PDA

View Full Version : HAMMERIN HANK WANTS LIST OUT!!!

whitebrad
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Hank Aaron wants the list of players who tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003 released. He said this would help baseball get past the so-called "Steroid Era." (Aug. 4)

WHAT SAY YOU? baseball fan or not, how fair is it that the test was supposed to be secret and the names are getting leaked?

what to do with the list?

link:http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/news/14905436;_ylt=AigEC5lJ2sJfQ133AqJT2Wk5nYcB

sugarrey
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 06:35 AM
To be fair to everyone in the hall of fame the list has to be known by all, and those players must never be in the hall of fame. In my opinion.

whitebrad
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 06:39 AM
yeah, that's how i feel, but more for the fact that it should just be known... i mean, don't take away the accomplishment, just be honest about it...

you ever see that comedian Bill Burr?

he has a great bit on his stand up special... talking about performance enhancing in the '70's being cocaine... he is funny as hell... i recommend

i just don't care if you did the juice, just admit it! like barry never juiced... jeeeeeeeeeeez... i may be dumb, but i ain't stupid

Devaclis
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 07:13 AM
It is cheating

You are PAID, a lot of money, to play a fucking child's game, and you CHEATED.

You should be barred from the HOF, you should give up any records or titles you "earned" and you should no longer be able to play the game. Fuck. I never understood why people are so god damned mushy about athletes.

When the people on this sportbike club hear that someone "polished a cam journal" or used illegal techniques to win a GP,AMA,WSBK race they all up in arms and want heads to roll. Not the case when it comes to baseball, football, or basketball.

If you cheated, to win, you are a loser. /thread.

Devaclis
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Holy shit, what a bad way to start my morning.

Here:

Hank is the man. I agree with him 100% :)

whitebrad
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Holy shit, what a bad way to start my morning.

Here:

Hank is the man. I agree with him 100% :)

damn, man, sorry to have done it to you!

i am just sayin, i know the fuckers cheated, it's all in the past, you can't take away the numbers, but you don't have to put them in the HOF...

asterisk, all that shit, but damn, you can't take all the games away, you can't erase the whole 5 years....

just release it, man up, admit it, know that we all know, and we won't forget, but tell it like it is...

you get caught, you man up and take your lumps...

but the reason i don't care is that it is known, and now everyone is trying to just look the other way, and just act like it didn't happpen, and lie and shit... just get it out, get it over with... add the *'s and shut the door quietly on the HOF but if you start taking hits and homers away, then wins from pitchers, then just shell the whole 10 years out of it all... throw it all away...

i don't know

Devaclis
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 07:41 AM
You can take away the numbers because they are tainted numbers.

Putting them in the HOF, with an asterisk, is akin to telling your kids that you can sin all of your life and still get into heaven. Wait. shit.

Anyway, adding an asterisk is BS IMO. "Hey look, this guy set a national league record!! And he only did 'roids for 2 years,WOW" The reason this was suggested in the first place is $$$. People want to see big hitters, home runs, great catches, and awesome plays. Well, baseball is boring. It is the summertime version of curling. To spice it up and get the crowds to the stadiums it is all about the "amusement Park" feel. No one really gives a crap about the game. STATS, BIG PLAYERS, HIGHLIGHTS, $9 BEERS.

If you allow the players to get away with using performance enhancers, and allow them to continue to play, and aloow them into the HOF, then you have taken the true meanaing of sportsmanship out of the game and made it nothing more than a media gimmik.

Matty
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 07:44 AM
who cares... team sports suck anyways.

If they cheated then they should be busted. But the MLB is all fucked up... Daryl Strawberry who got caught doing coke and other drugs got a lil fine and got to continue to play. Where as Pete Rose gambled that his team would WIN, which made him have to play even harder was banned all together.

Blah.

Devaclis
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I stopped watching baseball in the 90's while the players were "on strike"

I grew up watching Nolan Ryan. Even took a pitch from him at the Astrodome. I pitched and played SS in little league and all through school. I LOVED that fucking game. It was my life all summer long. These "Athletes" ruined it for me. Greedy, cheating, pampered, liars. When you take something that is supposed to be the American Passtime and bitch it up with pussified players who need more than raw talent to win, excel, and even compete then you are saying a lot about the American people who continue to watch this passtime. It's ok that he did drugs to hit all those homers". "Hey just because the other guys had morals does not mean they still can't play against these HUGE guys". "Wht's the big deal, it has been going on for a long time"

If you think this way about a game, what is your philosiphy on the rest of your life, you know, the important stuff? Is it ok to steal cable? Is it ok to use your dads handicapped tag so you can park close at work? Hmmmm, I don't think I like how baseball fans think.

sugarrey
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I also stopped watching in the 90's also when the strike came about. I played baseball up until college and wanted to possibly continue but I lost respect for the majors. That really killed it.

