GixxerCarrie
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Last words from Chris: It’s worse than I’d ever thought it would be. My kness, my back, my a**. It all hurts.
Ryan: It sucked, the only thing that made it better was staring at Chris’s backside the. whole. way. here

I warned Chris..he looks so funny on that little bike..Wishin you all the luck buddy..Only made it to Cheyenne? OMG.

Sticky 296
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 11:07 AM
The bar has been set and I am a new world record holder. It was a very long couple days, and it sucked way more then words could even explain. This was the true definition of serious monkey butt. Anyways we got some great stories along the way and it was a true-life experience for sure. Our website should have everything from the last couple legs of the trip updated in a few hours. Be sure to check it out!!!!!www.minibikeworldrecord.com (http://www.minibikeworldrecord.com/)

Also we were filmed for a reality show called Full Throttle coming out in Oct. on Tru TV. Be sure to watch for it.

Big thanks to our sponsors---
Grand Prix Motorsports
Sano Systems
T.L.D
Full Throttle Saloon
PBR
Tommy knockers'
Any Data
Gnar Bars
Anti Monkey Butt
Air Hawks
Von Zipper
Rath Imaging
Colorado Computer Aided Drafting
:)

McVaaahhh
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Sweet :up:

Holy hail batman. :shock:

Devaclis
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 11:08 AM
that is awesome Chris! congrats to you guys!!!

Matty
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Chris now hurry up and get back to Denver, i need to pick up a few things.

Oh and congrats on the record.

Sticky 296
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I am back in D-town allready

MetaLord 9
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Congrats mang! That's great!

Matty
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I am back in D-town allready
sweet.. i'll be cruising by the shop later today.

Sticky 296
Thu Aug 20th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Check out the teaser video! The real video will hit in a couple weeks! Keep up to date on everything at www.minibikeworldrecord.com (http://www.minibikeworldrecord.com)

Video link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5zP7flsRhU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5zP7flsRhU)

Enjoy:)

Matty
Thu Aug 20th, 2009, 10:20 PM
nice lil teaser video...

DavidofColorado
Thu Aug 20th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Looks like fun... to watch.