PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 PMI trackday?

jgixxer1
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Yesterday I heard at the track that there was going to be a 9/11 PMI trackday. Is this for sure? Is it Chicane sponsored?

jbnwc
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Yes! If you heard this:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33978

I hear they are trying to move it to Saturday, Sept. 12 so it is easier to fit everyone's schedules.

jgixxer1
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Seems like it might be a better idea to keep it on 9/11. I'm guessing most of the CSC members will be at HPR on 9/13. They might be more likely to do two trackdays with a day in between than back-to-back trackdays. Not only that, but we don't recognize Memorial Day on a Sunday or a Tuesday. I guess you gotta factor in the car guys also. I don't know, I'm in for Fri 11th or Sat 12th, just my 2cents...

jbnwc
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Yep - I just saw on Judy's FB page that it will for sure be on 9/11.

jbnwc
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 07:40 AM
They might be more likely to do two trackdays with a day in between than back-to-back trackdays.

PANSY!;)

rybo
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 08:50 AM
PANSY!;)

does this mean you will be at both?

:)

Zach929rr
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 09:02 AM

Believe it or not, I was considering doing both myself. A tad masochistic, no?

jbnwc
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 09:13 AM

That's the plan, Stan! Track days are the only reason I work out anymore! I try to stay just fit enough to be able to walk at the end of the day. :)

rybo
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 09:26 AM
NICE!

Well if all goes well with my childcare plans I'm planning on coming to Pueblo and being a participant at a trackday on the 11th. (I don't often get to be a participant...)

jgixxer1
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 02:52 PM
NICE!

Well if all goes well with my childcare plans I'm planning on coming to Pueblo and being a participant at a trackday on the 11th. (I don't often get to be a participant...)

Awesome!! I think I've only seen you on the track like twice, but I've only been to PMI.

JPrider
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Looking forward to this...I'll be at both.

jbnwc
Wed Aug 19th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Rybo - are you bringing your 2up bike? That was easily the best tool that has helped my confidence. Struggling track riders should all get a 2up ride at some point.

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Aug 19th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Rybo - are you bringing your 2up bike? That was easily the best tool that has helped my confidence. Struggling track riders should all get a 2up ride at some point.
Abso-freaking-lutely!!!!
I did the two up with Rybo for the sheer thrill of it and to see what it was like. I then got to ride two up with Shane and watched what I could to apply to going out on my own. Awesome, awesome experience!!!

jgixxer1
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 06:46 PM
How many of you guys signed up for this?

eklew
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I will be there.

rybo
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 08:10 AM

Not this time Jason, as of right now the racebike is down with a blown headgasket. If someone wanted to go for a 2 up ride on their own bike I'd be happy to pilot it for them. I did this with a participant at my last trackday and it worked really well.

See you all there!

Scott

Black Phantom
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Not this time Jason, as of right now the racebike is down with a blown headgasket. If someone wanted to go for a 2 up ride on their own bike I'd be happy to pilot it for them. I did this with a participant at my last trackday and it worked really well.

See you all there!

Scott

When you say 2 up you don't mean bitch do you? I really hate to do that:drink:
If I make it I wouldn't mind it if you ride my bike, I'd like some feed back on what needs to be done to it. Or maybe I'll bring the TL as well.

Kitten
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I'm in. Just talked to the organizer and she needs everyone registered by Thursday in order to get the final count to PMP. Let's get the bike numbers up for this good cause (and it's a super price).

jgixxer1
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Last call for entry... I hope there's more people going than the number that posted to this thread.

rybo
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 10:31 AM
as of yesterday there were 26 cars and 13 bikes

please sign up today and join us tomorrow!

rforsythe
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 11:33 AM
When you say 2 up you don't mean bitch do you? I really hate to do that:drink:
If I make it I wouldn't mind it if you ride my bike, I'd like some feed back on what needs to be done to it. Or maybe I'll bring the TL as well.

Actually you should ride "bitch" for some laps, it's an amazingly educational experience when you can focus on what's happening without having to focus on not crashing too.

eklew
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Awesome time today, thanks to everyone that made this a success!!!!

voncon
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 09:27 AM
I just got an email from Judy Faass at Faasst Performance Driving School, the lady that got the ball rolling on this yearly event. We managed to raise over $3800.00 for SGT Pennell. Thank you eveyone for your support and we look forward to next year - which will be on a Saturday.