PDA

View Full Version : Garage sale find

nlh8584
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 02:01 PM
ok i found a little no name chinese dirt bike at a garage sale for under a hundred bucks. It looks a little bigger than a 50 but the guy is not sure on its size. It needs the kill switch and throtle fixed because his son hit a tree. Said to have only been rode 4 times and after the crash mom doesent want him to have it. So my questin is it worth 75 bucks to fix and have as a little pit bike of camping toy? :dunno: Just looking for a little input, because i know nothing of these little bikes

whitebrad
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 02:26 PM
pretty much, if it's worth it to you...

MetaLord 9
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 02:29 PM
If you're ride it & have fun, sure! If you don't have a way of getting it out of the neighbrohood then I'm not sure I'd get it.

nlh8584
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 02:36 PM
whats the worst a cop could do if im riding up and down my street. I know i could have fun on it but do you think the throtle would be an easy fix? I know i can just wire the kill switch to a toggle

rforsythe
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 02:54 PM
whats the worst a cop could do if im riding up and down my street. I know i could have fun on it but do you think the throtle would be an easy fix? I know i can just wire the kill switch to a toggle

Ticket you for riding an unlicensed vehicle, etc. I've seen cops go apeshit over pocketbikes before.

dallas
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 02:55 PM
For a pitbike/camping toy, go for it. For riding around your hood, stick to licensed vehicles.......

64BonnieLass
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Yep. And wasn't there some guy who acually received a DUI for riding on his motorized bar seat in his own neighborhood? :drink:

MetaLord 9
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 03:05 PM
For a pitbike/camping toy, go for it. For riding around your hood, stick to licensed vehicles.......
Agree.

Depends on what's wrong with the throttle. If it's just the handlebar controls & the cables are in tact, then it should be an easy fix. If more is screwed up, it might not be worth it.

You could probby look at parts online or something. Just don't go to Steele's

nlh8584
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 03:21 PM
yea the guys at steeles are a bunch of dicks. But any ways i just went and got it so ill see if i can fix it tonight. and as for riding on my block it would be few and far in between and if i get hasseled il just tell em i just fixed it and was making sure everything works

McVaaahhh
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Great thing about the pitbikes is the parts are dirt cheap and easily found on ebay.

If you don't want it, let me know where it is and I'll buy it. :up: