PDA

View Full Version : Motorcyclist dies in apparent road-rage crash

UglyDogRacing
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 04:42 PM
or why not to brake check an RV while riding a motorcycle....

http://media.venturacountystar.com/vcs/content/img/photos/2009/08/10/20090810-230847-pic-503031046_t220.jpg

Motorcyclist dies in apparent road-rage crash (http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2009/aug/10/1-dead-in-camarillo-crash/)

McVaaahhh
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 04:44 PM
bad link.

UglyDogRacing
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 04:51 PM
bad link.

fixed!

R1NORI
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 04:59 PM
NEVER NEVER BRAKE CHECK A 7000LB RV
ON A 700LB motorcycle
Right or Wrong
WOW

Motodrew
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I would like to say this is unbelievable, however this childish act is becoming more & more common. Why would one brake check anyone? (especially on a motorcycle in front of an RV that has a 60-0 braking distance of a near mile)

Foolish act in my opinion. I don't care what the other driver did to ya.

JustSomeDude
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Here sure showed him!

R1NORI
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I find it hard to believe that harley could pass that RV

TurboGizzmo
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I dont brake check, i down shift....but not on a bike :)

puckstr
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Wow what a Tard...

now a dead tard

zetaetatheta
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Rule of gross tonnage.

XJ600s
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Sad to hear of the fatality, my thoughts go to his family and friends.

But, this just goes to show that with age does not naturally come wisdom. And, doubt it would have helped, but with the look of that bike I highly doubt he was wearing any gear whatsoever. Might have done something, but seeing that he was dragged 75 feet under the RV, my thoughts are probably not.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Well, since the guy driving the RV conveniently killed the guy, it looks like we only have one side of the story. That he drug the guy and continued another 500' makes me wonder what the real story is. If the guy brake-checked him and got hisself killed, well, bummer, but it seems even with no witnesses they are quick to decide the biker was at fault.

This is very disturbing:
"While authorities are still trying to determine why, young men riding fast sport bikes and older men returning to motorcycles after a long absence appear to be factors, said Chris Cochran, a spokesman for the Office of Traffic Safety."

How did they determine THIS? WTF?!?!

longrider
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 07:33 PM
This is very disturbing:
"While authorities are still trying to determine why, young men riding fast sport bikes and older men returning to motorcycles after a long absence appear to be factors, said Chris Cochran, a spokesman for the Office of Traffic Safety."

How did they determine THIS? WTF?!?!

In the industry I see the studies and the second part of that is very true. BABs - Born Again Bikers are riders who rode back in their early 20s, quit riding for decades and took it up again in middle age. They buy the biggest cruiser they can get and think I rode before, I know how to ride. BABs are the biggest increase in motorcycle fatalities. The sportbike fatality rate, while high, has been holding fairly steady.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 07:52 PM
In the industry I see the studies and the second part of that is very true. BABs - Born Again Bikers are riders who rode back in their early 20s, quit riding for decades and took it up again in middle age. They buy the biggest cruiser they can get and think I rode before, I know how to ride. BABs are the biggest increase in motorcycle fatalities. The sportbike fatality rate, while high, has been holding fairly steady.

True, I've seent the stats too, but is it relevant in the cases or just ASSUMED to be relevant? Without a root cause of the accident these assertions by the faceless authoraties are baseless.

McVaaahhh
Tue Aug 11th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Stupid reason to die, road rage.

RIP.

Mother Goose
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 08:16 AM
What a drag. Why the ef would you brake check ANYTHING while on a bike? That's just retarded.

MetaLord 9
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Yeah, this appears to be a sudden and potent lesson in physics