PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, I have something to tell you.

Devaclis
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 01:36 PM
I have secretly been an admirer for a while now. I knew I was hiding it. From my friends, from my family, from myself. I would find myself fondling other peoples' . Looking at them online. Imagining one in my pocket, so warm and glossy.

Well, I am here to tell you, I am out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/devaclis/2009-08-1113-31-09569.jpg

/fuckstevejobs

Devaclis
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Do I have huge hands or a tiny head?

Mother Goose
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 01:38 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/8/16/andiquotei128634187208689183.jpg

MetaLord 9
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 01:44 PM
iphones are ghey and you are ghey for having one.

so what'cha do'n later? :slappers:

Shea
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Oh noes!!! Dana supports Apple! Those freedom hating bitches!

Sully
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 01:47 PM
This means he'll be hanging out with Canuck now, sharing Yuppie stories..

Devaclis
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I have decided to put my differences with Steve aside long enough to try it out. Now, I just need a shit tonne of apps for it.

GODDAMN I HATE ITUNES

Horsman
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 01:48 PM
http://htcexperiments.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/1956368-lg.jpg

SaShWhO
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 01:51 PM
uebergayness?

we got an app for that!

McVaaahhh
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Dana's going to be an app-hole.

Ricky
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 01:52 PM
sellout!

eg bter
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 01:53 PM
lol...I picked mine up yesterday. Welcome to the club

bulldog
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 01:56 PM
lol...I picked mine up yesterday. Welcome to the club Now if only the IPhone got a good signal in your house! lol

TurboGizzmo
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 01:58 PM
jailbreak....add cool apps that arent reject by The Apple!

eg bter
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Now if only the IPhone got a good signal in your house! lol

Phone works fine at the house...3g doesn't so I just use my wifi

TFOGGuys
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Average number of times an iPhone app is used after initial newness wears off: 0

Devaclis
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I need to install iPeriod immediately.

Keepitgreen
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Now, I just need a shit tonne of apps for it.

GODDAMN I HATE ITUNES

Don't know about the apps, but I have over 200 movies that are formatted for the iPhone and iTouch.
I can hook you up!

MetaLord 9
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:11 PM
so much for your bb's man in the boat... :(

Devaclis
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:15 PM
I still have it. It is my new MP3 player. Better battery life than the iPood

OUTLAWD
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:23 PM
:gay:

vmax2003
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I have secretly been an admirer for a while now. I knew I was hiding it. From my friends, from my family, from myself. I would find myself fondling other peoples' . Looking at them online. Imagining one in my pocket, so warm and glossy.

Well, I am here to tell you, I am out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/devaclis/2009-08-1113-31-09569.jpg

/fuckstevejobs
now thats a scary picture if i ever saw one...hahaha

salsashark
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:29 PM
icanhascheezburger has an iPhone app... that's all you really need.

Ricky
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:31 PM
MMS? Yeah, my non-iPhone has that. Doesn't every phone in the world? Oh, right... Sorry.

~Barn~
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Don't know about the apps, but I have over 200 movies that are formatted for the iPhone and iTouch.
I can hook you up!

Where do I sign?

Horsman
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Here is my fuckiing ring tone - so much for Hi-Tech
http://www.dylangreene.com/custom/dylan/crank.mp3

http://www.cellphones.ca/news/upload/motorola_v325i_cell_phone_verizon.jpg
It really is a piece of shit...

MetaLord 9
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Here is my fuckiing ring tone - so much for Hi-Tech
http://www.dylangreene.com/custom/dylan/crank.mp3

http://www.cellphones.ca/news/upload/motorola_v325i_cell_phone_verizon.jpg
It really is a piece of shit...

I'm surprised there's a color picture of that thing. I thought it was only in cave drawings

Shea
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I'm surprised there's a color picture of that thing. I thought it was only in cave drawings

lol, there's an optional hand crank to make the thing work...for 20 seconds per 5min of cranking

Keepitgreen
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Where do I sign?

I just happened to buy a new 500 gb portable hd (98$) and loaded all the movies from my 320bg hd..
So I can maybe loan it out so you can pick and choose.. Or just sell the damn thing fully loaded with the goods of course..

~Barn~
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Nice. I'll be in touch!

TurboGizzmo
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 03:35 PM
I just happened to buy a new 500 gb portable hd (98$) and loaded all the movies from my 320bg hd..
So I can maybe loan it out so you can pick and choose.. Or just sell the damn thing fully loaded with the goods of course..

