PDA

View Full Version : Skydiving $130... really!!! (this Sat-Sun)

suzinpink
Sat Aug 8th, 2009, 03:50 PM
So, Some have possibly seen/heard me mention this before... but it's this next weekend so I figured I'd post up. It's my man's b-day on the 11th, so to celebrate I am going to push him outta a plane... he he he. It's something he's always wanted to do.
So I found a place in Canon City that you go the evening before... they train you that night and then they put up a huge bon-fire and you party all night long while you camp at their site. The next morning they cook everyone breakfast and sober you up with a light review of the class you took the night before. then they run jumps. The whole thing... all together... $130!!!!:shocked:

So, I know there are a lot of other places closer, but you're going to pay around $50 more... plus no camping, bonfire or bonding with your peeps the night before.
PM me if you're interested! I want a total count by Thursday. We plan on leaving after lunch on Saturday, the 15th, drive there and set up camp, train and then jump Sunday morning. You all can also go the friday night too, or just do the drive and not camp... it's really up to you! It was just an awesome deal that I had to pass on to you all!

Tipys
Sat Aug 8th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I am a maybe

y_merkle
Sun Aug 9th, 2009, 02:32 PM
This is tempting. I'll have to try to rearrange things to make this!

Bashed
Sun Aug 9th, 2009, 04:08 PM
The boys that I work with did this about a month ago.
Great value for the $ but they said something about really old guys and no shirts. Just sayin.

Bash

wankel7
Sun Aug 9th, 2009, 04:57 PM
If I was in town I would be so there!

suzinpink
Sun Aug 9th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Just an FYI... this is zipline not tandem... so you're on your own after the plane pulls your chute for ya. I've done tandem before and loved it... never done this kind before. They do training and they DO allow you to do this if it's your first jump... as It is Davids. You can opt for tandem... but it's 175 (like others closer to home). Anyhoo... just an update!

willb003
Sun Aug 9th, 2009, 08:55 PM
So how did you like it? zipline is not as fun just cause of less free falling time

suzinpink
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 12:05 PM
we're going this saturday... so I'll let you know!

CaneZach
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Static line is how I jumped in the Army. You only get about 3 seconds of freefall out of a plane and maybe 5 out the back of a Chinook. Still fun though.

suzinpink
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 06:41 PM
hey... if we get 6 peeps or more they are going to lower the price to $99... whoa!

CaneZach
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 07:52 PM
How old do you have to be anyway? I've got two teenagers that are interested.

Geology Rocks
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Joe

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 11:03 PM
$99 huh? Ohhhh man...soooo very tempting!