PDA

View Full Version : FEDOR is a twat!

whitebrad
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 05:58 AM
sorry, my hands have Tourette's...

i wouldn't tell him that, so you know, but c'mon, what kind of a joke has he become?

anyways

PsychoMike
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 07:31 AM
do tell, what kind of joke has he beome?

bulldog
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Are you talking about Fedor Emelianenko, the MMA fighter? If so did I miss something because last I checked he was one of the greatest heavyweight MMA fighters ever.

konichd
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 08:29 AM
He signs with Strikeforce, obviously to get paid. He's the greatest of all time, I bet if you watch a few of his PRIDE fights you won't call him a twat ;)

Strikeforce has the backing of showtime and CBS I believe, a big name will definately draw people to that organization

~Barn~
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson, is more likely to become a household name, than Fedor is. Sure, he's a great fighter, but until he can ink a deal that gets him a UFC fight, and the uber-marketing that comes along with it, the casual fans will continue to not know who he is, much less any new MMA followers.

Kimbo on the other hand is a couple weeks out from Spike's airing of his season on The Ultimate Fighter. He's going to be seen by *millions* for the course of a couple months, and even if he doesn't go anywhere in the UFC, he'll have that continued name recognition. Fedor is in danger of retiring in (essentially) obscurity, w/out the UFC, and in turn the UFC will forever be known for not being able to sign him, to fight for the most coveted MMA title in the world.

Hopefully they can all compromise a little, and make this happen.

whitebrad
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson, is more likely to become a household name, than Fedor is. Sure, he's a great fighter, but until he can ink a deal that gets him a UFC fight, and the uber-marketing that comes along with it, the casual fans will continue to not know who he is, much less any new MMA followers.

Kimbo on the other hand is a couple weeks out from Spike's airing of his season on The Ultimate Fighter. He's going to be seen by *millions* for the course of a couple months, and even if he doesn't go anywhere in the UFC, he'll have that continued name recognition. Fedor is in danger of retiring in (essentially) obscurity, w/out the UFC, and in turn the UFC will forever be known for not being able to sign him, to fight for the most coveted MMA title in the world.

Hopefully they can all compromise a little, and make this happen.

+1! tada!

of course, the ufc offered more money, more fights with the top level competition in the world (where did all the pride talent go until washeing out? the ufc...) and everything but essentially giving up half of their organization to m-1 global, a promotion that in THEIR LAST 3 FIGHTS DID NOT SELL 300,000 PAY PER VIEW BUYS!!! ufc 100 sold 1 MILLION!!!... so the ufc gave in to EVERY demand, including PAYING MORE PER FIGHT AND PERFORMANCE BONUS THAN STRIKEFORCE... and fedor turns tail and now will be fighting all the no-names (and believe me i know their names, though i may be the ONLY one) and essentially RUNNING from the top competitors in the world... then talking like he is going to be fighting the top level competition... (not true by far...)

so i repeat, fedor is a twat... fool, whatever, but what he is not, and what he ran away from, is to be the HIGHEST PAID mma fighter in the UFC (the highest paid organization) as well as do what he says he wants to do, fight the highest level competition...

twat
twat
twat!

and i am a fedor fan.. i know all his stats, have seen almost ALL of his fights, and am just so sick and disappointed in him i want to puke...

twat

Zach929rr
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Ughhh. I recall saying this before, but I doubt Kimbo will ever be a competent fighter. We'll see how long he makes it.

Raptor
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I thought I heard Dana talking about Fedor as a possible future contender against Lesnar.

That would be an event!

~Barn~
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 12:46 PM
I thought I heard Dana talking about Fedor as a possible future contender against Lesnar.

That would be an event!

You got plans for the UFC this Saturday, Gary?

bulldog
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:07 PM
+1! tada!

of course, the ufc offered more money, more fights with the top level competition in the world (where did all the pride talent go until washeing out? the ufc...) and everything but essentially giving up half of their organization to m-1 global, a promotion that in THEIR LAST 3 FIGHTS DID NOT SELL 300,000 PAY PER VIEW BUYS!!! ufc 100 sold 1 MILLION!!!... so the ufc gave in to EVERY demand, including PAYING MORE PER FIGHT AND PERFORMANCE BONUS THAN STRIKEFORCE... and fedor turns tail and now will be fighting all the no-names (and believe me i know their names, though i may be the ONLY one) and essentially RUNNING from the top competitors in the world... then talking like he is going to be fighting the top level competition... (not true by far...)