SFTP site and login please :)

Keepitgreen
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 03:47 PM
SFTP site and login please :)

Uh...???
I ain't no damn techie..
I just know how to get into trouble using my MAC!
Hell, I have already been banned in Taiwan.. Bastards..:drink:

TurboGizzmo
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Uh...???
I ain't no damn techie..
I just know how to get into trouble using my MAC!
Hell, I have already been banned in Taiwan.. Bastards..:drink:

Depending what Mac or MAC we are talking about:

sudo ifconfig en1 ether 00:e2:e3:e4:e5:e6 :crazy:

King Nothing
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 04:22 PM
MMS? Yeah, my non-iPhone has that. Doesn't every phone in the world? Oh, right... Sorry.no shit. fuggin' iphones. I'll just stick with my iphoney, Palm Pre.

Keepitgreen
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Depending what Mac or MAC we are talking about:

sudo ifconfig en1 ether 00:e2:e3:e4:e5:e6 :crazy:

Hmm..
Paco no hablo esto lingo.. comprendo?! :siesta:

Horsman
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 04:34 PM

I can only text to the word "CAN I" before phone dies... I'll never get all "Tautaun" with the ladies with that piece of shit....:(

Shea
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I can only text to the word "CAN I" before phone dies... I'll never get all "Tautaun" with the ladies with that piece of shit....:(

How about "When can I tap that?"

Horsman
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 05:43 PM
How about "When can I tap that?"
I don't have time to write all that -- My biological clock is ticking and my phone is dying!!!!
http://s.mcstatic.com/thumb/2490450/9864701/4/catalog_item5/1/1/amy_smart_sex_in_public.jpg

puckstr
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 05:59 PM
What is an Iphone?

whitebrad
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 03:11 AM
mayun,

so i am a college student. I spend a SHITLOAD on books. the other day i heard there was an app for iphone that gives you ALL of your textbooks on your phone...

you don't have to buy textbooks?

how much is an iphone?

how much is the service?

Canuck
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 05:50 AM
This means he'll be hanging out with Canuck now, sharing Yuppie stories..

:siesta:

Nerves
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Welcome to the club. You wont go back. Trust me.

Devaclis
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 07:21 AM
What apps should I be getting? Any good free ones? Need a good game to play while on the crapper. The Blackberry had shitbreaker which was nice.

Nerves
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Feildrunners is a kick ass tower defense. Kids vs. Zombies is a fun free game. Just jump on the app store and browse the "top Free" games. There are a good amount. And there are a lot of .99 cent ones that are worth the price. If you're going to pay for a game, just pay attention to the rating.

whitebrad
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:03 AM
does anyone know wtf i am talking about?

i gotta buy books soon...

the app that has like 70 kajillion textbooks for free?

Zach929rr
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:04 AM
^^ I just heard about that shit yesterday. I can't believe that, however scrolling through an accounting or chemistry or calc text book in class on an Iphone would be a PITA.

whitebrad
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:07 AM
what's a pita?

fuckin bread? you makin fun of me?

ha ha ha ha ha

Devaclis
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:09 AM
mayun,

so i am a college student. I spend a SHITLOAD on books. the other day i heard there was an app for iphone that gives you ALL of your textbooks on your phone...

you don't have to buy textbooks?

how much is an iphone?

how much is the service?

8GB is $99

16GB is $200

I pay $85 a month for the service for unlimited web, texts, and phone.

Canuck
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Don't play many games. But the only two games that I have are Tetris (of course) and X Plane.

Canuck
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:17 AM
If your going to get one. Go with the upgrade 3G-S. It's waaaaaaaay faster than last years 3G. Also, get a good case for it. I should know; I've been through 10 iPhones.

Sully
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:18 AM
what's a pita?

Pain In The Ass

Devaclis
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:19 AM
THAT is the problem with these devices. I have run over, washed, stepped on and dropped my blackberry a million times. It still works.

The 3G-S is pretty nice. The new OS also supports the keyboard when tilted sideways which is a HUGE improvement.

Also waiting to be able to send pics via text AND use Flash for MS apps like Office Communicator.

whitebrad
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:20 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

yeah, maybe... do you think it is readable, though? i mean how big is the screen on it?

Canuck
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:48 AM
THAT is the problem with these devices. I have run over, washed, stepped on and dropped my blackberry a million times. It still works.

