PDA

View Full Version : Bikers and the City

Snowman
Mon Aug 10th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Newsweek: Bikers & the City (http://www.newsweek.com/id/210014)

I have been to London many times and seen how well motorcycles can maneuver around town, so much so that you can make a decent living as a motorcycle currier.

Seeing this I would be in favor of a London style motorcycle laws for major cities.

asp_125
Mon Aug 10th, 2009, 01:11 PM
They need that here as well as lane splitting. Cathy and I sat in I-70 traffic above Georgetown for part of the evening rush hour. Lane splitting would have been nice.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Aug 10th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Lane splitting is 'our' trump card when 'they' force a helmet law down our throats.

Matty
Mon Aug 10th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Lane splitting is 'our' trump card when 'they' force a helmet law down our throats.
I'm so waiting for that moment.

gtn
Mon Aug 10th, 2009, 02:40 PM

I guess I'm dense. I don't get what you mean.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Aug 10th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I guess I'm dense. I don't get what you mean.

Insurance companies and the goofs that don't believe in the state having to take care of the invalid veg-heads that end up in the hospitals (I'm one of the latter -- btw) will ultimately force legislation to pass a helmet law -- or at least bring it to the ballot.

If that should happen it would be a most opportune time to force another piece of legislation through -- that being lane splitting. I can see many PAC's jumping on-board in support of the helmet law agenda if insurance lobby's and others supported lane splitting in exchange (read:helmet laws).