so i repeat, fedor is a twat... fool, whatever, but what he is not, and what he ran away from, is to be the HIGHEST PAID mma fighter in the UFC (the highest paid organization) as well as do what he says he wants to do, fight the highest level competition...

twat
twat
twat!

and i am a fedor fan.. i know all his stats, have seen almost ALL of his fights, and am just so sick and disappointed in him i want to puke...

twat If you are a big fan of his then you should know that he has been competing in Sambo competitions for years in Russia. Dana White has said if he joins UFC then he is not allowed to do his Sambo competitions anymore and Fedor takes pride in that competition. I believe this has a lot to do with his decision to not join UFC.

bulldog
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Ughhh. I recall saying this before, but I doubt Kimbo will ever be a competent fighter. We'll see how long he makes it.
My buddy I work with, his brother (Brendan Schaub) is in the new Ultimate Fighter show and he actually went out their hating Kimbo. Well I guess when he got to know the guy he said he is actually a pretty down to Earth guy and I think they even invited him to train here in Denver. So who knows maybe people aren't what they seem till you get to know them.

Wyck
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Don't expect much out of Kimbo on TUF

Raptor
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:14 PM
You got plans for the UFC this Saturday, Gary?

Nuh-uh. Anything happening?

Wyck
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:15 PM
My buddy I work with, his brother (Brendan Schaub) is in the new Ultimate Fighter show and he actually went out their hating Kimbo. Well I guess when he got to know the guy he said he is actually a pretty down to Earth guy and I think they even invited him to train here in Denver. So who knows maybe people aren't what they seem till you get to know them.

I heard Brendan did pretty well ;)

~Barn~
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Nuh-uh. Anything happening?

Yes. If I buy it at my crib, you're coming over. :D

Raptor
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Don't expect much out of Kimbo on TUF

I'm maybe a little optimistic about his potential. Even though he didn't shine a whole lot after training with Bas, who knows what could happen with other coaching. Of course, without endurance beyond 1 or 2 rounds, none of it would matter anyhow.
What I would say is it's nearly impossible to imagine him ever making his way to top rank/contention.

whitebrad
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:19 PM
If you are a big fan of his then you should know that he has been competing in Sambo competitions for years in Russia. Dana White has said if he joins UFC then he is not allowed to do his Sambo competitions anymore and Fedor takes pride in that competition. I believe this has a lot to do with his decision to not join UFC.

there again, that was the old offers... dana and frank fertita also gave in on that demand...

i am telling you... they met EVERY DEMAND except for giving up 50% of their company to promote events with fedor....

they even gave up percentage points based on how many ppv buys his event would sell... basically % points in the back end... just not 50%...

next argument...

Raptor
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Yes. If I buy it at my crib, you're coming over. :D

Sure man, sounds cool to me. It'll definitely be better than standing in a crowded bar where you can't hear or see it very well. Thanks for the invite! :up:

Raptor
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I heard Brendan did pretty well ;)

Yeah, I was gonna say that I bet a lot of people will be surprised at the guy's demeanor outside of the ring (yard, warehouse etc.).

Raptor
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:25 PM
there again, that was the old offers... dana and frank fertita also gave in on that demand...

i am telling you... they met EVERY DEMAND except for giving up 50% of their company to promote events with fedor....

they even gave up percentage points based on how many ppv buys his event would sell... basically % points in the back end... just not 50%...

next argument...

I definitely haven't followed the negotiations betwee Fedor and UFC as closely as you have. Last I had heard, Dana was saying he just didn't see the skill in Fedor to justify offering him a contract. Guess that was a while ago though.

Know any sources where can brush up on the news?

whitebrad
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I was gonna say that I bet a lot of people will be surprised at the guy's demeanor outside of the ring (yard, warehouse etc.).

i thinkd kevin iole wrote a piece on him when he decided to join TUF that really made me a fan of his...

it was about how his handlers were the ones responsible for his big stupid blowup and subsequent fall... and he just took it all in stride...

it takes a lot in a man to do what he did and to grin and bear it and just keep on fighting... to just swallow all that pride and join TUF after all that dana had said... pretty cool...

i am actually rooting for him...

