PDA

View Full Version : Photo Shop Guru's, Paint my track bike!

Lomax
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 12:32 PM
If anyone gets bored and wants to play with Photo Shop, Here is a challenge for you. I am setting up a track body for my Ducati and want thoughts on a paint scheme. The only criteria is that the Gas tank and Air box must remain Red.

Here are some ideas I had. In my really bad art form. Note it will also have Section8superbike decals on it.

First is a Red, White, Green theme. (Italy)
Second is a Red,White, Blue scheme. (USA)
Last is the bike as it is now. (Stock)

Either E-mail me your ideas to lomaxcm@louisville.stortek.com or post them for all to enjoy.

I know I will get some wild ones but I am serious about this folks. :D

Cheers.
Marc

UglyDogRacing
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 01:14 PM
some advice; keep it as simple as possible. it's inevitable that it will not look the same after a few races.

friscokidd
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 01:27 PM
some advice; keep it as simple as possible. it's inevitable that it will not look the same after a few races.

:imwithstupid:

Nbot
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 02:27 PM
spend yur dough on schools or suspension or damping or tires for the season or spare parts or good gear...unless you just got some really HOT cash...in which case, wanna sponsor me?

Lomax
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Nbot,

That is the plan. I am not going racing but will be taking schools etc. I am planning on an El-Cheapo paint job so as not to spend my money there. I have been know to work wonders with rattle cans. :lol: I just thought that something might look better that the raw fiberglass body parts. As I am artistically challenged I was looking for input. Heck maybe I' just cammo it :D You think I'm kidding? :twisted:

Ride Safe.
Marc

nileator01
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 03:59 PM
yeah, here's what it will look like after you crash on it! :(

Jenny
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 05:00 PM
here is a r w & b

and yeah so I missed the 'airbox' line.

firefghtr
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 05:02 PM
the italian flag looked good

Lomax
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Thanks for all the ideas and positive reinforcement :321: ;)

Jenny, How did you do that, It is beautiful. I guess I really am artistically challenged. :lol:

Cheers
Marc

Anonymous
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 06:01 PM
You could use vinyl over the airbox unless you plan on going back & forth between the street & race bodywork a lot. :dunno:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/files/joe_s-duc.jpgMust've been some dumb-ass Novice that caused that wreck! :roll:

Wanna see how it happened? :oops:

http://videos.cosportbikeclub.org/Bob/MRA/CrashPics/CrashSequence_ani.gif

R1chie
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Here ya go

Lomax
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Ouch! :shock: It looks like more Second Creek debauchery at work. Nice catch on the other guys bike however.

Na the race body is only going to be used for a few track days a year. I will not get back into racing! :roll: I keep telling myself that.

Marc.

Anonymous
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Here ya go
Nice, but: :roll:

The only criteria is that the Gas tank and Air box must remain Red.

Anonymous
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 06:42 PM
:spit: I just noticed the girl! :lol:

R1chie
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Not to worry, she is clothed, hard to see though..

Anonymous
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Ouch! :shock: It looks like more Second Creek debauchery at work. Nice catch on the other guys bike however.Nice catch? I didn't take the pics - I'm #112! :oops: :lol:

Lomax
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Sweet 8) Na i can do that with a rattle can or it would be cheap to have done. :lol: I would really be afraid to ride it then. :D

Marc

R1chie
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Sweet 8) Na i can do that with a rattle can or it would be cheap to have done. :lol: I would really be afraid to ride it then. :D

Marc

Actually you would take it in to a graphics shop, they would make a vinyl sticker out of it of the image. I was going to purchase one and do some signs and decal for bikes (like COGIXX does but the unit prints as well as cuts) but the unit is about $12,000 when I was considering photography to create more income. I am suprised people are not more creative and use stuff like this, it is not that expensive anymore. Instead of spay canning you throw a vinyl sticker over your body work. Cracks... holes.... no problem. You don't even have to use a picture, just a vinyl sticker with an interesting shape and/or color.

Lomax
Mon Mar 14th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Nice catch? I didn't take the pics - I'm #112! :oops: :lol:

DOH! :shock: Gotta watch out for those Asphalt snakes. They will grab your tire given half a chance.

Marc.

mikesf4i
Tue Mar 15th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Lomax,
I dont mean to highjack your thread, but is that your M151?

