PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on custom painted bikes

BigE
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 04:31 PM
So my son and I were talking about custom painted bikes which made me think of something.
When I see a custom painted Harley or Cruiser I just look at whether or not I think the paint is cool.First thing i think of when I see a custom painted sportbike is...it's been wrecked and repainted.
So any comments??? :)

Tipys
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 04:36 PM
Wrecked and repainted. 90 percent of the time. I also look and see if there are any other kind of show mods. Like polisled frame, wheels, etc

longrider
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 05:01 PM
It can be either way. If it just a different color then I would consider it probably a crash job but if it truly custom, something worthy of the cover of Super Streetbike, then it is what the owner wanted.

BigE
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 05:12 PM
I hear what you're saying but it seems to me that even full custom sportbikes were rebuilt wrecks a lot of the time.

Matrix
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 05:41 PM
Thats a good observation on how it starts. You crash and break a foot peg...the next thing you know you have 20K and countless hours into a show bike. :banghead:

Matty
Sun Aug 2nd, 2009, 06:35 PM
i've had 7 new sportbikes. my newest bike and my first bike are/where the only 2 not to have been custom painted. And the 5 that were had been painted within the first couple of weeks of owning. Not having a chance to have gone down yet.

Not a fan of having the same color as everyone else.

Samson
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 01:03 AM
agreed that a lot of custom bikes were built up from wrecked bikes because then you can customize it from the beginning.
Usually, the bikes that are custom painted to be custom though, have a lot more then just custom paint making them "custom"