Wyck
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I'm maybe a little optimistic about his potential. Even though he didn't shine a whole lot after training with Bas, who knows what could happen with other coaching. Of course, without endurance beyond 1 or 2 rounds, none of it would matter anyhow.
What I would say is it's nearly impossible to imagine him ever making his way to top rank/contention.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Though if my sources are correct then I already know :(

whitebrad
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:29 PM
I definitely haven't followed the negotiations betwee Fedor and UFC as closely as you have. Last I had heard, Dana was saying he just didn't see the skill in Fedor to justify offering him a contract. Guess that was a while ago though.

Know any sources where can brush up on the news?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Fedor-signs-with-Strikeforce-will-fight-this-fa;_ylt=AlxAxk99D22b3SlCFmi_WMQ9Eo14?urn=mma,18041 8

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Las-Vegas-columnist-Fedor-doesn-t-care-about-hi;_ylt=Atn.f_ed_GJqCOs3gHuMvUA9Eo14?urn=mma,18038 0

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Fedor-signing-An-irate-Dana-White-responds-from;_ylt=AqGVCN5g8QSvXtX9ywLh9Ts9Eo14?urn=mma,180 454

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-fedorufc073109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

maybe start with the last one first and work your way up... sorry, posted them in reverse order

Wyck
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Wait Nate did you say Kimbo was invited to train at High Altitude?

~Barn~
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:34 PM
From what I have heard in various White and Fertitta interviews, the issue with signing Fedor to fight, was the exclusivity issues of being unable to fight in any other organizations. I can't imagine it being a money issue since the UFC already draws more gate and PPV money than Jesus vs. The Beatles, but yeah.... it seemed to boil down to exclusivity. :dunno:

Zach929rr
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:35 PM

I'm not trying to hate on the guy personally, just making an observation that it will likely be extremely difficult to unlearn all of that street fighting rubbish he was doing for what, ~10 years?

bulldog
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:36 PM

next argument...
Wow I never read that. You got me there then man. Maybe Fedor just doesn't want to fight in the UFC then. Don't get me wrong, i wanted to see Fedor in the UFC as much as anyone and it sucks he didn't sign.

bulldog
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Wait Nate did you say Kimbo was invited to train at High Altitude? At this point, yes. They gave Kimbo the offer and he agreed. He will actually be living at my buddies house (Brendan is his older brother) while traning here. I can't wait to meet the guy.

whitebrad
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:41 PM
From what I have heard in various White and Fertitta interviews, the issue with signing Fedor to fight, was the exclusivity issues of being unable to fight in any other organizations. I can't imagine it being a money issue since the UFC already draws more gate and PPV money than Jesus vs. The Beatles, but yeah.... it seemed to boil down to exclusivity. :dunno:

i think this is the article... http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

they agreed to combat sambo, which was the only sticking point about exclusivity.... fedor never wanted to fight in other promotions while under contract, just wanted to compete in his combat sambo every year ( the gp, which he lost this year... not on his pro record i might add...)

but yeah, so they agreed to the sambo... they agreed to everything, and i mean EVERYTHING!!!

I think this article references it: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma,180454

dood, i am really a fedor fan!!! really!!! here's why...

1. He has held 5 MMA championships, and never lost them.
2. Fedor holds the best win streak in all mma, 24
3. Fedor has never been knocked down by any type of strike.
4. Most recent win over Tim Sylvia a top 5 HW lasted 36 seconds.
5. Fedor has a finishing percentage of 75%
6. No fighter has ever stopped Fedor in a fight. But 1 doctor has.
7. Has defeated 5 different HW champions or X champions.
8. Fedor has 70 total take downs in mma, 41 of which upper body take downs.
9. Fedor has 12 wins in under 2 minutes
10. And 5 wins under 1 minute.

but this is killing me... they gave him the world and he turned it down...

~Barn~
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I'm not heartbroken over Fedor. Him vs. Lesnar would have been cool to watch, but personally I'd rather hold out to see if Shane Carwin can punch Brock's lights out.

I sure do hope KFerg shows some promise in TUF, also. I'd love to see him have the skill to be worthy of fighting some gatekeeper heavyweights. :yes:

whitebrad
Wed Aug 5th, 2009, 02:48 PM
yeah... i should get over it soon...

if you remember our last discussion, i was SURE they would get this deal done since it was loooking like a collision course for lesnar to get his ass handed to him... but alas, rooting for carwin (always was anyway...)