Let me re-phrase. The phone is surprisingly rugged. Especially the glass screen. I've seen many phones that were beat to shit, the screens were cracked and the casing looked like sandpaper and they still worked fine. The issue I that they have a tendancy to develope hairline cracks or fractures in the plastic casings. It's a known issue with AAPL and they are replacing them under warrenty (I've gone through 10 3G's) and they aren't falling apart, but it's still annoying to see them. I believe it's due to one of two factors. 1) some cemical reaction to some peoples skin makeup. You know the Ph of peoples hand oils. 2) heat and cold stress causing the plastic to expand and contract enough to make tiny fractures form.
I'm a technician that is in the elements a lot. Outside at 95 degrees plus, then into a CRAC unit where it's 45 degrees. Plus, I wear sunscreen in the summer months and that is when I have experienced most of my issues.
I used to keep the phone in a leather belt holster. But now after APPL upgraded me to the 3GS, I have a few cases that I've been experimenting with. So far, so good.
I do miss the Aluminum case from the first generation models. Those were indestructible.

Devaclis
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 10:04 AM
http://capitalistliontamer.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/iceman.jpg

whitebrad
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 10:38 AM
http://capitalistliontamer.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/iceman.jpg

meh heeerow

Supa77
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Grats on the new phone!

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 12:19 PM
icanhascheezburger has an iPhone app... that's all you really need.
Nah...but there is a Texts from last night app for the CrackBerries...THAT is all one needs! lol

Player 2
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 12:25 PM
I have decided to put my differences with Steve aside long enough to try it out. Now, I just need a shit tonne of apps for it.

GODDAMN I HATE ITUNES

JAILBREAK FTMFW!!!!!!!!

Sean
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Can't believe you sold out. :guns: At least a few of us have crackberries still.

Devaclis
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 12:26 PM
I still have a bunch of them

rforsythe
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 12:40 PM

I think you got lucky. I went through three of them. The first one would just reboot or lock up at random, so that wasn't good. The 2nd one got dropped from a whopping 2 feet - cracked the display from one corner to the opposite (try typing email with that). The third one would periodically just decide it hated the SIM card for no reason, and rather than make noise to alert me, just put a little "oh noes" icon in the corner. Rather hard to be oncall for work when your phone unknowingly just decides it won't take calls or SMS anymore. Many of my coworkers have had similar issues.

The 3G-S is pretty nice. The new OS also supports the keyboard when tilted sideways which is a HUGE improvement.

Sideways KB was supported before, just not in as many places. If anything my beef with the new software is that it goes into sideways mode way too easy for my liking. Again, lots of ppl I know have the same complaint. It's not hard to get it back to vertical when I want it that way, just an annoyance. I think AAPL might be working on decreasing the sensitivity though.

Also waiting to be able to send pics via text AND use Flash for MS apps like Office Communicator.

Yeah, actually the phone does it but AT&T blocks it. I think there's a way to unlock it and do MMS now but I haven't played with it. Same with tethering, you can unlock the feature and tether over bluetooth. The phone has the features, but our glorious US carrier decides to fuck it all up. Interestingly, Verizon tried that with some of the Motorola phones several years back (Mot said what the phone could do, Verizon said "oh no it won't cause we say so"). They got class-action-bitchslapped and had to stop doing that due to what ultimately amounted to false advertising.

Devaclis
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 12:45 PM
ATT supports that functionality on all of there other phones. I am sure it is not just a case of them being dickheads for no reason. Jobs is cunt and I am sure there is a reason outside of "ATT just will not allow it"

Player 2
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 12:48 PM
ATT supports that functionality on all of there other phones. I am sure it is not just a case of them being dickheads for no reason. Jobs is cunt and I am sure there is a reason outside of "ATT just will not allow it"

AT&T is terrified what'll happen when the millions of iPhone users all start sending MMS on their already underpowered network all at once ;)

rforsythe
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 01:01 PM
AT&T is terrified what'll happen when the millions of iPhone users all start sending MMS on their already underpowered network all at once ;)

They already have issues from iPhone 2.0 users who haven't upgraded to 3.0. The v2 code handles the cell tower communication differently which was causing capacity issues, since it can lock up tower resources for everyone. There's a big push to get everyone on 3.0 just to help the network itself keep up.

They claim MMS will be released around mid-August from what I was reading, so that should be available any day now. In theory.

Player 2
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Patiently waiting... (since I don't have another AT&T phone to "activate" it with myself)

Canuck
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 01:34 PM
I've read mid-September. :dunno:

rforsythe
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I just read the same thing when I looked it up again. Guess it's pending OS 3.1 which is in beta now.

TheStig
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Word, I will will wait until we start getting our Android phones (soon). I just hope we get more than the Motorola ones, Motorola is like the Hyundai of phones. Till then my crackberry rocks!

