PDA

View Full Version : Back in action! and down again...

green_zx7r
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks to Jim at TFOG and Mickey at Kontradictions (custom paint & graphics), the ZX6R track bike is alive again!

The following have been done in the last 3 weeks:

Front forks - Blown fork seal fixed, and revalved/resprung for my weight.
Right brake lever fixed
Right peg replaced
Right brake foot lever fixed
Tail section fixed and painted in Kwaker green
New tires (BT003s)

Didn't have time to have the whole bike painted but now that she's been bitten by the kwaker green on her ass, she'll make the transition to the proper color soon. :hump:

She's ready to roll out to Pueblo for some Vanmar schooling! Woohoo! Can't wait!

Hopefully the ribs will hold up on that bumpy ass track!

See ya guys there!

Yusuke

JPrider
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Good to see that you will be able make it to the school, see you there Yusuke...I'm in the school as well.

Matty
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 09:29 PM
glad your bike is back... was talking about your accident at IMI with Travis and Chad yesterday.

green_zx7r
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 09:38 PM
glad your bike is back... was talking about your accident at IMI with Travis and Chad yesterday.

Feel free to completely change the story so it sounds cooler. Ya know, something like... "Yusuke was chasing down Ben Bostrom, but did a spectacular high sided when attempting to make a pass on Ben."

Or wait, that was Scott's real story!

green_zx7r
Fri Aug 14th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Good to see that you will be able make it to the school, see you there Yusuke...I'm in the school as well.

Thanks, and see ya there bright and early!!!

hcr25
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 07:34 AM
How are you feeling my friend? Let me know if there is anything i can do to help. I think you wewre doing very well by the end of the day.
Mike

green_zx7r
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Mike,
Thank you VERY much for the MRA class. It was very informative and very helpful following you around the track.

I'm doing fine. A little bruised up on the left. Again, thank GOD it was the left side. Otherwise I would re-broken my ribs on the right again! LOL!

The bike seems fine, just cosmetic damage. Mickey at Kontradictions won't like seeing this since he has more to do than just paint it green. :)

I went over that crash in my head several times but it is simply about not paying attention. As we came through (I was in the very back) turn 6 a/b, and setting up for 7, I came in too hot for the speed we were going into 7. I think there was some one going pretty slow holding up the group into seven... So instead of cornholing one of the students I hit the dirt. Unfortunately I was on front brake when I hit the dirt so I went down. Either way, it's my fault for not paying attention to what's in front of me.

If there's any place to go down easy, that was it, so I'm good except for some bruised body parts and ego.

Thanks again for your training Mike, it was very very helpful!

Yusuke

Zach929rr
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Happy you are ok. The bike doen't look too bad either. Heal up quick (again!) :)

rybo
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Yusuke,

I'm really glad that you joined us yesterday and that you had a good and informative class with Mike and Vanmar.

As always, if there is anything i can do to help you get back on track, you know my number.

S

green_zx7r
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks Scott! Unfortunately my dumbass crashed during the MRA class (not afterwards, darn!), so I assume I didn't get the race certificate but I'll try again next year! :)
Huge thanks goes to Mark S. for sorting out my suspension during the MRA class. He completely transformed my bike so I felt more comfortable... Thanks also to the ambulance crew who helped me during my low side!

Filo
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Yusuke,

You need to stop succumbing to gravity. I have a solution. I am planning on doing the next HPR Chicane day, but I need bike. Give me your bike. I will either 1) not crash or 2) crash so hard you need a new bike. Either way, you don't crash :)

green_zx7r
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 11:31 AM
LOL! Adam, you can borrow the ZX6R ANY TIME my friend. I trust you. Why? I don't know...

The plastics are damaged though, but nothing duct tape and some zip ties can't fix apparently!:)

She's all yours if ya need her. Just let me know.

green_zx7r
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Happy you are ok. The bike doen't look too bad either. Heal up quick (again!) :)

Thanks! I guess I'm joining your "Offical Member of "I broke Rule #1" Club"

rybo
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks! I guess I'm joining your "Offical Member of "I broke Rule #1" Club"

The club has stickers...I'll be happy to get one to you!

s

hcr25
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 01:22 PM

s

I never want one of those :)

Zach929rr
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I never want one of those :)

:lol:

One wears it with honor regardless :)

green_zx7r
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 01:49 PM

s

LOL! Gee, thanks Scott! I guess?
I'll put the sticker on the inside of my fairing so no one sees it until I crash again and the fairing tears off.

Seriously though, I just need to settle down a bit and gather my focus. I've been torn about going riding track and not spending my precious weekend days with my daughter. That has a lot of impact on me focusing on riding apparently since I'm thinking of her all of the time. I may need to hang up the gloves for now and enjoy my time with my daughter, then come back to ride after I get sick of her. :p

sprtbkbabe
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 07:51 PM
I wished I'd seen your pics before Sunday Yusuke! I woulda said hi to ya when working 10. I woulda recognized the school art drawings, but this? No way! Glad you're safe!!!

eklew
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Hey Yusuke, keep your chin up. Sorry about your get off and I hope that you do not hang up the gloves for too long. Take care and we will ride together again.

green_zx7r
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks Siobhan and Elden.

As I was contemplating whether to hang up my gloves for a while, I get a package at work containing my new helmet and spare face shields... LOL! I guess I forgot I ordered these a while back, but I'd like to interpret this as some one not wanting me to stop riding track! (Yeah yeah, I would have taken whatever sign I could to keep riding!)

So I'll get my plastics fixed by Kontradictions and will be back and at it once my ribs on both sides heal up!

Stay tuned...

Yusuke

Bueller
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Dude, quit falling down. It works gud :lol:

green_zx7r
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 07:59 PM
LOL! I hear that technique works well! Will try that out Dave! :slap: