PDA

View Full Version : Back protector!......but no helmet or leathers WTF?

Xtremjeepn
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Walk out of my office the other night and there is a guy riding out of the parking lot on a Buell. He had on jeans, t-shirt, BACK PROTECTOR:crazy:, Shoes, sun glasses. That it!(that I could see) :banghead::banghead:

No lid, no jacket.

:loser:

Mother Goose
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 01:33 PM
:lol: Sounds like those kids that show up @ Boston's w/ the Icon vests on.

MetaLord 9
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Man I HATE threads that complain about people wearing no gear!!! :scream1:

Just kidding :D that's really dumb.

Motodrew
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:17 PM
:lol: Sounds like those kids that show up @ Boston's w/ the Icon vests on.

No kidding. How did these vests get so popular? I see these guys wearing them all the time @ Bostons. I'm hoping that many of the guys leave their jackets on their bikes & thats why I see so many.

Sully
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I saw a guy on a bike in full gear in Cherry Creek! :yay:.. You can't be too safe with the soccer moms and effin yuppie aholes running stop signs down here ! SERIOULSY ! ...

But I do see quite a few guys without any gear tooling around... oh and FYI, if you go to any of the shops in Cherry Creek, don't park your bike on the sidewalk. You will get a parking ticket ! :( It's better to park on the street for $1.00 an hour !

Ricky
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:35 PM
HA, I swear I think I saw that dude too! I saw someone else wearing exactly the same shit like a week ago right around the office. I can't remember where. What a strange fashion statement.

salsashark
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Sure it wasn't DK modeling his new back protectors? Gotta show the goods if you wanna sell 'em!

konichd
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:43 PM
At that price why would you wear a helmet? It would hide that huge smile you got on this smokin' deal!

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34407

GixxerCarrie
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I count more without gear than with these days. I don't care...I look at my knees and my arm. Tis all I need to know. To each their own. I'm wearing mine!

I see the guys with the back protectors all the time and thats it. I love the ones that wear the helmet, the leather, and shorts though. Those guys are kick ass!

longrider
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 03:07 PM
The best one I ever saw was a guy with shorts, sandals, glasses and $200+ racing gloves!!

whitebrad
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:16 AM
i usually wear that borat singlet, with those socks with the fuzzy ball on them and some sparkly gold flip flops with a little 1" heel. i wear the old 70's basketball kneepads and a football mouthpiece with the end attached to my gold dookie chain...

oh, and my gloves

Horsman
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:39 AM
i usually wear that borat singlet, with those socks with the fuzzy ball on them and some sparkly gold flip flops with a little 1" heel. i wear the old 70's basketball kneepads and a football mouthpiece with the end attached to my gold dookie chain...

oh, and my gloves
Nice, Very Nice
http://weltraumpapst.at/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/116215165108_borat2.jpg

ScottieFlan
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 10:35 AM
A few days ago I saw this guy on an old dual sport POS and he had on home made jorts that were frayed and came to about mid thigh, sandals, NO SHIRT!, and a full face helmet haha. I wanted to get a pic so bad but he was sitting at a red light going the other way so I didn't have time to bust the camera phone out.

TFOGGuys
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 10:54 AM
I usually just wear speedos and flip flops, with a full face helmet.

Devaclis
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 10:55 AM
You guys ride? Could have fooled me.

whitebrad
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I usually just wear speedos and flip flops, with a full face helmet.

i think i have seen you, and i just wanted to be sure you are following the rules...

you have been wearing your speedo and not your gold chain and disco medallion... also, it appears that you have been manybe trimming your chest hair... that is also verboten

asp_125
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Wear gear, I don't want to see your pasty white moobs flapping in the breeze; like I had to endure while following this shirtless rider along 36 in Boulder.

