PDA

View Full Version : IMI on Saturday morning August 8th.

green_zx7r
Thu Aug 6th, 2009, 10:25 AM
It seems us bikers will be hitting IMI three days in a row. :)

A bit premature, but I'm going to attempt to hit the track on Saturday and see how the ribs feel.

I would love to make it out today/Friday but I can't get off work.

I'll be out there with my boy Darren again, so feel free to join us.

I'll most likely be on the ZX7R since I don't think I'll have the ZX6R back yet.

Yusuke

eklew
Thu Aug 6th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Wow, hope the ribs feel okay. You still planning on going to Pueblo on the 16th?

ScottieFlan
Thu Aug 6th, 2009, 03:38 PM
How do you know the dates and times that IMI allows bikes? I'm just now trying to get into the track scene and I'm exploring options. I looked at their website, but all I could find was a bunch of karting and motocross stuff. Also, what is the cost and what are the bike/safety requirements? Thanks for the help!

Slo
Thu Aug 6th, 2009, 04:05 PM
35 bucks per day
-helmet, jacket and gloves are required but more is encouraged. No bike safety requirements, just nothing leaking.

Bike are allowed any day as long as there is no supermotard or cart races being held on the track.

brennahm
Thu Aug 6th, 2009, 04:17 PM
+1

For example Sunday is a supermoto race which you should come out and watch. Practice at 9, racing usually 10-1.

green_zx7r
Thu Aug 6th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Wow, hope the ribs feel okay. You still planning on going to Pueblo on the 16th?

Definitely will try Elden. Can't say I'm in top shape with them ribs but I'll give it a try! So far planning to be at Pueblo on the 16th and get schooled again by Mark. Can't wait!

green_zx7r
Thu Aug 6th, 2009, 09:38 PM
+1

For example Sunday is a supermoto race which you should come out and watch. Practice at 9, racing usually 10-1.

??? As far as I know there are no supermoto races this Sunday at IMI. The 5280 schedules states that they have a race at Pueblo this weekend...

If there is a sumo race at IMI this weekend, I'll probably stay home and out of their way. Them sumo riders are crazy fast. Watching them backing it into a corner is like poetry in motion.

Valguard
Thu Aug 6th, 2009, 09:49 PM
I just looked at the event calender and Yusuke is right. There is nothing on the calender about a race on Sunday.

brennahm
Thu Aug 6th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Supermoto5280 IS racing at IMI this Sunday from 7 until 1.

The schedule originally had us at Pueblo this weekend but a multitude of factors centering on the fact we create too much dust for the drag racers has caused Pueblo to no longer be an option. IMI is the replacement. Sorry for any confusion. You can call Kevin at Epic Motorsports (series sponsor, president) for confirmation. However, I don't think anyone really cares all that much.

Valguard
Thu Aug 6th, 2009, 10:27 PM
:(

green_zx7r
Thu Aug 6th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Dang... Welp... I'll check with my boy Darren to see if we are still in or not...
I'd prefer not to get in the way of the sumo riders on either Sat or Sun.

Bueller
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Dude you aren't in the way. Most like the passing practice :)

green_zx7r
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 07:58 AM
LOL! I'm glad I am sharpening your passing skills Dave! :)

brennahm
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 08:10 AM
The race is only on Sunday, while I'm sure some guys will be there Saturday as well, it may be LESS crowded since there is a race in Berthoud a lot of guys are going to. I think Saturday is your day!

green_zx7r
Fri Aug 7th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Cool! Thanks for letting me know. I'll probably show up there in the AM on Saturday and see how long I last.

Yusuke