PDA

View Full Version : wont start

636gurlz
Fri Mar 11th, 2005, 07:00 AM
i'm having a slight problem.... i just picked up my 636 last tuesday.. everything was great.. and 03 with 700 miles on it... well i was riding the other day.. pulled up a little wheelie, and went and parked my bike in the garage.. well... i went to go for a ride yesterday.. and i can't get her to start.... you can hear the starter clicking.. but nothing happens... any suggestions would greatly be appreciated...

firefghtr
Fri Mar 11th, 2005, 07:19 AM
your battery is dead, spark plug bad,you took home the wrong 636

rybo
Fri Mar 11th, 2005, 07:22 AM
I'm guessing that you have a dead battery. It is unlikely, but possible, that you got a bad one from the factory, or that your bike has some accessory that is not turning off with the switch. If the bike is brand new I'd call the dealer straight away and get the documentation for a warranty claim started.

Have a good one.

Scott

636gurlz
Fri Mar 11th, 2005, 07:56 AM
ok... so if it was indeed the battery would all my gauges turn on and my light also?

rybo
Fri Mar 11th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Yes, it is entirely possible that your lights and gauges would come on. They use very little power compared to your starter motor. The starter requires a lot of power. The click is a good sign that power is making it to the starter relay and if you wanted to give it a try I would guess that if you ran a set of jumper cables from your car to the bike it would start right up. Cars and bikes use the same voltage so there is no problem with jumping a bike from a car. The only caution here is that the bike battery is really small and will boil off quickly if left attached for too long. No need to leave it run (or probably even start the car) just attach the cables and give it a go.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out

Scott

636gurlz
Fri Mar 11th, 2005, 08:34 AM
ok i'll give it a try.... geesh.. i hope that's all it is.. cause it's supposed to be georgeous out today and tomorrow... just my luck that my dang bike will not be ready to ride... thanks for your help and i'll let you know..

rybo
Fri Mar 11th, 2005, 08:43 AM
If that doesn't work I can ride down after work and see if we can make it go. I'm not too far away. Also, just as a second thought, check to make sure the wires connecting the battery are tight, loose terminals can create a situation like the one you are describing.
Scott

636gurlz
Fri Mar 11th, 2005, 08:50 AM
ok sounds good i'll check it out... i get off work at probably around 530ish.. so it will be later tonight if that's ok.. umm... i can give you my phone number n then we can set up directions if you want

rybo
Fri Mar 11th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Sent you a PM with my number, give me a call when you're on your way home.

Hope the jump start works, if not I'll see you later.

Scott

KooLaid
Sun Mar 13th, 2005, 02:27 AM
damn scott, i'm supposed to be the local resident chinkie eyed ladies'man slash pimp slash balla slash full time hussla. WTF bro? You know the routine, I get all the ladies and I can call upon you all as my servents to come fix my fine ladies' machines. Don't make me put u back in your cage! As for you lil' lady, I got the tool to fix all your problems...... :D :lol: bike or body.... yeah baby.... damn and to think, I haven't even been drinking..... woohoo

ryan
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 11:17 PM
whered you find an 03 with 700 miles on it? and if you dont mind...how much $?