Lomax
Tue Mar 15th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Thread Hijacker! :lol: Just kidding.

Yep that is my M151A1. I also have a Swiss Pinzgauer. More toys. ;)

Marc

mikesf4i
Tue Mar 15th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Sweet!! Can I come over and check them out sometime?

R1chie
Tue Mar 15th, 2005, 10:35 AM
opps

Lomax
Tue Mar 15th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Well sure you can :) PM Sent.

Marc

nileator01
Tue Mar 15th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the excuse to kill time at work. :lol:

A little green for ya in tribute to your jeep!

Bigtime73
Tue Mar 15th, 2005, 03:02 PM
You could use vinyl over the airbox unless you plan on going back & forth between the street & race bodywork a lot. :dunno:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/files/joe_s-duc.jpgMust've been some dumb-ass Novice that caused that wreck! :roll:

Wanna see how it happened? :oops:

http://videos.cosportbikeclub.org/Bob/MRA/CrashPics/CrashSequence_ani.gif

I just wanna know how you wreck so early in the corner?? What crash number was that? 1..2..3..4??

Anonymous
Tue Mar 15th, 2005, 03:49 PM
It was on the first lap of a restart, so it was pretty crowded going into the turn. I saw an opening and dove for it, but had to brake at the same time. I guess my tires weren't up to temp, because I tucked the front end almost immediately.

That was officially crash #3. :oops:
Crash #1 - NGTU @ La Junta (Race #4)
Crash #2 - NGTU @ SCR (Race #5)
Crash #3 (this one) - NGTO @ SCR (Race #6)
Crash #4 - NGTO @ SCR (Race #10)

Devil954
Tue Mar 15th, 2005, 05:16 PM
:lol: nice work Bob ! it costed more to repair his bike than you paid for yours :lol:

Anonymous
Tue Mar 15th, 2005, 05:28 PM
:shock: I never thought of it that way! :oops: :lol:

Devil954
Tue Mar 15th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Just giving you a hard time man . hope you (and a few more of us )have better luck this year :lol:

Devaclis
Tue Mar 15th, 2005, 05:44 PM
I could not make it prettier, so I made it faster:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/devaclis/duc1.jpg

Devil954
Tue Mar 15th, 2005, 05:47 PM
We have a winner folks :lol: Thats the coolest Duc I have seen yet

Jenny
Wed Mar 16th, 2005, 10:00 AM
lomax, I'm a designer - that's how I did it! :D If you want, I can really work something up for you as far as a design. Let me know if you want any changes. :)

Hmmm now I have an idea for an Italian theme... I'll have to work that up soon. =)

nileator01
Wed Mar 16th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Ok, so here it is after you take it to the track with Spiderman! ;)

Anonymous
Wed Mar 16th, 2005, 05:27 PM
:lol:

Lomax
Wed Mar 16th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Ah yes, The Dhali (sp?) Duc. Now why did i not think of that. Actually i am leaning toward the ITA flag design. After all the Section8superbike stickers on on it i think it will look just fine. i am still deciding however.

Oh and I gotta get one of dem 393cc hahaduhs :lol:

Yes Jenny i am NOT a designer. :D

Ride Safe.
Marc

Lomax
Sat Apr 23rd, 2005, 03:56 PM
I bet you are all wondering how this turned out. Yea Right! :lol: Well here are a couple of pics of the paint job. THANK you Super Guru James. :yay:

Notice the ghosted DUCATIDUCATI on the white in the second shot.

Ride Safe.
Marc

JOE!!!!!!
Sat Apr 23rd, 2005, 04:14 PM
Lookin good, Marc
Nice job, James

Marc, what body did you end up using?

Joe

Lomax
Sat Apr 23rd, 2005, 04:18 PM
Thanks Joe.

It is a Cheetah body. They are great people to work with and the body fit Um? OK! ;)

Bueller
Sat Apr 23rd, 2005, 05:18 PM
Now givin half a chance I would surely take that one on the track and give you an opinion :lol:
Looks good Marc

Jenny
Sat Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:24 PM
That looks beautiful! James did awesome on that! :D

Cleveland
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 12:16 AM
looks good. 8)

JT_42
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Thanks everybody........
I'm glad Marc was happy with it.

No more Ducati Red.....To damn expensive...

James

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 08:32 AM
What a beaut!!!!