PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist Cock-smokers!

sugarrey
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 03:59 PM
So I was looking around the intrawebz for craigslist cock-sucker tools. You know, the tools that get people pissed off (the actual people with actual shit to sell). Found out there is code/programs out there that actually find all the ads that are selling the same your trying to sell and start flagging them so your ad is the only valid one and get the sale. Also, bulk emailers for scammers, and ways to supposedly edit other peoples posts. What a bunch of dicks!

Time for "craig" to pony up and start doing a little work. I know that will cost money, and I really like that cl is free. But there has good to be middle-ground somewhere where they can limit the d-bag content entering their site.

McVaaahhh
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah, unfortunately letting the "inmates run the asylum" brings out all the douchebags and all the ways to create as much spam and bullshit to ruin a great thing.

Ricky
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 04:18 PM
They've changed the way their site reacts to flags. An automated tool can't just flag an ad and expect that it gets removed. It must come from multiple sources.

You can't edit an ad that was listed under a user account. You can find ways to edit an ad that wasn't listed under a user account, since the only way to edit those is via a link in an email.

Craigslist is simple and insecure for a reason. Because that's how you keep costs cheap. If you want security or reliability, go sell your shit on ebay or something.

sugarrey
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 07:16 PM
actually I have had an ad changed on me on craigslist so there has to be a way. Only happened once and I sell any average of 30 items per month on it so its not a huge deal.

CL used to be much cleaner in my opinion. 80 percent of the ads in the denver admin link is bullshit. And I flag the ads daily and they are still there.

I still love CL, dont get me wrong. But it seems as though it is getting polluted pretty quickly, something will have to be done.

rforsythe
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 07:42 PM
I still love CL, dont get me wrong. But it seems as though it is getting polluted pretty quickly, something will have to be done.

Hiring people to give flagging a "human" response costs money. It's a free service. Also consider that the owners of CL have about zero incentive to make it any more feature-rich than it is, as they'd rather have you go sell it on eBay if that's what you want.

sugarrey
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I hear ya'll. Just sad to see a good thing go to waste.

k_smittay
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Craigslist.... 60% of the time... it sucks everytime.