PDA

View Full Version : I'm a dirty boy.

Supa77
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 11:20 AM
It didn't take much ride time on the ol DRZ and some paved and unpaved roads for me to realize that even though I really like riding on the street, I could not be complete without being able to say screw it once in a while and leave the pavement behind. I have gone on a few dirt rides now with my good friend Dana and keep finding that some of the coolest places I have seen I would not have been able to see without taking that dirty beaten path. I am addicted to it now. I keep wanting to find new places that most people will probably never even see. I knew the DRZ could keep getting me to these places. I also knew I had to get one. Thanks to Dana and Pie I have now become a dirty boy with a huge smile everytime I get out and ride. :)

McVaaahhh
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Congrats Gene! :up:

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 11:25 AM
It didn't take much ride time on the ol DRZ and some paved and unpaved roads for me to realize that even though I really like riding on the street, I could not be complete without being able to say screw it once in a while and leave the pavement behind. I have gone on a few dirt rides now with my good friend Dana and keep finding that some of the coolest places I have seen I would not have been able to see without taking that dirty beaten path. I am addicted to it now. I keep wanting to find new places that most people will probably never even see. I knew the DRZ could keep getting me to these places. I also knew I had to get one. Thanks to Dana and Pie I have now become a dirty boy with a huge smile everytime I get out and ride. :)So let's go camping this weekend!!

MetaLord 9
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Congrats Mang!!! That one with the mist, looks like a good bike of the month pic... :D

Now ya gotta let me ride it, since I don't have enough bikes in the garage! :D :D :D

Horsman
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I want to get down and dirty.

MetaLord 9
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I want to go down and be dirty.
fixed. :slappers:

mtnairlover
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I just gotta find the right way to be dirty...lol.:)

Funny thing yesterday...after all the work on the rocks, dirt and potholes, we took my fave hwy back to civilization...hwy7 was a sweet way to end the day for me :hump:

Hmmm...dual sport...drz...decisions, decisions.

You looked like you were definitely enjoying yourself yesterday, Gene.

Horsman
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 12:02 PM
fixed. :slappers:
Dream on Big Boy!!! You need to stop projecting your fantasies. Little "L" might get mad!!!! and you are scaring me!!! :shocked:- You can convert your bike into a dirt bike and ride with us!!!!...

MetaLord 9
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Dream on Big Boy!!! You need to stop projecting your fantasies. Little "L" might get mad!!!! and you are scaring me!!! :shocked:- You can convert your bike into a dirt bike and ride with us!!!!...
Nice try, stud, but we hauled ASS through Devil's Gultch yesterday and had so much fun that I'm never converting that bike into anything except a well-traveled fun machine!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D:D:D

Devaclis
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 12:35 PM
We hit Coal Creek and were rippin' it up

We THEN hit up the dirty dirty on Rollins pass and were getting air, sliding around corners, and getting shaken to shreds.

THEN, we hit up Coal Creek and were rippin' it up on the way back down.

Supa77
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Congrats Gene! :up:

Thanks Brian!

So let's go camping this weekend!!

This weekend probably isn't the best. I have a few things I need to get done. One of these weekends for sure though!

Congrats Mang!!! That one with the mist, looks like a good bike of the month pic... :D

Now ya gotta let me ride it, since I don't have enough bikes in the garage! :D :D :D

Haha. Bike o the month huh??? :lol:
I'll let you try it out if the girlie signs a paper saying she won't kick my arse when you want one. Although it would be a nice addition to the man cave!

I want to get down and dirty.

Do it!!!

I just gotta find the right way to be dirty...lol.:)

Funny thing yesterday...after all the work on the rocks, dirt and potholes, we took my fave hwy back to civilization...hwy7 was a sweet way to end the day for me :hump:

Had a lot of fun yesterday! Glad you went too. Hope you had a blast as well!

MetaLord 9
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 12:47 PM
I'll let you try it out if the girlie signs a paper saying she won't kick my arse when you want one. Although it would be a nice addition to the man cave!
meh. She's got a dog. She doesn't care about me anymore. I'm as good as sperm in a refrigerator and money in a bank account.

Supa77
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 12:53 PM
So another bike wouldn't be a big deal after all then. :)

meh. She's got a dog. She doesn't care about me anymore. I'm as good as sperm in a refrigerator and money in a bank account.

