PDA

View Full Version : Helmet head?

kawasakirob
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Saw a guy walking around in the camera department of a Meijers(like a WalMart) store up here in GR Michigan with his helmet on. I have seen flip up lid owners before walking around shopping with there helmets on but never a full face. It was interesting. Did not get a picture.

Devaclis
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 02:31 PM
They get scared when I walk into the gas station with my lid on.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I miss Meijer....so much better than WalMart... *sigh*

kawasakirob
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 02:40 PM
They changed meijers around alot.

Sully
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Walmart is Teh SUCK!

hcr25
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Walmart is Teh SUCK!

Ha, ive seen you there shopping!

Ricky
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 03:04 PM
It's nearly mandatory to wear a helmet inside Walmart anyway. Too many people in there that don't pay attention to where they're walking.

mtnairlover
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 03:06 PM
lol...I went to the ATM at my bank and had my helmet on. I threw up the peace sign when I got my money to the camera. Next time I went, there was a sign on the door that said "No helmets allowed"...tee hee.

ChrisCBX
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 03:18 PM

I did that ONE time at a 711 since I was in a hurry. The clerks asked me to not do it again.:lol: (I can see their point. They probably thought it was a robbery)

lol...I went to the ATM at my bank and had my helmet on. I threw up the peace sign when I got my money to the camera. Next time I went, there was a sign on the door that said "No helmets allowed"...tee hee.

I go to the ATM quite a bit with my helmet on. I can understand the ATM owner's point of view here as well but they will need to put up a LOT of signs if they don't like people in helmets or wearing sunglasses and hats etc. etc. :)

Mother Goose
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Ha, ive seen you there shopping!
I've seen her there working!

MrFreeze5
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I do this pretty often getting gas, but I make sure I already have my money out when I walk in. Hand them the cash, then walk back out. I dont really care if they dont like it. If Im goign to take my lid off, I need to take my gloves off otherwise the strap is a pain. So they can just deal with me wearing a helmet in their store for 20 seconds.

TheStig
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I do this pretty often getting gas, but I make sure I already have my money out when I walk in. Hand them the cash, then walk back out. I dont really care if they dont like it. If Im goign to take my lid off, I need to take my gloves off otherwise the strap is a pain. So they can just deal with me wearing a helmet in their store for 20 seconds.

Word im the same way, just flip my visor open have my stuff out. Now if I was wearing a black trenchcoat and a helmet then they might have something...

kawasakirob
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Oh it was great. Full Face Blue icon helmt, unstrapped, walking around with a armfull of groceries, loose gold mini chain around his neck. Icon must make a damn comfy helmet, would have been a good commercial.

JonnyD
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I was flat stopped in First Bank when I walked in with my flip-up helmet on. Kinda surprised me, but I can understand why. The gal there greeting folks told me to stop, and please take my helmet off. It was weird because I looked around and everyone was kinda looking at me =/ It also might have had to do with me ducking under the doorway to get in and wearing full gear. Anyway, don't wear it into a bank!

I still get funny looks if I get lazy and don't take my gloves off in the bank.

Ricky
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Financial institutions generally require you to take off hats and glasses when you enter, so that you can be seen on camera. If you ever look at shots from bank security camera shots after a robbery, you'll notice that the person is generally wearing a hat or glasses to partially shield identity.

I've been through robbery training because I worked for a credit union for many years, and it's a big deal about watching customers/members is watching features that cannot be changed (i.e. not clothes), so seeing everyone's face is very necessary. Even if your intention isn't to rob the place, you might hit a car in the parking lot as you are leaving, then they can trace that back to you, but not if you're wearing your helmet inside. As for an ATM, if you're not inside a building, there's really absolutely nothing they can say or do about it. I use the ATM at my bank all the time, and they don't give a fuck. But it's also not inside the building.

thatmofo
Tue Aug 18th, 2009, 09:30 PM
I walk in gas stations all the time with my helmet on, without flipping the visor up and yell as loud as I can, "$5 on pump 5 please!"

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Aug 19th, 2009, 12:18 PM
....not as scared as when you walk in with your face uncovered.......:)

Squisha
Wed Aug 19th, 2009, 12:22 PM
oh snap.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Aug 19th, 2009, 06:39 PM
oh snap.
'S ok, Dana knows he's my bud.:)

lil_shane84
Thu Aug 20th, 2009, 09:46 AM
I walk in gas stations all the time with my helmet on, without flipping the visor up and yell as loud as I can, "$5 on pump 5 please!"

+1 on that, i never really know how loud to talk to its just easier to yell!!

Gainer
Thu Aug 20th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Saw a guy walking around in the camera department of a Meijers(like a WalMart) store up here in GR Michigan with his helmet on. I have seen flip up lid owners before walking around shopping with there helmets on but never a full face. It was interesting. Did not get a picture.

I will be in GR next week. Can't wait to go to Meijer!!! Wal-mart won't build a store even close to them. What are you doing in GR???