Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 08:05 AM
RIP Rider.

Too many already.

Matty
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 08:06 AM
RIP...

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 08:27 AM
One of my co-worker's riding buddies was just killed on his bike yesterday..wonder if this was him.
Regardless... RIP

JustSomeDude
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 09:05 AM
Passing at a high rate of speed and crossing the double-yellow... lovely.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 09:14 AM
And you may make it home. RIP rider.

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=120631&catid=346

Am I supposed to feel sorry for this cretin? RIP.

IT WASN'T ME!
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:27 AM
Tell me that you don't pass at a high rate of speed and pass over the double yellow. You know that you do.

Tipys
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:28 AM
RIP rider

Sleev
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:38 AM
Passing at a high rate of speed and crossing the double-yellow... lovely.
Y, no one in CSC does that

michaelawsome
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 02:24 PM
sucks man. seem like everyday a rider is dien.. rip

Nick_Ninja
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
Tell me that you don't pass at a high rate of speed and pass over the double yellow. You know that you do.

Very rarely.

kevplus2
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 08:18 PM

he simply made a mistake. shouldn't be punishable by death

rforsythe
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 08:33 PM
he simply made a mistake. shouldn't be punishable by death

Actually some mistakes ARE punishable by death, depending on how things go for you. It isn't like he spilled the milk, he chose to outride his skill knowing the risks. RIP rider, but you roll the dice and this is what can happen.

whitebrad
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 09:22 PM
goddamn! not even in death, huh...

RIP rider

Valguard
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 09:25 PM
We are all human. We all make mistakes. Some get lucky, some don't, but you almost never get what you deserve.

rip

#1Townie
Mon Aug 3rd, 2009, 10:03 PM
Actually some mistakes ARE punishable by death, depending on how things go for you. It isn't like he spilled the milk, he chose to outride his skill knowing the risks. RIP rider, but you roll the dice and this is what can happen.
just cuz he passed a car on a double yellow down the road doesnt mean he was riding out of his skills.. maybe he slowed for the turn and hit some sand.. i have never seen you make a post with assumptions.. seems out of form..

good to see more of the attitude of it was just a mistake..

RIP rider..

PS and nick arnt you the guy that talks about hitting the deer at like 130 mph and landing on your head?? stfu would ya?? just like all, you did dumb ass shit when you were younger.. stop acting so much better then every one..

michaelawsome
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 12:27 AM
aaaaa

Squisha
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 07:20 AM
RIP rider. Be careful out there everyone! Folks out there are trying to kill us, best we don't help them.

TFOGGuys
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 08:54 AM
It's unfortunate that this rider's mistakes proved as costly as they did. My condolences to those that survive him.

Please folks, let's try to avoid having anyone else hurt or killed this season. Let's ride with our heads instead of our adrenal glands in control, shall we?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 12:48 PM
RIP rider. Sadly, this is one mistake he cannot learn from.....

rforsythe
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 01:01 PM
just cuz he passed a car on a double yellow down the road doesnt mean he was riding out of his skills.. maybe he slowed for the turn and hit some sand.. i have never seen you make a post with assumptions.. seems out of form..

Possible scenarios to me:
1. Passed on double yellow (illegal for one, big no-no for another as those lines are generally in places where visibility would not allow a safe pass even at the posted speed limit). Entered turn too fast, crashed when the turn exceeded his or the bike's abilities, or maybe he fixated. Over his skills.
2. Passed on double yellow. Got to the turn, realized his mistake, slowed down, hit sand. Outrode his skills since he was going faster than he could react to, or didn't leave himself room to get out of harm's way.

Look I feel bad that he died on a bike, but bottom line is he was in over his head. It isn't like a drunk hit him, it was a single vehicle accident.

The best thing any of us could do here is learn from it and keep it in check so we all come home to our families. I'm sorry if that seems blunt or heartless, but it's how I feel about it.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Possible scenarios to me:
1. Passed on double yellow (illegal for one, big no-no for another as those lines are generally in places where visibility would not allow a safe pass even at the posted speed limit). Entered turn too fast, crashed when the turn exceeded his or the bike's abilities, or maybe he fixated. Over his skills.
2. Passed on double yellow. Got to the turn, realized his mistake, slowed down, hit sand. Outrode his skills since he was going faster than he could react to, or didn't leave himself room to get out of harm's way.

Look I feel bad that he died on a bike, but bottom line is he was in over his head. It isn't like a drunk hit him, it was a single vehicle accident.

The best thing any of us could do here is learn from it and keep it in check so we all come home to our families. I'm sorry if that seems blunt or heartless, but it's how I feel about it.
Maybe it was the reduced traction of the paint that caused it?

Like I said, HE can't learn from his mistake, but all of US should.

Kristen87
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 11:50 PM
High speed, crossing double yellow lane that sounds familiar.
RIP rider.

whitebrad
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:18 AM

State troopers say the motorcycle went out of control Sunday on Colorado 9, rolled onto its right side and skidded into the path of an oncoming pickup....

single vehicle until he collided with a truck... just guessin, but without the truck the lowside into the other lane would've been pretty safe?

it gets pretty tiresome, really, all these perfect riders on here, never have wrecked or laid it down or all of that... i think the relevant parts are for everyone to ride at a level they think is safe, and then back off just a bit more... not preaching. i may be the only one, but i can't stand the preaching

what if he was dodging an animal, or another car, or some asshole driver did the whole chicken thing, where they hit their brakes ans swerve at you and take up all the space they can....

we simply don't know enough to start preaching. it is just bad form, especially when someone has died. my friend just passed a couple of weeks ago and he was doing something irresponsible, and it killed him. i think the gravity of the situation is warning enough without all the piousness...

just my .02