Yodannyc
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 05:51 PM
So what if i wore a back protecter, helmet, jeans, boots, and gloves? Would that make me a squid? LOL I dont have one but i was thinking i might get one for when its super hot out. I figure some gear is better then shorts and a tshirt.
I just cant stand wearing my jacket when its +90* out.

whitebrad
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 06:25 PM
dood, i am a total squid...

and as we have determined in other threads... being a squid would be cool... 10 ARMS!!!!

michaelawsome
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 07:04 PM
i dont understand what everybodys deal is with gear,, if somone doent wana wear gear.. for all means let them be stupid, its not you thats being stupid. they just wana look cool for the ladys!

whitebrad
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 07:28 AM
i dont understand what everybodys deal is with gear,, if somone doent wana wear gear.. for all means let them be stupid, its not you thats being stupid. they just wana look cool for the ladys!

the main complaint i get with my usual attire (see above) is the crevice-ial view... i think the whiteness also burns retinas, which i think is why during group rides, they make me ride sweeper, no matter how uncomfortable it makes them... i do notice the ride is a lot faster than usual when i am "geared up"... they trying to get away from me:dunno:

or is it cuz i am canadianian:canuck:??

McVaaahhh
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 08:51 AM
My only gear gripe is the douchebags that roll around with their helmet strapped to the tail of the bike.

By all means, it's your choice to wear a helmet or not, but having your helmet hang on the back of your bike is like taking the airbag out of the steering wheel and bolting it to the outside of your trunk.

Brahma
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I am one of idiots that ride around with the vest at times. If I go anywhere more than 5 minutes away I will suit up but for a quick trip someplace it is tough to tell myself to put on all my gear. I said it before and I will say it again, I will probably pay for it.

Stank Juic3
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Can't lie I squid sometimes when it's 90+ degree and the R1 pts out another 15 degrees at a stop light. So im sitting in 110 degree air. F*** that.

Ricky
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Meh, I squid it all the time at lunch. IDGAF what people think. The rest of the time, I always wear my jacket, helmet, gloves, jeans. If it's going to be more than 100 out, I drive the fuckin car.

RUMotarded
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 04:16 PM
My only gear gripe is the douchebags that roll around with their helmet strapped to the tail of the bike.

By all means, it's your choice to wear a helmet or not, but having your helmet hang on the back of your bike is like taking the airbag out of the steering wheel and bolting it to the outside of your trunk.

Haha, I know what you mean. I was taking a ride to Canon City and a guy got behind me on a 636 wearing shorts, sandals, t-shirt, hat on backwards, sunglasses and MX gloves......I'm already thinking "what a tool". I stop for gas, and he pulls in too....."dude I like your bike" begins the conversation. I noticed he had his lid strapped on the back, asked him why and he said "in case it rains". I abruptly ended our chat....lol

Ricky
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 04:24 PM

Disagree. I mean, if my plan is to ride up the street with my helmet strapped to the back with the intent of putting it on after I make a stop, I'm a douchebag? That's pretty lame. You're basing your opinion off of 3 seconds of sight, and nothing else.

McVaaahhh
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Disagree. I mean, if my plan is to ride up the street with my helmet strapped to the back with the intent of putting it on after I make a stop, I'm a douchebag? That's pretty lame. You're basing your opinion off of 3 seconds of sight, and nothing else.

So, do you normally put your helmet on after you stop? :D

I don't care if you wear it or not, your choice. I'm just saying that yes, you look like a douchebag (in my eyes) if you're wearing it as a frame slider. The dude riding up Hampden yesterday at highway speeds and faster on a brand-new R1 with his helmet strapped to the tail is a douchebag/squid.

Stank Juic3
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 04:35 PM
In Thornton you see what I call them the "Gotti Fade" riders. You know the one that have their hair look like Dragon Ball Z. I guess they dont want to ruin that hair. And their clothes are more expensive then gear alone.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/917/dragonballz1024x7686695.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/i/dragonballz1024x7686695.jpg/)

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8310/50745a57d7291ff8.jpg (http://img24.imageshack.us/i/50745a57d7291ff8.jpg/)

McVaaahhh
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 08:22 AM
...<snip> The dude riding up Hampden yesterday at highway speeds and faster on a brand-new R1 with his helmet strapped to the tail is a douchebag/squid. <snip>...

Saw this same guy last night when I was coming out of Home Depot. His brand-new, paper-tagged, 2009 R1 was trashed and he was talking to the police. I have no clue what happened, but it looked like it was a single-vehicle accident. Fortunately he looked like he was no worse for wear, but it just goes to show that it can happen to anyone, anytime. Be safe out there.