PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Advancer for a Daytona 600?

Jenny
Wed Mar 9th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Anyone know of someone who carries one of these?

Brizz
Wed Mar 9th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Dont you work in a motorcycle shop? :P :D

Jenny
Wed Mar 9th, 2005, 12:08 PM
don't you think that if I could find a vendor, I would have looked instead of posting here?
<edit> forgot the :321:!!</edit>

Anonymous
Wed Mar 9th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Jenny --> :slap: <-- Brizz

:lol:

Anonymous
Wed Mar 9th, 2005, 01:32 PM
can't find shit. If it's FI you could use a PC3R, otherwise you're outta luck.

Jenny
Wed Mar 9th, 2005, 02:19 PM
The R apparently isn't available for the Daytona, but thanks for checking Ralphy :)

Anonymous
Wed Mar 9th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Jen - I found a way to do it. But it's not gonna be cheap. Are you looking to stay in a budget here, or ?

MattTLS
Wed Mar 9th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Just wondering here, why do you want the ignition advanced? Does that bike supposedly respond well as such?

Did you know that the best power is attained at the point where the ignition is retarded as much as possible but just before detonation occurs? Of course you want a safety margin doing this, but if/when I do engine work on my TL, I'll be retarding the ignition timing four to five degrees. The key to being able to retard the ignition is speeding up the combustion process as much as possible. This is done by velocity porting, setting the squish clearance, etc. And this is also some of the 'black art' part of engine tuning. You need to find someone who has positive experience with the same specific engine to be relatively assured that you'll get gains by having work done.

Sorry if that wasn't really what you wanted to hear.

Matthew

Jenny
Thu Mar 10th, 2005, 12:10 PM
That's the most eloquent "why the hell would you want to do that?!" answer I've ever heard Matt! :D

It's for a customer and I'm not sure exactly why he wants to do that.

Ralph, can you give me more info on the thingy you were mentioning yesterday?

Hoopty
Thu Mar 10th, 2005, 02:21 PM
So Jenny, where do you work these days? :wtf: Erico?

Jenny
Thu Mar 10th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Yeah :)

Hoopty
Fri Mar 11th, 2005, 09:18 AM
:boobies: Cool, did not know that. :up: