PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Buell Blast, very innovative!

COS Mille
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 08:26 AM
http://www.buell.com/en_us/bikes/blast/#

As a old Buell fan, I found Eric's direction for the Blast very refreshing.
It really was a great beginners, and a basic transportation machine.

This was really funny! Could you see one of the big manufactures doing something like this with one of their models?

asp_125
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 08:57 AM
There was a lot of talk on another forum about just wth Buell is doing with this ad. Is there going to be a Blast replacement as yet unannounced, or is Erik finally cutting all ties with Harley Davidson?

salsashark
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 09:08 AM
There was a lot of talk on another forum about just wth Buell is doing with this ad. Is there going to be a Blast replacement as yet unannounced, or is Erik finally cutting all ties with Harley Davidson?

With the success of the 1125 in NASCAMA, it wouldn't surprise me to see Buell start making more changes to get rid of the tractor motors.

TFOGGuys
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 09:12 AM

I've always thought that this would be the best use for a Blast, since it would be hard to attach a chain to it for marine use. I think Erik realized that the Blast really didn't fit into the product line. HD owns controlling interest in Buell, so that relationship is not going away any time soon, but it is quite possible that the separation between the brands will increase so that Buell can continue to embrace more modern technology. I would look for the HD based engine designs to be phased out completely over the next few years, in favor of the 1125 based stuff.

CaneZach
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 10:02 AM
To their credit, the Buells are good handling bikes, but they were underpowered because of the HD powerplant. I haven't ridden the 1125, but I would venture to say the Rotax is like night and day in comparison.

Motodrew
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 10:04 AM
That's quite a way to announce the end of the Blast lineup. I used to own a 2000 Buell Cyclone. I loved that thing.

IT WASN'T ME!
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I don't think there will be a replacement. I would like to see a high tech blast replacement though. Maybe a hot counterballanced single based on the 1125 motor. 500 to 600cc, maybe 70hp and super light. Not a supersport, more like a KTM Duke. I'd buy one for sure.

TheStig
Tue Aug 4th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Yeah I think that was for sure the end of the blast as we know it. Hopefully also an indication that Buell is going to go some new directions!