PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Northy CSC Yard Sale To Benefit Ceez

Nerves
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I know we have quite a few members up here in the front range, so the question is, who would be willing to help put on a weekend yard sale in Fort Collins or Loveland next weekend to raise money for Ceez efforts to win his son back. I know I have a bunch of stuff I can donate and I figure we all can come up with a good amount of merch to sell. All money made will be donated to Ceez or go directly to his lawyer if he so choses. Would anyone be willing to lend us the use of their yard or garage for the sale? Anyone willing to man the register any of the days? Speak up northies, I know if it was my daughter, my bike would be gone and all my guns and every nick knack I ever owned worth any amount of money. Lets help the man out.

OUTLAWD
Wed Aug 12th, 2009, 11:58 PM
I don't think I have anything to donate to the cause...but my time is free...When were you thinking? I am going down to pueblo this weekend.

Nerves
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I was thinking next weekend, Saturday-Sunday. I know the New West Fest in Fort Collins will be taking up a lot of peoples time this weekend, and mine too as I am working security for one of the stages so this weekend is shot for me. But we don't want to do it to late either, sounds like Ceez's situation is very time sensitive. But it would ultimately be decided by all the participants.

Ricky
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Oh holy crap. I have a decent amount of stuff I could donate to a garage sale.

SaShWhO
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 10:28 AM
:up:your ongoing efforts to help out one of our own very much please me.

mtnairlover
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Hey Sevren, are you talking August 22 and 23 ?

If so, then my place might be the ticket. Give me a holler...cell phone in PM...we can discuss particulars.

I've got a ton of stuff I won't be taking with me when we move, so that's why I'm offering ;-)

Nerves
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Yes indeededo, that is the dates I am referring to. I'll text ya here in a bit. Anyone else?

Think
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Might have some stuff, I'll have to check when I get back out to school.

Spiderman
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I have some stuff I could donate. Good idea! :up:

GixxerCarrie
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 01:29 PM
You guys all rock!

eg bter
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I might have some randomness to sell as well

mtnairlover
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 02:16 PM
If you need me to be at my house on the 22nd, that might put a damper on plans, since I will be out of town at my sis-in-law's long awaited wedding.

But, if you just want to take over the front yard and the huge 2-car garage and extra wide driveway to sell stuff, then I'm ok with sharing. But, ya gotta call me to discuss the details...m-kay?:)

Ceez
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Thank you guys so much. Let me know what help you need. I too can offer up a huge front yard and driveway along with plenty of stuff

Nerves
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 06:13 PM
If you need me to be at my house on the 22nd, that might put a damper on plans, since I will be out of town at my sis-in-law's long awaited wedding.

But, if you just want to take over the front yard and the huge 2-car garage and extra wide driveway to sell stuff, then I'm ok with sharing. But, ya gotta call me to discuss the details...m-kay?:)

Sorry, I took a nap after lunch. I'm trying to keep myself awake for the day instead of sleeping my usual schedule. I failed. The 22nd should not be a problem, my wife and I can watch it and we should be around the 23rd too. Thanks everybody for contributing. I will start advertising on CL middle of next week. I'll also look into a local newspaper add to see what that will run.

Can anyone provide some tables? I have one card table and that is it. I would also like to have a bunch of soda on ice to sell to people who stop by, like 50 cents a pop.

mtnairlover
Thu Aug 13th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I have a pretty big cooler for you to use. I also have a long plastic foldaway table about 6 feet long in my laundry room for you to use. There's a broken down round table in the garage that could be used as well. Lots of stuff in my basement that needs to go and pretty sure I'm getting rid of most of the stuff in my living room. There's also some items in the garage that we need to talk about getting rid of.

crazyhammer10
Sun Aug 16th, 2009, 06:08 PM
dont have anything to sell but are donations welcome at this event too

mtnairlover
Sun Aug 16th, 2009, 07:06 PM
It's a donation...so yes :)

Nerves
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Well, back from a long weekend, worked 32 hours in 3 days, lets talk details. Anyone who has items to donate to the sale send me a IM to give me an idea of what you have and if you will be able to drop it off Saturday or Sunday and I will give you the address and what times we will be planning to do it.

Nerves
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Bump. The more the merrier.

mtnairlover
Wed Aug 19th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Items I will more than likely have out on the driveway include couches that would work in a frat house, some cabling tools, some computer odds and ends, as well as outdated software how-to texts. A lonely front tire...Metzler with 3000 miles on it...could go another 3000.

Hope to see some folks up in Loveland this weekend.:)

Spiderman
Wed Aug 19th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Anybody from the North-metro area heading up to bring stuff to donate to this?

Nerves
Wed Aug 19th, 2009, 04:23 PM
So looks like we will be starting up at 0900 on Saturday and 1000 or 1030 on Sunday. If you want to bring by a load of items or a card table or too, send myself or (Cathy)mtnairlover a PM for the address. We have a few precipitants but we can always use more. For the sake of Mr. Ceezer, please go rummage through your closets and garage and see if there is something you don't want that someone else might. And if you have nothing and still want to help, bring by a 12 pack of coke so we can keep the cool drinks supplied for the volunteers, donators and customers.

Nerves
Fri Aug 21st, 2009, 03:28 PM
Well, we didn't have much interest in the event so we are going to scrap it. The garage sale is a no-go. PM's sent to those involved.