I remember baseball as kittle, luzinski, ozzie, cey, rose and sandberg. They should be banned from the HOF, I totally agree with that!

whitebrad
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 07:58 AM
I stopped watching baseball in the 90's while the players were "on strike"

I grew up watching Nolan Ryan. Even took a pitch from him at the Astrodome. I pitched and played SS in little league and all through school. I LOVED that fucking game. It was my life all summer long. These "Athletes" ruined it for me. Greedy, cheating, pampered, liars. When you take something that is supposed to be the American Passtime and bitch it up with pussified players who need more than raw talent to win, excel, and even compete then you are saying a lot about the American people who continue to watch this passtime. It's ok that he did drugs to hit all those homers". "Hey just because the other guys had morals does not mean they still can't play against these HUGE guys". "Wht's the big deal, it has been going on for a long time"

If you think this way about a game, what is your philosiphy on the rest of your life, you know, the important stuff? Is it ok to steal cable? Is it ok to use your dads handicapped tag so you can park close at work? Hmmmm, I don't think I like how baseball fans think.

+1, almost exactly for me... shortstop, all that...

i keep coming back.. have been a cards fan since i was little and watching the wiz...

now i just keep my fingers crossed about el hombre (pujols) saving the game.. i think if he was dirty i would absolutely quit...

i don't know.. i love the game and the watching it and feeling it and just chillin during it.. and i would love to play again... so i keep holding out

there again, though, i am not sayin let the in the HOF, i am only saying * the whole accomplishment in the records books, and call it a day... or get rid of the whole damn era... just wash it all away... just say it's all too tainted and now put a ua before every game...

and 2x a month in the offseason...

McVaaahhh
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Still, nothing beats having a beer and a 'dog in the stands and watch the Rocks get beat. :D

I played a lot of ball when I was a kid, and still have the shoulder injury to prove it. I really hate what the unions/associations/etc have done to the sport, hell any american team sport (don't think for a minute this drug shit doesn't go on in NFL, NBA, MLS, etc.). You use juice, you're a cheater and you get banned for the rest of the season. Get caught again and it's life.

Publish the names, none of this hiding bullshit. :down:

Mental
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I'm with the sentimwent that most others expressed here. I wasn't rabid about it, but I cared when the guys were gentlmen atheletes. They may have dne the same outlandish behavior, but they had the class to keep it under wraps. The last of the greats were your Nolan Ryans, Kinn Griffey Jrs, and Cal Ripken's. I am sure I am missing some names, but these were folks that played becuase they wanted to and the fame and accolades came as a resuly of their passion and ability. Now you have guys with the ability tat are seeking fame and don't care about the game. Once they all started whining about money I just didn't care. Same for football, basketball, and although I thought it would never happen, hockey. When they stopped caring, I stopped caring.

If I want to see a a game, I'll go to a minor league game, pay a reasonable tickett price, drink overpriced flat beer and enjoy the day.

But it comes back to the old Hemmingway quote, I am paraphrasing, but only bullfighting, mountian climbing and racing are sports, everything else is just a game.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Too bad baseball didn't just fade away during that strike a few years back!!

If baseball were any slower, it would be called "farming"!

Even at the game, no one is watching. Thank god for the replays on the Jumbotron so you can see what you weren't watching in the first place.

You know you're in a good sport when they have to make a rule about not scratching your nuts while on the field.

whitebrad
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 09:40 AM
sum of yews sownd lik commoonists..

baysebawl is amerkan lik pye..

(i lik cayke)

puckstr
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 01:13 PM
who cares... team sports suck anyways.

If they cheated then they should be busted. But the MLB is all fucked up... Daryl Strawberry who got caught doing coke and other drugs got a lil fine and got to continue to play. Where as Pete Rose gambled that his team would WIN, which made him have to play even harder was banned all together.

Blah.

+10000
Sports suck. Over payed douche bags that play a fucking game.

IT WASN'T ME!
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:13 PM
If you take steroids and set records against other guys taking steroids, isn't it the same as not taking steroids and setting records against guys not taking steroids? It is still a level playing field.

Devaclis
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:15 PM
I doubt everyone in the league takes the 'roids. It is against the rules. It is against the law, and it is not in the spirit of the game.

IT WASN'T ME!
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I doubt everyone in the league takes the 'roids. It is against the rules. It is against the law, and it is not in the spirit of the game.
I bet they do. If you have a choice of taking roids or selling insurance, guess what, you would take the roids. It's the same with the stars, if you have a choice between being a star or just another player, you would take the roids.

Devaclis
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:23 PM
hmm, I have not seen that investigation yet. The one accusing anyone of NOT taking 'roids.

If I were a betting man, and I am not, I would guess that less than 100% of the players take illegal drugs.

whitebrad
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:34 PM
hmm, I have not seen that investigation yet. The one accusing anyone of NOT taking 'roids.

If I were a betting man, and I am not, I would guess that less than 100% of the players take illegal drugs.

i am still hoping that pujols always shows up roid free...

he has saved the game for me... puire hitter... slugging 2.444 with bases loaded, 5 grand salamies this season...