Supa77
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 12:54 PM
We hit Coal Creek and were rippin' it up

We THEN hit up the dirty dirty on Rollins pass and were getting air, sliding around corners, and getting shaken to shreds.

THEN, we hit up Coal Creek and were rippin' it up on the way back down.

We flew back down that thing! :scramble:

MetaLord 9
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 01:11 PM
So another bike wouldn't be a big deal after all then. :)
Bingo. :vroomvroom: :D

Devaclis
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 01:19 PM
We flew back down that thing! :scramble:

A couple of times I thought I was a gonner. I hit some rocks that would have torn a steel i-beam in half. Good time tho. I just wish it was closer. 152 miles to ride 38 miles of kickass old school railroad trail.

MetaLord 9
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 01:21 PM
^^You should tackle a cog railway! that' would be radass!

salsashark
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Bingo. :vroomvroom: :D

Well have I got a winter project for you then! I need to make some room in the garage for my ST'er

MetaLord 9
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 01:27 PM
^^ My winter project list already includes wiring & waterproofing an 89 hurricane streetfighter goodness, getting an 87 hurricane back to running from, well, pieces AND wiring & waterproofing it. What've you got, what's it need, & how much?

Devaclis
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I need a 125 cc 2 stroke motor if anyone has one :)

MetaLord 9
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 01:43 PM
^^ Funny, that's what I was thinking...

Devaclis
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 01:45 PM
You building a "chipper" for the new puppah?

MetaLord 9
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 01:49 PM
^^That dog will ride and it will be the best damn dog on a bike that there's ever been! BEST!!!

salsashark
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 02:06 PM
^^ My winter project list already includes wiring & waterproofing an 89 hurricane streetfighter goodness, getting an 87 hurricane back to running from, well, pieces AND wiring & waterproofing it. What've you got, what's it need, & how much?

Sounds like you have more than enough to keep you busy...

Matty
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Hmmmm... what to do today??? oh i know go take a yellow DRZ out for a lil ride. Hahahaha.

Splice a couple of wires together and i'm off!!!

MetaLord 9
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Hmmmm... what to do today??? oh i know go take a yellow DRZ out for a lil ride. Hahahaha.

Splice a couple of wires together and i'm off!!!
You can't ride that thing, you don't have a stepstool or a crane

Matty
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 02:57 PM
i rode it last night......

MetaLord 9
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 03:02 PM
^^ Why?

Bueller
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I Funny thing yesterday...after all the work on the rocks, dirt and potholes, we took my fave hwy back to civilization...hwy7 was a sweet way to end the day for me :hump:

Supermoto, problem solved.

A couple of times I thought I was a gonner. I hit some rocks that would have torn a steel i-beam in half. Good time tho. I just wish it was closer. 152 miles to ride 38 miles of kickass old school railroad trail.
Thanks for the invite:( I'da trailered 'em up to coal creek ;)

i rode it last night......

It begins

mtnairlover
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Supermoto, problem solved.

Oh dayum...completely forgot about that. Oh the choices...:crazy:

Matty
Mon Aug 17th, 2009, 04:08 PM
It begins
ya... i'm getting more and more tempted.

maybe next season i'll have another addition in the garage.

0BEER:30
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 09:07 PM
^^^It was hillarious seeing Matty try to throw a leg over the DRZ then catch himself on the other side then back again. Thought he was going down. I got quite a laugh.

I had to walk the thing back and forth in the garage on Sunday so Gene could clean and lube the chain after its bath. (no center stand yet) I was barely on my tip toes and could only walk it backwards. Thing is huge! THE POWA!

Nick_Ninja
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 09:27 PM
^^^It was hillarious seeing Matty try to throw a leg over the DRZ then catch himself on the other side then back again. Thought he was going down. I got quite a laugh.

I had to walk the thing back and forth in the garage on Sunday so Gene could clean and lube the chain after its bath. (no center stand yet) I was barely on my tip toes and could only walk it backwards. Thing is huge! THE POWA!

You realize that you are now officially a single parent :D

Matty
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 09:30 PM

Ya ya ya... i'm vertically challenged.

0BEER:30
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 10:54 PM
You realize that you are now officially a single parent :D

You think he's bad now......wait til spring after I get my endorsement. I will never be home.......It's ok I'll show him how to sign up for the WIC program.