PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Pro 15" woes

sugarrey
Mon Aug 10th, 2009, 07:16 PM
I have either a bad battery or a fried ac adaptor. Anyone have a magsafe ac adaptor and/or a battery I can plug in to find out which one?

My ac adaptor is blinking orange, and my battery is now dead. Need help

Keepitgreen
Mon Aug 10th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Do you have AppleCare?

BHeth
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Dude, I am typing on one right now. I am home with my daughter and don't have a car, but if you can get down here we can try the battery and cord. I am at Kipling and 470.

Canuck
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 07:23 AM
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1411?viewlocale=en_US

Might need to reset your SMC board. The above link tells you how.

sugarrey
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Does anyone have an AC ADAPTOR with magsafe connector they are not using or want to get rid of? If not forever, even an overnight borrow so I can get a full charge in her so I can stop using this dreadful PC.... Anyone?

If I had applecare, this wouldn't be an issue...wish i had it, warranty just ran out 3 weeks ago.

The SMC reset didn't work.

Went to BHETH's to check and found out that my AC ADAPTOR is bad, as I plugged his in and it worked instantly! Thanks Blain!

BHeth
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 08:34 PM
You could have borrowed mine. Still can if you need to. You know you like the way the Wee Ninja makes your ass tingle. And I don't mean N_N. Or do I?

Anyway, I got a pretty full day tomorrow but if you need to pick it up we can work something out.

BHeth
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 06:28 AM
I'll bump this for Jeff in case there is anyone closer to him that can help with the cable. I realized he will spend more time on the road picking up and dropping off the power cord then the amount of battery life that he'll get from the one charge.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

sugarrey
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks Blain. Yeah. gas is a killer going out there. Used over a 1/4 tank on the girls 250 yesterday getting there. Party because I was full throttle pretty much the whole way, about 10k and 85 mph. Ugh. If I get the car today, I will give you a ring. I do need somthing. Being broke SUX

sugarrey
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 08:50 PM
bump...

anyone with a ac adaptor 85w with a magsafe adaptor around 25 and colfax I could use overnight? possibly one you want to get rid of?