Keepitgreen
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I reckon that the only app you need is the MotoGP app..
Really... That is it..
Maybe Skype, Sirius xm, Weather Channel, and the AC 130 game.. oh, Isniper too..

ok.. that's it..

Devaclis
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Any good remote desktop apps?

Also looking for something to disable the camera shutter sound. (so I can take upskirt shots)

What case are you guys sporting and how do you like them?

Keepitgreen
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I think you may have to do the jailbreak thing to get rid of sound..
I use a plexiglass type of clear case for my itouch.. I have a crackberry...

Zach929rr
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Any good remote desktop apps?

Sumo was actually showing me a pretty cool Citrix based solution on his Iphone yesterday. Might be worth chatting him up about it.

eg bter
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:14 AM

I put the full body invisasheild on mine...no scratches but wont do much for impact protection.

DevilsTonic
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Who needs MMS when you have email!? :P

Devaclis
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:21 AM
I am using Activesync and sometimes OWA which is working pretty well for me right now. As far as getting stuff from my exchange box, I don't think I need anything else.

Email - check
Calendar - check
Contacts - check
Handjobs - uncheck :(

salsashark
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:23 AM

I didn't like the silicon gel cases... go for the hard cases.

http://www.wireless.att.com/global/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/acc-75090-l.jpg
My other suggestion, get the screen protectors... They are cheap insurance and easy to replace when they get scratched up.

Wyck
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I pay $85 a month for the service for unlimited web, texts, and phone.

With AT&T or do you have it unlocked and are using it on another provider?

Devaclis
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I drop and run over my phones a lot. I think the hard case is the way to go for me. Which case is that Salsalito?

Devaclis
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:30 AM
With AT&T or do you have it unlocked and are using it on another provider?

Not unlocked, I don't think. I just got it at the AT&T store. The gave me a hell of a deal on it and the service and customer support has been awesome for the 4 years I have used them.

Horsman
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:32 AM
I am using Activesync and sometimes OWA which is working pretty well for me right now. As far as getting stuff from my exchange box, I don't think I need anything else.

Email - check
Calendar - check
Contacts - check
Handjobs - uncheck :(

OWA sucks :scream1: - good luck exporting your contacts to a CSV file...

salsashark
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I drop and run over my phones a lot. I think the hard case is the way to go for me. Which case is that Salsalito?

This is the one I have. (http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=cat980639&q_sku=sku2850328&q_manufacturer=&q_model=)

I have a few friends who use the iFrogz cases and they really like them as well (http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=cat980639&q_sku=sku3170220&q_manufacturer=&q_model=)

Devaclis
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:37 AM

I dig OWA. I can get my mail anywhere I can acesss the intardwebz. As for contacts, I only needed them updated on my new phone. They are saved in my exchange account so I can export them to CSV whenever I need to :)

Your anger is misdirected my friendly neighborhood Clidesdale. You need happy hour brews.

Wyck
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:49 AM
FAACK.... I was pricing it out and it was going to be at least $100 a month...are you on a family plan or something?

Horsman
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Your anger is misdirected my friendly neighborhood Clidesdale. You need happy hour brews.
Yes, Yes, Happy Hour brews are needed... :drink:
I take my anger out on the computer
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_377/12375951955EAq9M.jpg
not on the leo-tard ladies at the gym.

Devaclis
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:52 AM
FAACK.... I was pricing it out and it was going to be at least $100 a month...are you on a family plan or something?

Nope

Phone plan - $40
Unlimited Data $30
Unlimited texting - $15

Just the normal stuff.

Keepitgreen
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:57 AM

Can't he do the Mobile Me thing where it synchs everything?
What if he still uses his old sim card?

Wyck
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Hmmm you must be locked in under old prices then.

Devaclis
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I am not sure. If you call them, you can always haggle :)

Wyck
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 11:00 AM
I can't afford to switch right now anyway. $200 for the phone and $200 canc fee. :(

Keepitgreen
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 11:01 AM
On the topic of "unlocked" phones, I use Tmobile and have had my phones unlocked free of charge just by asking.

They don't advertise it but once you are with them for 90 days, you can request an unlock and they do it.

It is the same thing for ATT if I remember it correctly.. I hear of some people going to sites and buying unlock codes for like 30 to 80 bucks when all they have to do is call and request it.

I don't know if it works for the iphone (I doubt it)...

Devaclis
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Ouch!

I haggled my 16GB iPhone down to the 8GB price :)

Cancellation fees FTL :(

Wyck
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Yeah I will be haggling the canc fee when I am ready to switch because the service has gone to hell. But I won't have much grounds for haggling with ATT over the new 3gs.