PDA

View Full Version : My head hurts, my feet stink, and I don't love jesus ...............

Nick_Ninja
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 08:35 AM
But Frampton rawked the house last night :headbang::rock::bananna::guinness:

Devaclis
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 08:37 AM
haha i have been reading reviews this morning that that concert RAWKED!!!

Shea
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Nice :rock:

CBRSue
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:17 AM
My brother's favorite present for his 16th birthday (1976) was the "Frampton Comes Alive" album. He would run me out of the house 'cause he played the stereo so freakin' loud. I was just a li'l kid, what can I say. He got the Jackson Five album on that birthday, too, but he was definitely a much bigger fan of Peter.

http://kellypuffs.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/frampton_comes_alive.jpg

puckstr
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:19 AM
My brother's favorite present for his 16th birthday (1976) was the "Frampton Comes Alive" album. He would run me out of the house 'cause he played the stereo so freakin' loud. I was just a li'l kid, what can I say. He got the Jackson Five album on that birthday, too, but he was definitely a much bigger fan of Peter.

http://kellypuffs.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/frampton_comes_alive.jpg

I had that on 8-track tape and either listen to that or 2112 or Dark Side of the Moon, all night long.

CBRSue
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I had that on 8-track tape and either listen to that or 2112 or Dark Side of the Moon, all night long.

I got a rockin' portable 8-track player a couple years later. I bet it's packed away somewhere in my folk's house... I should try and find it. I'm sure my kids would get a kick out of it! I'm a product of the '60s and was influenced by the '70s, but I feel sooooooooo young! (That's what riding motorcycles does to the soul. :))

Wintermute
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I got a rockin' portable 8-track player a couple years later. I bet it's packed away somewhere in my folk's house... I should try and find it. I'm sure my kids would get a kick out of it! I'm a product of the '60s and was influenced by the '70s, but I feel sooooooooo young! (That's what riding motorcycles does to the soul. :))

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/52/112436870_b764e142a3.jpg

Filo
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Who is Peter Frampton? What is an 8 track? Is that like an MP3 player?

Just getting a jump on all the youngsters on this board who have no holy idea what you are talking about. I didn't realize Frampton was still breathing, much less playing...

Mental
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:52 AM
"Frampton Stays Alive...Sponsored by Geritol and Depends."

Devaclis
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I have the KISS Double Platinum LIVE box set on 8-trak. Along with April Wine, Captain and Tennille, Folgerburg, Bread, some Johnny Cash, Jim Reeves, Meatloaf, and a few others.

dirkterrell
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Frampton is an awesome guitarist.

Pffft you youngsters with your 8-tracks. Anyone with any sense knows it was all downhill after 4-tracks.

Dirk

Mental
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 11:31 AM
I have the KISS Double Platinum LIVE box set on 8-trak. Along with April Wine, Captain and Tennille, Folgerburg, Bread, some Johnny Cash, Jim Reeves, Meatloaf, and a few others.

Know how I know you're gay?

Dude, seriously Dan Folgerburg? Thats like the Adam Lambert of the 70's except gayer. The Villgage Peaple called him a fag. the worst part is that isn't even the worst part of that list. Captian and Tennile!?!?! I should be allowed to kick you square for that!! Either adjust that list to include Ted Nuget or you have to wear a dress for the next MRA race. I'm sorry, I don't make the rules, its a state law,

Devaclis
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I am not musically biased :) I listen to almost everything out there, except 90% of fucking RAP "music"

Nick_Ninja
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Know how I know you're gay?

Dude, seriously Dan Folgerburg? Thats like the Adam Lambert of the 70's except gayer. The Villgage Peaple called him a fag. the worst part is that isn't even the worst part of that list. Captian and Tennile!?!?! I should be allowed to kick you square for that!! Either adjust that list to include Ted Nuget or you have to wear a dress for the next MRA race. I'm sorry, I don't make the rules, its a state law,

Saw Dan F. and Joe W. at the Pioneer Inn in Nederland one snowy winter evening. Don't care what you say about the dude ------ if Joe W. playes with the guy he has GOTZ to be gude. just sayin.

Devaclis
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Hey Jeff, any chance I can "borrow" some of that Joe W. you have on your POD?

Mental
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Saw Dan F. and Joe W. at the Pioneer Inn in Nederland one snowy winter evening. Don't care what you say about the dude ------ if Joe W. playes with the guy he has GOTZ to be gude. just sayin.

I am prepared to accept your Walsh justification.
But seriously...

He earned his love
Through discipline
A thundering, velvet hand
His gentle means of sculpting souls
Took me years to understand.
The leader of the band is tired
And his eyes are growing old
But his blood runs through
My instrument
And his song is in my soul --
My life has been a poor attempt
To imitate the man
I'm just a living legacy
To the leader of the band.

So I will acknowledge his skill, but damm can his lyrics be any wussier? I think you just like him becuase he's from Colorado.

I feel your pain there, I have to like the Indigo Girls cuz they're from Georgia, that and we're all into chicks.

I remember an old Dennis Leary joke suggesting he should sue Fogelberg and James Taylor for turning him soft, based on the legal precedent of the lawsuit filed by the parents of the two young men who killed themselves after listening to Judas Priest. "Your Honor, between those two I didn't get a blowjob until I was 27."

Nick_Ninja
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Hey Jeff, any chance I can "borrow" some of that Joe W. you have on your POD?

Pleanty of Joe W to go around :up:

I am prepared to accept your Walsh justification.
But seriously...

So I will acknowledge his skill, but damm can his lyrics be any wussier? I think you just like him becuase he's from Colorado.

I feel your pain there, I have to like the Indigo Girls cuz they're from Georgia, that and we're all into chicks.

I remember an old Dennis Leary joke suggesting he should sue Fogelberg and James Taylor for turning him soft, based on the legal precedent of the lawsuit filed by the parents of the two young men who killed themselves after listening to Judas Priest. "Your Honor, between those two I didn't get a blowjob until I was 27."

OK Dan was gheyer than a jbird when it czme to puting word to paper. :slappers:

However, technically he was right there with the guitar.

He was from Michigan but hung out in CO (Nederland and later Pagosa Springs) RIP Dan

The I-Gurlz are a topshelf act ----- but as far as GA bands I'll take the B-52's and REM over them any day.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Never liked Frampton but April Wine ROCKS! Sign of the Gypsy Queen RULES.

dirkterrell
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 01:40 PM
The I-Gurlz are a topshelf act ----- but as far as GA bands I'll take the B-52's and REM over them any day.

:yes:

Dirk